What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage I'd frame that: Johnny Cage BnB thread

User

#Yousuck
There wasn't one of these yet so I decided to make one

These are the ones I came up with: Meterless, Fisticuffs Variation

Midscreen: forward 24, down 1, forward 24 into nut punch. 23%

Corner: Forward 24, down 1, nj 1, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11 into nut punch, 30%

For either one of these, you can replace the nut punch with the power up mode in fisticuffs to set up for loads of chip damage

Last edited:
good topic. My initial impression is he isnt going to be the beast he was in mk9, With fist bump up in fisticuffs, his chip is nuts though and enhanced forceball is still +5 on block

So apparently if you take out the neutral jumping punch you get more damage, and made a video just to be all helpful like.

Really solid combo, I focused all of my attention on fisticuffs, but apparently stunt double has a lot of perks 48% with one meter?! Thats great!

posted this in the wrong thread..

Corner combo

Simular to mk9 corner 32% 1, 1, 3, xx ex nut punch , 12, 12, 12 , f3 xx nut punch

Another way of doing it is f2, 4 delay ex nut punch, 12, 12, 12, f3 xx nut punch

Working on some mid screen combos but yeah johnny definitely isn't a pressure beast like he use to be. Also am I the only person that was thrown off by his b4 changing to f4? also nut punch change? lol

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Meterless combo Off of f+4

F+4[run]>1,1>f+2,4 xx b,f+4 21% carries from start round position to corner

NerOo007

Noob
Meterless combo Off of f+4

F+4[run]>1,1>f+2,4 xx b,f+4 21% carries from start round position to corner
In my combo video i show combo from that starter. F4 f24 d1 f24 nut punch 27%, also u can use bf4 like u saying in u need get other player to the corner, but still my combo does more dmg 26% with that bf4 and u dont waste stamina for that.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
In my combo video i show combo from that starter. F4 f24 d1 f24 nut punch 27%, also u can use bf4 like u saying in u need get other player to the corner, but still my combo does more dmg 26% with that bf4 and u dont waste stamina for that.
So the thing with that combo is that from max range f+4 the second 2,4 drops at the 4 on females and on males it's pretty inconsistent from max range (maybe stance dependant have to recheck for that) So I'd say yours would be good for like a meaty backlash punish mine would be if your using f+4 as a spacing tool/whiff punisher

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
My meterless BNB in A-List:
Ji2, F4, F24, D1, F3, Nut Punch (24 or 28% I think)

1-Bar BNB:
Ji2, F4, F24, D1, F3, EX Nut Punch, 11, Run Cancel, 1+3 (34-36%)

Though the F24 is obviously more convenient as it's an overhead but F4 can be a good anti-air or whiff punish to start these combos.

After playing with fisticuffs all night i think thats my preferred variation. Fist bump chip buff applies to johnnys projectile and this time its actually pretty decent. It doubles his chip. He also seems to build meter quick and can put good pressure on with enhanced forceballs

I just think fist bump should last the whole round

Fenixy

Noob
A-list:
i20 punisher aka teleports: b34, [Shadow Kick Charge],Run Cancel, f24, d1, f3, Nut Punch (25%). Or with Ex Nut Punch, 11, run cancel, f3, Nut Punch for 34%

Wiff punisher: f34[charge], run cancel, f24...etc

Jab punisher(i8): 1,2,1[charge], run cancel, f24...etc

Nut Punch can be charged in combos for aditional few frames(not full) to increas damage by 2%, but timing is strict.Also regular Nut Punch(if not charged) will wiffs on Goro (Oh...the Irony).

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Slight optimization on universal meterless/staminaless midscreen: f24 11 11 f3~nutpunch 25%

EDIT: I hold forward during the whole combo to allow cage to step forward in the small window between 11s

EDIT 2: f24 11 f24 d1~nutpunch 26% movin' on up

Last edited:

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
So everyone says he's lost his pressure, how bad exactly? Are his frame traps gone? Slower normals?
well f3 is negative, so hes nothing like before which is what everyone is probably talk about. His pressure is just different. He relies more on conditioning and using a-list run cancels for pressure. The main thing i see being a problem currently is that after 1-2 run cancels hes out of stamina then his options kinda go away