What's new

If you could balance patch MK9, what would you do? (NRS PLEASE READ!!!)

There were some things I agreed on and some that I didn't.I'd have to say the main two that stood out that I wouldn't like would be the dialing out the combo part and the '' sheeva hitting like a truck part'' One of the main reasons why I like MK is that the combos are dialed out.It's not like marvelvscapcom, streetfighter , brawl, or soul caliber where you can just mash everything out.You cannot mash in MK and still win unless both players just suck.If so, we would come across way more scrubs.So if they made MK like any other fighting game, Id just quit playing.As much as I all of the bullshitery that goes on in the game, it's still far more unique in many ways compared to other fighters and it's a *STRATEGY* fighter too for those who says it's too slow.And bigger character outputting more damage, definitely wouldn't want that.It would be like Nightmare in soul caliber where he hits you 4 times with a normal and your dead.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I didn't bother reading most of this so hope this hasn't been said...

Everyone says sub zeros ice ball is so slow, but the fact that it is so slow plays to his advantage in being able to take a hit and you're frozen, even full screen and punish you.

-I think if sub-zero's ice ball is out and you hit him with a projectile, and then you're hit by the ice ball it should do damage without freezing you.

If cyrax drops a bomb and you knock him down, the bomb should not fly you up in to the air allowing him to get up and njp in to a full combo. Instead the bomb should just knock you down.

I only want it for these kind of situations, for example cyrax drops a bomb, punishes me and the bomb goes I fly in to the air.

Jade
- u+3 does more damage
- u+3 hits mid (from 1.04)
Nightwolf
- f+3 is a low
- Lighting cancel like Jax can do whit hes ground pound this would make this character leave the low tier place.
Cyrax
- No longer able to use net again once net has been used ONCE mid combo (2nd net won't even come out). Opponent must either received hard knock down or game registers movement of opponent in order for the net to be active again.
Smoke
- EX Smoke Bomb used after regular Smoke Bomb mid combo will result in a hard knock down every time
Jax
- Combos after EX Ground Pound have increased damage scaling
Shang Tsung
- Glitch fixed where Shang would RANDOMLY get damage boost from previous round Soul Steal that ended round.
Kabal
- Increase the amount of meter he builds on opponents when he combos them lol he builds so few meter whit over 40% 18 hit combos lol Kitana builds way more meter whit a 13 hit 37% combo, this is something I realized some time ago this sucks.
Sheeva
- Can dash cancel Ground Stomp- EX Teleport Stomp has armor through out the entire animation.

Rest of the cast seem to be ok the way they are but if something is necesary would be eliminating all resets, HELL no on the 1 bar for use wakeups thats worst idea ever.

Onefive

Noob
It really makes a lot of sense to nerf Sub-Zero. I agree with Digimon - Sub-Zero should not have an ice clone because it's very annoying when you think he will do something else but he clones and you jump right into it.
Sub zero is coded around ice clone, I can't imagine him without it. I imagine NRS talking about sub zero and when someone asks "does he need ____?" the answer is "oh...well he has ice clone. Players can get conditioned to playing sub though its become common where I can only get in one ice clone if not that a game with most of my friends. It is a wall though and I can see how that can be annoying. If he didn't have ice clone what do you suggest?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Sub zero is coded around ice clone, I can't imagine him without it. I imagine NRS talking about sub zero and when someone asks "does he need ____?" the answer is "oh yeah he has ice clone." I think players can get conditioned to playing sub though its become common where I can only get in one ice clone if not that a game. It is a wall though and I can see how that would be annoying. If he didn't ice clone what would you suggest?
I would suggest taking away ice clone and following Mao's advice by making the iceball just do maybe a couple of percent when he hits you with it after being hit by a projectile himself. Make the freeze animation disappear somewhat like the clone disappears after he gets hit...

Together, these changes would mkae Sub-Zero more in line with the rest of the cast, and no longer S+ tier.

Onefive

Noob
I would suggest taking away ice clone and following Mao's advice by making the iceball just do maybe a couple of percent when he hits you with it after being hit by a projectile himself. Make the freeze animation disappear somewhat like the clone disappears after he gets hit...

Together, these changes would mkae Sub-Zero more in line with the rest of the cast, and no longer S+ tier.
Whoa when did sub move to S+ tier?

: O !

