What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage I'd frame that: Johnny Cage BnB thread

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Hi guys, need some help.
Can anyone tell me the best (so far) midscreen combo with no meter? (handicuff)

Does he has a low starter combo or is just F2 (overhead)?
He doesn't have a low starter, he has a good low hit D4 and a sweep B4 but that's it. You can 1-1-3-nut. Those are his only low options. If his frame data is to be believed his D1 is very good. I tend to 1-1-3-nut to get them to expect it, then D1, D4 endlessly until they block low then straight into F2-4-D1-F3-nut and start over haha

rafaw

#YouSuck
It's a little tough to get the nutpunch restand. Gotta be quick with the 3,3,3 string.. Enjoy :3
I can imagine that now cause ive been trying to use 114xxnp as a finisher, and its really inconsistent, will master it when i got back from work!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
please don't even bother posting enders that are not nut punch. Also stop posting random combos.

As far as I'm concerned these are his midscreen BnBs currently. These are simple, easy, and work on all characters.

MidScreen:
F4, 1, f3 nut
F4, f4, f3 nut
f24, d1, f3 nut
f24, d1, f24 nut

MidScreen with 2 Shadows
F24, d1, f3upshadow xx, f3upshadow xx, f3 nut

Midscreen with one bar

ExNut, 12, f3 nut (could be improved)
F24, d1, f3exNut, 12, f3 nut

Midscreen with two bars

TBA

Midscreen with three bars

TBA

I find Xray to be useless atm, rarely ever have the meter for it anyway. Will post what I use when I find a use for it

I have corner combos but I don't think they are optimized well enough yet.

No Shadows, No Meter

F24,d1, 12, 12, 12, 12, 144 nut

No Shadows, 1 bar

f24, d1exnut, njp, 12 12 12 114 nut

With Shadows, no meter

F24 exfb, d1, 4 upshadow, 4 upshadow, 12, 333 nut @Awesomo

Upshadow, Upshadow, forceball (unbreakable 19%)

With Shadows, One Bar

F24 exfb, d1, 4 upshadow, 4 upshadow, 12, 333 exnut, f3 nut @Awesomo

Upshadow, Upshadow, Ex Forceballs (26%)

With Shadows Two Bars

ExUpshadow, Upshadow, EXfb (unbreakable 29%)

With Shadows, Three Bars

UpShadow, Upshadow, Xray (unbreakable 44%)

@AoK Ryan
@RM AtK!
@RiBBz22

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
please don't even bother posting enders that are not nut punch. Also stop posting random combos.

As far as I'm concerned these are his midscreen BnBs currently. These are simple, easy, and work on all characters.

MidScreen:
F4, 1, f3 nut
F4, f4, f3 nut
f24, d1, f3 nut
f24, d2, f24 nut

MidScreen with 2 Shadows
F24, d1, f3upshadow xx, f3upshadow xx, f3 nut

Midscreen with one bar

ExNut, 12, f3 nut (could be improved)
F24, d1, f3exNut, 12, f3 nut

Xray is useless, rarely ever have the meter for it anyway.

I have corner combos but I don't think they are optimized well enough yet.

No Shadows, No Meter

F24,d1, 12, 12, 12, 12, 144 nut

No Shadows, 1 bar

f24, d1exnut, njp, 12 12 12 114 nut

With Shadows, no meter

F24, 21 upshadow, 333 upshadow, f24 nut

With Shadows, One Bar

F24 exfb, 21 upshadow, 333 upshadow, f24 nut

With Shadows Two Bars

f24 exfb, 21 upshadow, 21 upshadow, f24 exnut, b3 nut.
ive deemed A list to be as of now probably the only really viable variation.. stunt has some nice dmg but you have no way of effective pressuring so unless you want to stay zoning i suggest everyone try to get used to a list for now and pray for something tight that we havent found yet or for elder gods (paulo) to bless us with sonya buffs rofl jk

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
ive deemed A list to be as of now probably the only really viable variation.. stunt has some nice dmg but you have no way of effective pressuring so unless you want to stay zoning i suggest everyone try to get used to a list for now and pray for something tight that we havent found yet or for elder gods (paulo) to bless us with sonya buffs rofl jk
I've been winning lots with stunt double, use shadows for pressure tools! Remember your counter pokes! Learn to hitconfirm f3 into nutpunch! A list is whacky and the pressure feels worse than Stryker gun cancels

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I've been winning lots with stunt double, use shadows for pressure tools! Remember your counter pokes! Learn to hitconfirm f3 into nutpunch! A list is whacky and the pressure feels worse than Stryker gun cancels
nah i got it down pretty good.. and the poking isnt like mk9 bruh. this games pretty mashy atm for some ppl.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I dont agree with this, I feel like A-list has very legit pressure that takes full of advantage of people standing (standing 4 xx Shadow Kick ~ RC is +14-+15) f4 f24 d1 f3(my a-list bnb off f4 or a f3~RC) is really easy to do and gets really good damage. Those with some tighter execution playing fisticuffs or stunt double can do f24 d1 f24 d1 f3xxNut punch (if i remember correctly it does 28% no meter) as for your corner combo with full mimics you can do f24 d1 4 upclone 4 upclone 12 333 ex nut punch f3 nut punch for 50%

Is our situation really so bleak that we need buffs to make our character more viable? Is it so evident that Johnny is not capable to go toe to toe with the (as of now) higher-tiered characters such as D'vorah, Kung Jin, and Sub-Zero?

