What's new

If you could balance patch MK9, what would you do? (NRS PLEASE READ!!!)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"shit, we dont have a mid hitting move for this guy....uh, yeah, just make it that normal. No one will care".
NRS Programing Engineer: "shit, we dont have a mid hitting move for this guy"
WB Responsable: "...uh, yeah, just make it that normal. No one will care"

:p

Flagg

Noob
Very simple, remove all armor and resets. Done change nothing else
For awhile i've wondered how different the game would suddenly get if there was no armour for anyone. It wouldnt bother me as I mostly play the non-armour characters. People might appreciate how hard it is to get near a zoner if you're playing as someone like CSZ though.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sub Zero

- Increased duration time between when clones can be set
This is why you shouldn't post threads when you're on hash.

Mileena
give her a normal mouth and make her my slave

kitana
give her a womans face and make her my slave

jade
pour honey and become a bear

sindel
fuck that shit,im out.

Kabal
Pizza skin boy should be a delivery boy,heavy tips and good pay for him.

liu kang
laxative

kung lao
how do you spin?

johnny cage
i love you

subzero
free ice creams and water for eternity

sektor
BBQ expert.

cyrax
if i happen not to catch the girl i'm chasing this bro will help me.

stryker
if i happen to chase the girl with witnesses he bust me out

noob
if someone calls me a noob its a compliment.

shao kahn
personal bodyguard

quan chi
starved chinabro

ermac
one man army

KRYS9984

Noob
Ermac changes i would like to see.

B3 being an overhead or a low hit, which could improve greatly his mixups up close. F4 on hit linking to lift OR if that would be too much then make it safe against all characters, It being punished by full combo by many characters is ridiculus judging from the mixups Ermac has when F4 hits and judging from the dmg it does. Also U4 should be slightly faster.
IMHO, Ermac would need 2 changes:

1 - U4 links into TKS for a combo (similar to Quan Chi's U3 into trance).

The U4 medium starter would make opponents stand block more often; this would allow Ermac 3 - 1 - 2 pressure that would normally wiff on a crouching opponent and more opportunities where F4 can connect.

2 - EX Teleport carries out the entire move similar to Scorpions EX Teleport and can be interrupted before the F2 connects. If not interrupted, F2 will grant +4 on block or on hit you can input TKS for a combo.

In reality the game should have been left alone. Obviously, a character like Kung Lao needed some changes but why did they decided to nerf Jade? Seriously NRS, WTF.

If Noob were to get buffs, I would say
* A small damage buff (5-7%)

And one of these:
EX tele is safe on block
Armor on EX Upknee
Less recovery on shadows

With the less recovery thing, I mean just enough to where he could block afterwards, i.e. a reasonable amount. Don't want him OP.

But a mixture of the damage buff with one of the other three things I mentioned would make Noob high-mid tier, I believe. Understandable if people think EX Upknee having armor would be too much. Same situation with Sindel's EX scream having armor if she got buffed. It's pretty much that "It might be TOO much".

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka:
Baraka's ex charge invincible to projectiles,
speed up b3, f2 and 2 by 2 frames each
f4 special cancel back (without chop corner infin)

....MAYBE old chop chop back but id take other 3 over this

sindel:
give her the armor on ex cartwheel like she was meant to have
less damage scaling off her low starter

mileena:
armor on ex necbite, could still keep at -11 on block so she doesnt have to use 3 bars to et out off a frame trap.
make d1 0 on hit instead of -6,there is no reason to use that move atm

jade:
old u3 back

kano:
old knives

scorpion:
less recovery on whiffed spear
maybe better frames on hit off his pokes

cyrax:
fix this bitch!

kabal:
less damage on iagb
get rid of hitbox behind his back on saw

to the whole "free wakeup" comments, there a tricks to deal with char with good wake ups,been in the game since v1.0, its called the block button or dont pressure like a idiot if ur opp has a special 11 frames or less.
and if meter was used for a wakeup move,a ex wakeup would cost two bars? GTFO

NKZero

Noob
Sub Zero (haven't checked previous pages so apologies to anyone who already posted what I'm about to post):

1. EX Freeze cannot stop when it's halfway across the screen. If it comes out, then even if you take a hit it should still follow through and freeze the opponent.
2. Give Sub Zero a better move than that shitty ice puddle. Since we're talking about MK9, at least give it respectable start-up frames. I don't mind if it's unsafe though on whiff. (IDC about this change really)
3. Fix the properties of slide. As Brady once said how can Sub not duck a high projectile on start-up frames or even in general with some of them but go under Sheeva's mid-hitting fireball?
4. Make standing 2 actually hit mid so it doesn't miss some low hitbox characters in crouch block. (IDC about this change too much but still...)

The main ones to fix are 1 and 3.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Kano's going to need a lot more than a faster overhead to be viable.

- B2 speeded up to around 13 frames
- Faster Knife Throw, either the old one or perhaps even a little faster than that.
- Straight Ball's input changing to B,F+4 or anything similar.
- Recovery on Block for Straight Ball and Air Ball to be the same as Up Ball.
- New Eye Laser move that acts similar to Sektor's Flamethrower and Reptile's Ex Acid Spit that resets airborne opponents to the ground and is good for footsies.

For Nightwolf, the F3 being a low is pretty much my only desired buff. Though it would be nice for arrow to at least be almost as fast as Jax's projectile in startup and recovery so it can be much more viable.

Cyrax, I'm pretty much happy with the character as he is now. Resets or not. Though Cyblax's teleport is still a little nuts, but people have never really said anything about it.

Quan could use a 6 frame d1 at the least, not really sure on what else to give him without potentially overpowering him. Maybe make the startup on telestomp faster?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wake Up attacks no longer are free. Would cost 1 bar of meter, regardless if special move is enhanced or not.
Yay, you wanna buff Reptile. :D

Also, stop pressing buttons all the damn time. >.>

Reptile

- Increase recovery after a blocked Elbow Dash (has SAME recovery as a blocked Kabal's Nomad Dash)
STOP PICKING SHEEVA DAMNIT. THEN THIS WILL NO LONGER BE A PROBLEM. :p

Or get used to punishing it. People are at least 2f punishing in NYC now. Rest of the world needs to get hip to it.