What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Since I found this combo 2 weeks ago right when I got the game but I haven't seen anyone mention it(sticks)
F213xxfury j2 f21xxfury j3 WD
So that does 34%/37% with a jumpin. Is that impractical?because its not listed anywhere as a good BnB but it doesn't seem hard to me and u can probably replace the f213 with anything and get the same damage.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Tbh I disagree with Saitsu, I think with escrima you should be focused on setting up good positioning instead of straight good damage, Ive sacrificed 5-7% of my normal damage on combos so I can end in a hard knockdown to follow up for mixups
i allllways end my combos with flip kick. and rarely loose more than 3% damage.. its by far the best way to end your combos imo

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
But my thing is I rarely ever open people up for an opportunity to land escrima fury. I guess im spoiled by marvel 3 and ssf4 hitconfirms.
i hardly evvvvveeer use escrima fury.. too risky imo do just as good damage with ex flipkick on most occasions...
only do it when hit confirming after b2 and when i raarrelly have the chance to punish with f2

Also, what combo do you guys use after b2? I've been following it up with f213 4 staff spin 4 dash in if not in the corner, and stay in staff if in the corner.......but i can't help think I'm doing something really basic and should be doing something different.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
how do you guys end your staff combos.. just wondering how it compares to mine
I always end in staff spin when I can. Building meter is crucial to our game.

i hardly evvvvveeer use escrima fury.. too risky imo do just as good damage with ex flipkick on most occasions...
only do it when hit confirming after b2 and when i raarrelly have the chance to punish with f2
I used to feel like this. Sometimes the risk is worth the reward. I use escrima fury as a wakeup attack against people who either don't know about it's properties, or don't want to respect it.
Also, I use b2xx4xxstaff spin which is a hard knockdown. This puts my opponent at the perfect distance for a single dash in, and cross up ji2. I always follow that ji2 with 113 and if the ji2 hits, I'll input df2 to continue the combo.
For the first one how did u do the 2nd f213?
Walk forward for a split second after j3, then f213. This will take some practice at first, then become second nature.
Is there a better super combo in staff than just 1 super?

I would test this if I didn't have to work :(
If you're not using meter with Nightwing, you're doing it wrong. As a new Nightwing, you should focus your energy on how to spend this meter outside of super combos, as you'll get more damage from chipping your opponent with 5 bars of MB staff spin than you will from a super combo. Nightwing is a meter machine.
Also, what combo do you guys use after b2? I've been following it up with f213 4 staff spin 4 dash in if not in the corner, and stay in staff if in the corner.......but i can't help think I'm doing something really basic and should be doing something different.
I go with b2xx4xxstaff spinxx4 to build meter and set myself up for a cross up ji2. Lulzlou does some really dirty b2 b2 df2 b2 db2 stuff to set up more b2 and keep them blocking. @Xbladez does b2 3 df2 a lot. It really just boils down to preference, and how you want to condition your opponent. Knowing how to execute all these different combos will keep your opponent guessing. And when they're worried about your offense, they're not thinking about to how apply their own.

You're the best man, good stuff.

The reason I was asking about the super is strictly for the end of the game and you don't want them to clash. I don't think I've done his super ever except to end the match on a reaction to a jump in. But in staff it's hard to get big damage that isn't clashable.

NightwingDayZero

You're the best man, good stuff.

The reason I was asking about the super is strictly for the end of the game and you don't want them to clash. I don't think I've done his super ever except to end the match on a reaction to a jump in. But in staff it's hard to get big damage that isn't clashable.

Instead of Super - which does 33% damage. Why not Flip Kick MB b3 f3? 24% damage and a hard knockdown to set yourself up for another Flip Kick MB or you can end in b3 and go into some meter building wingding tossing. The only way they can clash this attack is if they make the read on Flip Kick MB and clash the second hit of it. Not an easy thing to do.

