What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Found a way to land b3 in meterless combos midscreen. Basically you tap forward after escrima fury right before you hit b3. If done correctly you move forward just enough (maybe negate moving back slightly from the back in b3?) to land the back 3. Very inconsistent right now but buffs his meteless damage a bit.

Midscreen:
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, f213db3/4db3 ~35%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j2, j2, f213db3/4db3 ~35%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, 3df2, j3db1 ~38%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, 3bounce, j2, j3db1 ~40%

Edit: really just takes practice. I've been landing it more and more as I try.

AssassiN

Noob
I have to appologize. The above setup (the corner ToD) can be avoided with a tech roll.

That's ok, it's not a ToD but I think it might be possible to make it one. Gonna try out some shit and see what I kind find.
The "worst" thing we got out of this is a setup where the opponent has to wake-up attack or roll depending on using the interactible or going for NW mix-ups.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Found a way to land b3 in meterless combos midscreen. Basically you tap forward after escrima fury right before you hit b3. If done correctly you move forward just enough (maybe negate moving back slightly from the back in b3?) to land the back 3. Very inconsistent right now but buffs his meteless damage a bit.

Midscreen:
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, f213db3/4db3 ~35%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j2, j2, f213db3/4db3 ~35%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, 3df2, j3db1 ~38%
-f213df2, (f)b3, j3, 3bounce, j2, j3db1 ~40%

Edit: really just takes practice. I've been landing it more and more as I try.

Been known for a little while hanzero. You can actually just hold forward during the fury, then b3 :)

AssassiN

Noob
TakeAChance NightwingDayZero

I found a better ender for the corner interactible set-up. It ends with an untechable knockdown so they can't roll, wake-ups still whiff, jumping is not an option and B3/F3 MB only works against certain interactibles(like Atlantis wheel). They can only escape with forward dashing the moment they get up and backdashing as well. So this can be abused against an opponent who has no idea what is going on and if they do know about it you got a mix-up. If they mistime the backdash it will hit them but it will not launch.

End your corner combo with 113 and quickly dash under them, 113 causes an untechable knockdown where the higher you hit them the longer they stay grounded. Something that I'm still trying to figure out is the height of 113, what I mean by that is that you can actually trick the opponent where a forward dash would not be possible and they would actually have to backdash to completely avoid any mix-ups. This seems very dirty. To have this happen you can use the combo F213, J1, 113 at the highest point, the opponent actually wakes up away from the corner and that's when you know it's succesful. It's completely random for me at the moment, maybe you guys can figure out a way to let it be consistent.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I got some new stuff that I worked out last night in Escrima mode...having his backdash is becoming more and more important as the meta for this game evolves...as such we will need to pay more attention to escrima.

Good thing escrima has some dirt.

F213~fury F3, f3 is a hard knock down. Dash forward and cross up 2. It is a safe jump and it's hella effective.

Green Lanterns lift, Wonderwomans lasso, Sinestros arachnid all cannot hit you.

In the corner, F213~furry 112 F213~fury d2 NJ = safe jump. If they wakeup you will block it every time. They have to respect it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Better Midscreen safe jump setup.

30% f213~fury F3 113 Jump towards the opponent. Not punishable. Can block all wakeups, if they respect it, you get a deep j2 for a free 112.

Hanzer0

Escrima corner "OTG" setup:

f213df2, j3, 112, 112, 11df2, 113 ~38%

In a combo like this there will be very high gravity scaling. You want to let all four hits of 113 land for hard knockdown. This lets you follow up with a few options:

113db2: Ground spark hits low and instantly stands the opponent back up. On hit= 8% and leaves you at +17, granting any free followup. On block= 2% chip, -4f (safe except krypt. crush)

113db2MB: MB ground spark is low. On hit= 12% (50% total for one bar) and knocks opponent down. On block= +11. b1, b2, 3, d3 and u3 all frametrap from this distance.

113, u3: Its an overhead/crossup overhead. The crossup reverses wakeup inputs. U3 can be delayed to hit in front, or done instantly to crossup.

113db3MB: MB flip kick is a crossup overhead. On hit it launches the opponent for another combo. You can even combo your opponent to setup the OTG again. On block you're at -14 and in the corner (punishable). Regular flip kick will always whiff off this setup.

The opponent CAN wakeup out of this but they have very few frames to input. Furthermore, crossups reverse inputs, so wakeups are very risky for the opponent. IMO it is completely impractical for them to even attempt a wakeup. I have not been successful in performing one, but the AI can just frame out of the OTG.

The opponent CANNOT jump, dash, or MB armor out of the follow up.