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Sub-zero
Nerf damage overall
ice ball add 20+ frames of start up and 20+ of recovery, on hit it should have less frames of active and 50% scale of its damage
Slide no longer a low and -50 on block
Ex slide no amor, -100 on block
Ex ice ball add 20+ frames of start up and 50+ of recovery and -200 on block
X-ray combos should scale 60%
No longer able to cancel blk strings with ice clones
212 -50 on block
214 -60 on block
222 last hit no longer an overhead and -100 on block
etc etc etc

Spletty

Grandmaster

LOL
Last I heard sub was barely mid tier. He was absolute shit until tom came out with some videos to help show his viability. In no way is sub s+ tier. I hope you're trolling.. I hope to god you are lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Jade
- u+3 does more damage
- u+3 hits mid (from 1.04)
Nightwolf
- f+3 is a low
- Lighting cancel like Jax can do whit hes ground pound this would make this character leave the low tier place.
Cyrax
- No longer able to use net again once net has been used ONCE mid combo (2nd net won't even come out). Opponent must either received hard knock down or game registers movement of opponent in order for the net to be active again.
Smoke
- EX Smoke Bomb used after regular Smoke Bomb mid combo will result in a hard knock down every time
Jax
- Combos after EX Ground Pound have increased damage scaling
Shang Tsung
- Glitch fixed where Shang would RANDOMLY get damage boost from previous round Soul Steal that ended round.
Kabal
- Increase the amount of meter he builds on opponents when he combos them lol he builds so few meter whit over 40% 18 hit combos lol Kitana builds way more meter whit a 13 hit 37% combo, this is something I realized some time ago this sucks.
Sheeva
- Can dash cancel Ground Stomp- EX Teleport Stomp has armor through out the entire animation.

Rest of the cast seem to be ok the way they are but if something is necesary would be eliminating all resets, HELL no on the 1 bar for use wakeups thats worst idea ever.
I'm fucking glad someone else understands what Nightwolf needs...This made me happy, sir.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Sheeva should inherit Goro's 6 frame spin attack with armor that does 32%.

She'd probably still be D tier.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'm fucking glad someone else understands what Nightwolf needs...This made me happy, sir.
We all want the low hitting F3, but how about buffing arrow? I personally think canceling lightening would be a bit OP, with Jax his payout is that he at least has to use the right input if he wants to hit.

Getting all three of those buffs would probably make Nightwolf top ten.....okay maybe I would like all of this.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
We all want the low hitting F3, but how about buffing arrow? I personally think canceling lightening would be a bit OP, with Jax his payout is that he at least has to use the right input if he wants to hit.

Getting all three of those buffs would probably make Nightwolf top ten.....okay maybe I would like all of this.
Lol I make the arrow useful in some situations, so I dont think it needs a buff. But...GOD DAMN could he use a cancellable lightning and f3 as a low starter! Holly balls...lol

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
He'd probably have the best mind games and footsies in the game. I mean, a low combo starter, strings with fast and safe overheads, random shoulders, cancellable lightning to make people jump into axes and standing 1s. Man, I would love this character even more.

Lol I make the arrow useful in some situations, so I dont think it needs a buff. But...GOD DAMN could he use a cancellable lightning and f3 as a low starter! Holly balls...lol
You can have those when Smoke gets his 3 to hit low and make it 9 frames while being 0 on block. Smoke's reset can even be removed.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
every character should get armour (not fair that some chars dont have it)

also the same goes with special move cancels... i.e Raiden should get to superman cancel at will and at the same speed that Kabal gets dash cancels...

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Wake ups costing meter and the dash change is dumb at this stage. It just is. I understand the concept of "Hey I knocked you down!" but the actual application of that would be ridiculous considering the design of this game. Imagine a zoner trying to do everything in his power to keep Cage away, and Cage knocks him down once (realistically most wakeups are baitable as shit anyways) and poof...done. Put the controller down because you've lost. The dash chance wouldn't make a lick of sense either because Cage really doesn't have any problem getting in as we've seen.

I do think every character should have applicable armor though. That's logical.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Wake ups shouldn't cost meter that is one point I don't agree with at all. This game already HEAVILY favors rushdown characters. It's not free anyway, you can bait and full combo punish many wake up attacks to make people scared to even do them at all. I don't need to get into how easy it is to stuff Shang Tsung and Kitana's wake ups anyway, those are just two examples.

Maxter

Noob
Wake ups costing meter is the most retarded change this game would have, a knockdown and another jumping punch for free and 50/50 situations? bring it on NRS, please READ.
This thread should be deleted, it makes no sense, if your character sux change characters if you still lose you are the one who sux no your characters, do yourself a favor and instead of whining and having headaches just quit the game.
NRS developers know how to do a balance job better than anyof us, asking for buffs for your chars and nerfs for others is a little selfish, adapt and improve, or change chars and stop crying.
have a good day!!