At this point, even if they DO clash, they will be spending 2 meters to match my 1 spent in order to recover from that 1 meter combo. And here I am still holding some bars to combat their wager. Or I could zone them out, and when they get in go for a MB b3 b3 for 19% and continue zoning.

Nightwing's super is horrible for punishing anything but a jump in and we absolutely need to make the best possible use of our meter.

Again, if you're intent on using Nightwing's super - this is your preference and playstyle, and if you're winning, who am I to argue? But I see far better options for meter use that aren't so direct and finite.

Well you've convinced me lol.

I've notice while playing, if you land a d12 a good majority of the time if I follow it with a b2 the b2 lands. I don't know if this is just an online thing, but I never see NWs doing it. I don't get a chance to play really really good people all that often, so I have a feeling it's probably just an online thing. Hopefully it's not a bad habit that's going to come back and bite me.

NightwingDayZero

Well you've convinced me lol.

I've notice while playing, if you land a d12 a good majority of the time if I follow it with a b2 the b2 lands. I don't know if this is just an online thing, but I never see NWs doing it. I don't get a chance to play really really good people all that often, so I have a feeling it's probably just an online thing. Hopefully it's not a bad habit that's going to come back and bite me.

This is because most people don't realize d12 is a mid attack and they should be blocking high. This is where you can be doing d12xx4xxdb2 MB to check them into blocking low. If it hits, you'll get ~30-34%. If it doesn't, you're +18 on block. Go nuts.

There are a couple matchups where d12 b2 (or b2 in any way) is a death wish. Green Lantern (his b13 is 9 frame low) and Superman (8 frame f23) come to mind. I know there are a couple others. Remember d12 is only +4. B2 is 15 frames. Anything your opponent does that is faster than 11 frames (Bane's d1 is 11 frames to give you an idea of how slow that is) will likely beat your b2 to the punch.

NightwingDayZero

Damn, I need to start finding good players to play against so I don't fall into these bad habits.
Don't think of it as a bad habit, think of it as a calculated risk.

Escrima Fury is -15 on block, but if I use it as a wakeup attack and score a combo - it was a huge risk that paid off. Now if I use it every single time and I'm being punished consistently - yeah that's a bad habit.

Watch some of Lulzlou's gameplay from last week. He gets away with a LOT of b2 shenanigans and even admitted the only reason he was able to abuse it to that extent was because his opponent didn't know what to do against it. As a general rule, if they're getting hit with stupid stuff, keep doing stupid stuff until they get smart

Also, you can find good players here:
http://testyourmight.com/forums/regional-matchmaking.228/

Get out there and represent some Dick.

I just found the most damaging way to set-up a hard knockdown off of b2 that I know of. The two most consistent combos to set this up from are:
b2, 33 xx df2, dash 113(27%)
b2, f2 xx df2, dash 113(25%)
The second combo seems to have a larger window for the full 113 to hit. You can cancel the last hit into ground spark xx dash if you want.

Lulzlou

Noob
Don't think of it as a bad habit, think of it as a calculated risk.

Escrima Fury is -15 on block, but if I use it as a wakeup attack and score a combo - it was a huge risk that paid off. Now if I use it every single time and I'm being punished consistently - yeah that's a bad habit.

Watch some of Lulzlou's gameplay from last week. He gets away with a LOT of b2 shenanigans and even admitted the only reason he was able to abuse it to that extent was because his opponent didn't know what to do against it. As a general rule, if they're getting hit with stupid stuff, keep doing stupid stuff until they get smart

Also, you can find good players here:
http://testyourmight.com/forums/regional-matchmaking.228/

Get out there and represent some Dick.
I'll write up something about b2 tonight is tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff revolving around it. I only abused some of it because they kept falling for the same thing. The combo is still amazing and will blow up most wake ups.

I'll write up something about b2 tonight is tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff revolving around it. I only abused some of it because they kept falling for the same thing. The combo is still amazing and will blow up most wake ups.
Hey LUL, do you have any vids I can watch of your matches? I've heard a lot of good stuff about you NW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.