What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage I'd frame that: Johnny Cage BnB thread

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Stunt double is so gonna get nerfed lolol
It's not like massive damage for one bar in the corner is anything new. A lot of fighters could get around 50% in the corner in MK9. Plus NRS was fine with Cyrax doing 70% or more every time he touched you, but I have faith they wouldn't let that go unchecked this time.

zHowieHD

Caged
It's not like massive damage for one bar in the corner is anything new. A lot of fighters could get around 50% in the corner in MK9. Plus NRS was fine with Cyrax doing 70% or more every time he touched you, but I have faith they wouldn't let that go unchecked this time.
I understand but come on.theres like no damage scaling for stunt double at all.every hit with the mimic is like 10% extra damage.

onemic

Noob
A-list:
i20 punisher aka teleports: b34, [Shadow Kick Charge],Run Cancel, f24, d1, f3, Nut Punch (25%). Or with Ex Nut Punch, 11, run cancel, f3, Nut Punch for 34%

Wiff punisher: f34[charge], run cancel, f24...etc

Jab punisher(i8): 1,2,1[charge], run cancel, f24...etc

Nut Punch can be charged in combos for aditional few frames(not full) to increas damage by 2%, but timing is strict.Also regular Nut Punch(if not charged) will wiffs on Goro (Oh...the Irony).
How are you getting:

f34[charge], run cancel, f24

to connect? The f24 never connects in time for me after the run cancel.

Fenixy

Noob
How are you getting:

f34[charge], run cancel, f24

to connect? The f24 never connects in time for me after the run cancel.
if it not connects then you doing it too slow. Try to do it with f4 after the cancel,it's 2 frames faster should be more easy to connect : f34[charge],run,f4,f24,d,f3xx nut punch 26% . But f24 is more safe for pressure.

Last edited:

onemic

Noob
if it not connects then you doing it too slow. Try to do it with f4 after the cancel,it's 2 frames faster should be more easy to connect : f34[charge],run,f4,f24,d,f3xx nut punch 26% . But f24 is more safe for pressure.
how are you doing the run cancel? It doesnt even seem possible to link an f3 or f4 after a run canceled f34. by the time johnny exits his dash animation for me, the dummy is almost out of hitstun. I've only ever been able to link a 1 or 2 after.

I think there was a thread someone made showing some pressure options for alist johnny and I noticed that JC was only doing half of his run cancel animation before he threw out a normal. Maybe that's what I'm missing? because whenever I do a run cancel with johnny he always needs to go through his entire run cancel animation before I can do anything else

Fenixy

Noob
It's probably because you canceling it with dash and not with run. It's f3,4[charge], F,F+BLK and then immidietly f 2,4.

onemic

Noob
It's probably because you canceling it with dash and not with run. It's f3,4[charge], F,F+BLK and then immidietly f 2,4.
wow, that was exactly it. It's easy as pie now lol. Thanks for stopping me from pulling my hair out man

I was wondering why people were saying every cancel burns half your stamina when it was only burning a sixth of mine lmao

Scrafted

Noob
F2, 3, d1, 4xxSpecial works midscreen (only tested as stunt double) but the d1 to 4 link is a bit challenging and I think it only works on males.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
'Ey, Johnnies. I'm about to learn your main, but I'm too lazy to come up with combos.
Would you be so kind as to list me your most damaging and/or reliable meterless and 1 bar BnB's?

That'd be greeeeat.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
'Ey, Johnnies. I'm about to learn your main, but I'm too lazy to come up with combos.
Would you be so kind as to list me your most damaging and/or reliable meterless and 1 bar BnB's?

That'd be greeeeat.
There's plenty here, just look through the pages

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
For A-List my Current optimial Combos are
1) 12(1)/f3(4) RC(this part is only if you land them, they dont realy do anything to your damage) f24 12 rc 12 f3 NP, If you wanna spend the meter then you can do f3 np follow up
in the corner I have
1)f24 12 12 12 12 4 ex np, 12 np for 39%

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Anyone else figured this out? I'm feeling really special right now

(A-List)

F 3 4 xx Run xx 1 1 3 xx EX Nut Punch

That's a 6 hit starter for 22%, still wanna figure out how i can max out the damage after the launch.

Zato1984

Noob
Hi guys, need some help.
Can anyone tell me the best (so far) midscreen combo with no meter? (handicuff)

Does he has a low starter combo or is just F2 (overhead)?

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Help please: I keep fighting Lou Kang's and he has one really long string that they end with the flying kick (sometimes ex) and I can't seem to find a punish for it, everytime I try something (even JC's super awesome uppercut) I eat more pressure. Any tips? Also what is his quickest punish into nut for future reference?