Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What has been the best midscreen staff combo? The most I've gotten is 36%

ji2, 2, b3, dash, ji2, 1 ~ flying grayson

It does 32% without the jump-in, so a nice overhead combo.

Saitsu

Noob
With meter, always go into Ground Blast. If you absolutely need meterless Staff Damage, you're going to have to Stance Switch mid combo.

laial

Noob
What has been the best midscreen staff combo? The most I've gotten is 36%

ji2, 2, b3, dash, ji2, 1 ~ flying grayson

It does 32% without the jump-in, so a nice overhead combo.
You can get 38% if you walk forward slightly after the b3 instead of dashing and then doing ji3, 1 ~ flying grayson.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You can get 38% if you walk forward slightly after the b3 instead of dashing and then doing ji3, 1 ~ flying grayson.
I can also get 38% with my same combo by adding another 1. I just didn't think I could get two 1's in there. I'll try yours as well though.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
I get 33% midscreen in escrima stance with j2 113~df2 *slight walk forward* b3 j2 j3 *in the air* db1

Edit: correction 35%

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TimTim

Don't Hate
Wait I haven't checked the damage but 2 back 3 j.2 3 1 grayson looks like it does damage.
Also for escrima bnb i'd stick with whatever into escrima fury f.3 b.2 escrima fury j.3 wing ding.

Hey, I'm messing around with Nightwing because he seems pretty fun as a rushdown guy. Is the Kali Fury his DF2? I don't see that special specifically, but there is a Escrima Fury.

Saitsu

Noob
For straight damage, they're fine. I wouldn't really call a combo off of Staff 2 a BnB but obviously one is needed for when you do land it. Your Escrima combo, like I said, good for damage. I have no issues with them.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Answer. Staff Ground Blast.
So I see your Nightwing switch to staff mid combo.

I block low momentarily - as I know the only really option you have is to ground blast. The only lows you can perform from here are 1f1 and 1d3. Both are easy reads.

Are we counting on people to not know their frame data 2-3 months down the line? Dick's frame traps are godlk and I feel like I'm leaning to heavily on them. I just don't see much in the way of mixups for us.

Saitsu

Noob
So I see your Nightwing switch to staff mid combo.

I block low momentarily - as I know the only really option you have is to ground blast. The only lows you can perform from here are 1f1 and 1d3. Both are easy reads.

Are we counting on people to not know their frame data 2-3 months down the line? Dick's frame traps are godlk and I feel like I'm leaning to heavily on them. I just don't see much in the way of mixups for us.
Okay and? If Ground Blast gets blocked I'm +. If I MB it, I'm even more +. That's a frame trap in itself. And honestly, frame traps aren't as good in this game when things like MB B3/F3 and Pushblock exist. The opponent will not press buttons that often against your block shit later in the game, and NW can't hitconfirm from anything but MB Ground Blast/Flip Kick and B3/F3, none of which are from frame traps.

The way you're going to open people up is to make them guess High/Low/Left/Right. Unless you think that's not worth the time and all time should be spent on frame traps that realistically won't work against people who actually understand the mechanics of this game.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Okay and? If Ground Blast gets blocked I'm +. If I MB it, I'm even more +. That's a frame trap in itself. And honestly, frame traps aren't as good in this game when things like MB B3/F3 and Pushblock exist. The opponent will not press buttons that often against your block shit later in the game, and NW can't hitconfirm from anything but MB Ground Blast/Flip Kick and B3/F3, none of which are from frame traps.

The way you're going to open people up is to make them guess High/Low/Left/Right. Unless you think that's not worth the time and all time should be spent on frame traps that realistically won't work against people who actually understand the mechanics of this game.
Right, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just wrestling with the character design lately. I hate that hit confirming is so difficult with this character. My inexperience with the genre shines sometimes.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro

You can hit confirm f213 right? At -24 for fury there must be hit conformable strings surely?

Saitsu

Noob
You can hit confirm f213 right? At -24 for fury there must be hit conformable strings surely?
No you can't (well, at least midscreen). Nothing will connect if you try and cancel the string on the second hit of 3.

He does not have any Hit Confirm Strings.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
No you can't (well, at least midscreen). Nothing will connect if you try and cancel the string on the second hit of 3.

He does not have any Hit Confirm Strings.
Surely this is a serious design flaw? I want to pick up NW seriously but this alone is putting me off.

Saitsu

Noob
Well it's a matter of space control, punishing and various mixups. Plus a few of his specials hitconfirm on their own while being safe. MB Ground Blast in Staff hitconfirms. MB Flip Kick in Escrima. B2 in Escrima. 2 in Staff.

Trust me, it seems at first like you couldn't open people up with NW easily but after learning him more and more you find out...that it's nearly impossible for the opponent to really block him that long up close.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Well it's a matter of space control, punishing and various mixups. Plus a few of his specials hitconfirm on their own while being safe. MB Ground Blast in Staff hitconfirms. MB Flip Kick in Escrima. B2 in Escrima. 2 in Staff.

Trust me, it seems at first like you couldn't open people up with NW easily but after learning him more and more you find out...that it's nearly impossible for the opponent to really block him that long up close.
He seems like a tough nut to crack but I want to put some time in. So far all I've done is practice BnBs but that's not going to get me very far. Is there any more footage of decent NWs yet? This is probably the wrong thread to discuss this kind of stuff.

Saitsu

Noob
Guamo's the best that we have decent footage of. I'll try to find someone that might want to run matches with me online but I can't promise anything. Maybe I'll see if I can ask Sabin to match him so I can get some legwork on the GL and Sinestro Matchups as well.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I never do fury to be honest.. I always try to end combos with flip kick so doing ex flip kick after f213 does the same damage as ex fury

Status
Not open for further replies.