FYI, this is not a rhetorical question, I'm sincerely asking this question.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Is our situation really so bleak that we need buffs to make our character more viable? Is it so evident that Johnny is not capable to go toe to toe with the (as of now) higher-tiered characters such as D'vorah, Kung Jin, and Sub-Zero?

FYI, this is not a rhetorical question, I'm sincerely asking this question.
its too early to tell i mean i think everyone in the game is pretty good. but there will always be a low tier in every game. and i havent found anything yet that really changes things once ppl learn the mu and learn they can fuzzy 113 easily without falling for overhead gimmicks the matches get pretty tough to open ppl up. but like i said its early so ima keep on grinding and trying to produce something for my fellow cagers.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Okay guys, I'm officially dropping Cage :( Fisticuffs is the only variation I was interested in and he simply doesn't have the tools or mix ups that so many of the other characters have. I'm tired of being spammed out especially without dash block, and once you know his overhead string he really doesn't have anything to mix up with and even if you get a nutshot its not a free jump in with block string how it used to be. So my question to you guys is who should I switch to? I'm wondering who has the most mix ups and tools. Sonya looks like she has freaking everything and KL and Cassie are looking strong too, any suggestions?

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Okay guys, I'm officially dropping Cage :( Fisticuffs is the only variation I was interested in and he simply doesn't have the tools or mix ups that so many of the other characters have. I'm tired of being spammed out especially without dash block, and once you know his overhead string he really doesn't have anything to mix up with and even if you get a nutshot its not a free jump in with block string how it used to be. So my question to you guys is who should I switch to? I'm wondering who has the most mix ups and tools. Sonya looks like she has freaking everything and KL and Cassie are looking strong too, any suggestions?
Play A-List Johnny? He has everything fisticuffs johnny has and more, run cancelling forward 3 4 on block leads to a tricky mix up, you can go for a f 2 4 or a 1 1 3 or even a throw.

If you're looking to drop him though, i definatley wouldn't go cassie, her offensive game is even more technical than johnny's from what I've played with. Don't know much about sonya.

Try out Grandmaster sub zero if you want easy wins, everyone's saying he's shaping up to be among the best in the game.

I just posted a stunt double guide. Check out the bottom for my BnB list. I think most of my corner combo's are near optimal, but I don't have much written down yet for midscreen.

I'm a newbie of fighting games and I'm having hard time doing combos.
I cannot link F24 after D1 in the string F24,D1,F24
I also cannot link F3 after F24
Is there any tips for a newbie like me?

I'm a newbie of fighting games and I'm having hard time doing combos.
I cannot link F24 after D1 in the string F24,D1,F24
I also cannot link F3 after F24
Is there any tips for a newbie like me?
Keep your inputs clean, try not to repeatedly click buttons in an attempt to mash it out. Just practice offline, and if you can't land the second F24, then try F24 D1 F3 Nut Punch. Its good beginner stuff for getting a feel for his timing. Remember to buffer in Nut Punch right after you input F3.

Last edited:
Here are the best corner combos for stunt double I could find. The first one works in A-list as well if I'm not mistaken. You almost always want to end in nut punch, but if your mimic cooldown has reset and want to get back to two stocks you can use the alternate combos I listed. The basic principle behind those is that you don't need to leave the minimum height requirement for nut punch at the end, so you can squeeze in an extra jab or two before the 114 string to get better damage then if you would've just done the normal combo and left out nut punch.

CDB1 = Clone DB1

For NJ1 do it as late as possible for best results.

F24 D1 F4 D1 12 12 12 114 BD3 35%

F24 D1 F4 12 12 12 12 114 Mimic 33%

113 EXBD3 1 NJ1 F4 12 12 12 114 BD3 35% (1 meter)

113 EXBD3 1 NJ1 F4 1 12 12 12 114 Mimic 34% (1 meter)

F24 D1 4 CDB1 F4 1 12 12 114 BD3 42% (1 Clone)

F24 D1 4 CDB1 F4 12 12 12 114 Mimic 40% (1 Clone)

113 CDB1 F4 F4 F4 12 12 11 114 BD3 41% (1 clone)

113 CDB1 F4 F4 F4 12 12 12 114 Mimic 39% (1 clone)

F24 D1 4 CDB1 NJ1 11 11 114 EXBD3 114 Mimic 43% (1 clone, 1 meter)

F24 EXDB2 21 CDB1 NJ1 1 12 114 BD3 47% (1 clone, 1 meter)

F24 EXDB2 21 CDB1 NJ1 12 12 114 Mimic 45% (1 clone, 1 meter)

F24 D1 4 CDB1 4 CDB1 NJ1 1 12 114 BD3 47% (2 clones)

F24 D1 4 CDB1 4 CDB1 NJ1 1 12 114 Mimic 44% (2 clones)

113 CDB1 F4 F4 4 CDB1 NJ1 1 11 114 BD3 44% (2 clones)

113 CDB1 F4 F4 4 CDB1 NJ1 11 11 114 Mimic 42% (2 clones)

F24 EXDB2 21 CDB1 4 CDB1 NJ1 113 BD3 52% (2 clones, 1 meter)

F24 EXDB2 21 CDB1 4 CDB1 NJ1 11 113 Mimic 50% (2 clones, 1 meter)