AssassiN

Noob
Hanzer0

I've been using 113 as a corner ender for a while, I always loved how you can control how fast the opponent has to input his wake-up.
You're busy using Ground Spark as a low mix-up while you can switch stance into Staff Pound MB for a free combo if they don't block correctly.
Only happened a very few times where the opponent woke up out of this stuff, so props to them lol.

I don't think this stuff OTG's, but this set-ups a three-way mix-up with NW. Where you can either do Flipkick MB, Ground Blast MB or B2. All of these options are safe where the opponent has 33,3% chance of guessing correctly. People are bitching about his D1, let's see how they like this one :p.

Hanzer0

AssassiN

Hm, I never even considered ground blast. Thanks for the tip!
And I call it an "OTG" (with quotes) because you hit them before they have a chance to get up and move. They are forced to stay on the ground. After further testing this can also grant a safe jump. I also like canceling ground spark with a forward dash. This keeps you safe against a lot of wakeups and allows you to block and punish. Do you know of any reliable crossups in staff after a low 113?

I've found a few ways to carry the opponent to the corner and set this up as far away as mid screen.
I'm liking Escrima a lot more than staff, not only for NW's mobility but the control over carrying your opponent to the corner with things like MB Escrima Fury and MB Flip kick to switch sides.

AssassiN

Noob
AA combo's
Escrima
- 1, F213~Ender(Flipkick = 19%, 4~Staff Spin = 20%)
- D2, J2, F213~Ender(Flipkick = 20%, 4~Staff Spin = 21%)

Staff
- D2~4~Escrima Fury, Ender(Flipkick, J3~Wing Dings)
- J2, 1~Ground Pound MB, B3, J2, Ender(Staff Spin = 36%, 1~Flying Grayson = 39%) => When AA'ing jumping backwards, you won't be in range for 1 to connect but you can still get Ground Pound MB to connect

Hanzer0

Probably to slow.
Yea probably too slow, but this can still be an option.
I don't have access to injustice right now, but go into practice mode and check a few things.
b2,4,db2 is definitely interruptable, but try b2,4,db3.
If staff spin is not interruptable then you can use this to make them respect your b2 on block, after which you can mix it up with ground blast.

Also, i'm not sure if the ground blast will connect after a hit b2. If it doesn't, then forget this because then you'd waste a bar for no combo.

Jakealo

Noob
Yea probably too slow, but this can still be an option.
I don't have access to injustice right now, but go into practice mode and check a few things.
b2,4,db2 is definitely interruptable, but try b2,4,db3.
If staff spin is not interruptable then you can use this to make them respect your b2 on block, after which you can mix it up with ground blast.

Also, i'm not sure if the ground blast will connect after a hit b2. If it doesn't, then forget this because then you'd waste a bar for no combo.
I know ground blast will connect after a B2 leading to a 38% combo I believe. I'll have to check with the staff spin to see if you can interrupt it. Thanks.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Chongo

50% (with jump in) 48% without. Practical and easy to do 2 bar corner combo. This is a round ender for both bars. Easy to setup, Easy to execute, massive damage.

Sorry about the shaky cam as always.

50% with JI

Ji2 1f1~db2(meter burn) Nj3 11 D2~Staff Spin (meter burn) D2~Staff Spin - Hard Knockdown

48%

1f1~db2(meter burn) Nj3 11 D2~Staff Spin (meter burn) D2~Staff Spin - Hard Knockdown

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chongo

50% (with jump in) 48% without Practical and easy to do 2 bar corner combo. This is a round ender for both bars. Easy to setup, Easy to execute, massive damage.

50% with JI

Ji2 1f1~db2(meter burn) Nj3 11 D2~Staff Spin (meter burn) D2~Staff Spin - Hard Knockdown

48%

1f1~db2(meter burn) Nj3 11 D2~Staff Spin (meter burn) D2~Staff Spin - Hard Knockdown
I saw your status, very good shit Chance :).

It'll be added.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Chongo
Sorry if I tagged wrong, new to tym and on fone lol

Anyway escrima corner combos (noticed the lack of)

Easy 40% off of b2 overhead (1meter)

b2, f213 xx db1, 112 xx df2, 113

I got a few more recorded on practice mode, ill edit in the morning once I check so I can remember inputs

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chongo
Sorry if I tagged wrong, new to tym and on fone lol

Anyway escrima corner combos (noticed the lack of)

Easy 40% off of b2 overhead (1meter)

b2, f213 xx db1, 112 xx df2, 113

I got a few more recorded on practice mode, ill edit in the morning once I check so I can remember inputs
Will be added :)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Chongo

50% (with jump in) 48% without Practical and easy to do 2 bar corner combo. This is a round ender for both bars. Easy to setup, Easy to execute, massive damage.

50% with JI

48%

Soooooo much easier than the db2 1111 d2 db3 variation. Hopefully I can burn the neural pathway and muscle memory in before Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.