What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
yes im sure. been sure for weeks. but just to satisfy you i went back and tested it again using the same method I use to test all the frame traps I have . first I will set the flash to reversal with his 6f uppercut , the reversal window is a little janky but this usually gives a good idea of if a move will work . then i set the opponent to record what ever frame trap i do and i manually try to beat it. i will re try the same set up as many times as it takes for me to get a consistent and confident answer.

on BOTH a deep Ji2 d1 was a true blockstring. nothing they could push. now granted. the d1 is a tight and timing the Ji2 is also tight but it is definitely in the realm of usable .

i will say thought while you brought it up, having a 6f high and a 9f d1 is my biggest grip about escrima. the oppoent has to be -4 for us to safely hit D1 , which is ass. if he had a 8f mid though that would be all he needed to deal with d1 spam in escrima better
True enough. I like to use lex's corps charge. (same thing different move lol)

I will have a look at just HOW deep you need to hit the j2. I have honestly started trying to stay more grounded or useing ji3 unless I can hit a low escrima and use the stagger to cover my jump. (opponents don't like to try to AA after that animation)

Yea his jump ins and AA are extremely lacking , if the opponent is already knocked down (like say off of staff db3 4 ) i will then use escrima to force a high/low mixup but other than that if im in escrima in trying to find a way OUT of escrima

For staff combos in the corner, I find the crouching 1 to be a pretty fast attack. The standing 2 1 1 ...1f1 combos are great, as well as 2 2 1..1f1, but 2 2 (crouch) 1 1 1 1... is an extremely reliable way for me to get at least 6 hits for ~24%. Not being a combo whiz myself (yet) I like something easy to pull off.

I'm finding it really tough midscreen to land anything after Fury j3 (especially WD) except for another Fury. Any tips?

For staff combos in the corner, I find the crouching 1 to be a pretty fast attack. The standing 2 1 1 ...1f1 combos are great, as well as 2 2 1..1f1, but 2 2 (crouch) 1 1 1 1... is an extremely reliable way for me to get at least 6 hits for ~24%. Not being a combo whiz myself (yet) I like something easy to pull off.

I'm finding it really tough midscreen to land anything after Fury j3 (especially WD) except for another Fury. Any tips?
Well you can do almost anything. Fury j2 j3 xx WD, j3 f21 xx 4 xx Flying G, j3 f21 xx Flip. I think it's more of your timing problem. You should hit j.3 near to the ground so you can recover fast while the hitstun is keeping your opponent afloat

Ulturas

Noob
41% Midscreen 1 Bar - JI2 F213 xx DB3 MB, B3, JI3, B11 xx DF2 I'll post a video up later.

Tried to add to this as well I can get 44% with 1 Bar and Staff switching. Vid up soon!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Not being a combo whiz myself (yet) I like something easy to pull off.
Try f3, 3, db3 in staff stance for 25%. It's pretty easy to get off, but slow to get started.

f213, df2, f3, j1, 112 in escrima stance for 30%. I find the j1 much easier to connect with. Also, if the last hit whiffs, you don't get completely screwed.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
I can't consistently get f213 switch stance db2 to connect or make it a true block string. is there a trick to this?
You have to cancel the 4xx DB3, Input the F213 4 as you normally would and as soon as you see nightwing bind his sticks input DB3 after a while it will become muscle memory keep practicing. For practice you can do 4xx Db3 over and over again until you get the timing down.

Sup guys, recently started diving into Injustice and Nightwing is really sick. Here's a little combo video I made with BnBs for different situations. Tell me what you think :) That fraud damian gets the beating he deserves.
that was sick. the combos happened so fast i don't even know what was going on lol

Thanks for the tips earlier, I was finally able to land Fury j3 WD last night! I found that with Fury, I can't pre-input the j3, I have to wait for the Fury to run its course. Yet, with the WD, I have to input it right away, as soon as I execute the j3 I immediately input the WD like it is part of one contiguous string, then it is no problem. I'm looking forward to building up more combos in the days and weeks ahead.

Sup Folks, just made this account on here because to be honest I don't play MK9 anymore but Injustice I am liking ALOT so yeah decided why not make an acc.
I main Nightwing and I thought I'd post this combo vid I made with some high/max dmg bnb's, corner combos, double stance switch and ofcourse the BONUS combo :D so yeah hope you like it

Edit:
Just added Notations in the description.

Bibulus

Noob
I'm going to try and say this in the least insulting way I can manage.

Please write this in a notation that someone who knows the basic notation can read. I shouldn't need to research what a fucking flying grayson is in the event I don't have a console right in front of me.

Saitsu

Noob
I'm going to try and say this in the least insulting way I can manage.

Please write this in a notation that someone who knows the basic notation can read. I shouldn't need to research what a fucking flying grayson is in the event I don't have a console right in front of me.
I'll say this in the "I don't give a shit how you take it" way.

It takes one minute to learn the move names. Take the fucking time to learn them. If you can't handle that then obviously the school system has failed you.

Question(s): I was inspired by the Negative Edge video which was front-paged days ago (featuring Nightwing) to turn my Release Catch off. I'm on PS3, btw. When I did, it changed the move notation. For example, instead of Down Forward 2, it became Down Diagonal-Down-Forward Forward 2. Back Forward 3 became Back Diagonal-Back-Down Down Diagonal-Down-Forward Forward 3. So 5 arrows instead of 2. Further, it seemed like I was having a trickier time executing, like I needed to roll my thumb more. I couldn't just hit the two buttons, but had to roll my thumb along the bottom to do something like a Flying Grason. Since I wasn't used to it, I switched the Release Catch back On for the limited time I had left to play that day and figured I'd get back to it, yet the notation stayed the same. All the diagonals are still there. Even after a reset of the game and PS3. Anyone else experience something like this? Specifically with Nightwing? Further, is the consensus here that Release Catch is "better" Off with Nightwing? In watching tournament vids it seems the 'pros' turn it Off.

Thanks in advance.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Question(s): I was inspired by the Negative Edge video which was front-paged days ago (featuring Nightwing) to turn my Release Catch off. I'm on PS3, btw. When I did, it changed the move notation. For example, instead of Down Forward 2, it became Down Diagonal-Down-Forward Forward 2. Back Forward 3 became Back Diagonal-Back-Down Down Diagonal-Down-Forward Forward 3. So 5 arrows instead of 2. Further, it seemed like I was having a trickier time executing, like I needed to roll my thumb more. I couldn't just hit the two buttons, but had to roll my thumb along the bottom to do something like a Flying Grason. Since I wasn't used to it, I switched the Release Catch back On for the limited time I had left to play that day and figured I'd get back to it, yet the notation stayed the same. All the diagonals are still there. Even after a reset of the game and PS3. Anyone else experience something like this? Specifically with Nightwing? Further, is the consensus here that Release Catch is "better" Off with Nightwing? In watching tournament vids it seems the 'pros' turn it Off.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you switched Alternate controls, not release check.

Bibulus

Noob
I'll say this in the "I don't give a shit how you take it" way.

It takes one minute to learn the move names. Take the fucking time to learn them. If you can't handle that then obviously the school system has failed you.
There is no legend... So if I'm a new player looking at this for the first time I have no idea what kind of gibberish you guys are speaking in. Why do you hate new players?

Status
Not open for further replies.