What's new

Combo List - Johnny Cage I'd frame that: Johnny Cage BnB thread

does it work/make sense to do F24 CDB1 then something into EXDB2? feel like that's an easier/safer confirm.

these are all super dope tho and exactly what i've been looking for. thanks!
I couldn't find anything like that, but it may be possible. That last one I think I actually just stole from someone else, and I never got around to testing it as thoroughly as the others because I was more focused on single clone confirms. I can't get to my setup today, but you could try something like

F24 D1 4 CDB1 4 EXDB2 21 CDB1 NJ1 114 NP/Mimic. I'm pretty sure if you put the EXDB2 any further towards the end you won't be able to combo after it.

For the record though, EXDB2 can't whiff if you make them block F42 IIRC, and is 0 or +1 on block as far as I can tell from the jump test. So it's safe, but you do have to commit to the meter I guess.

Last edited:

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Play A-List Johnny? He has everything fisticuffs johnny has and more, run cancelling forward 3 4 on block leads to a tricky mix up, you can go for a f 2 4 or a 1 1 3 or even a throw.

If you're looking to drop him though, i definatley wouldn't go cassie, her offensive game is even more technical than johnny's from what I've played with. Don't know much about sonya.

Try out Grandmaster sub zero if you want easy wins, everyone's saying he's shaping up to be among the best in the game.
What sort of cancels are you trying? I mean like exact inputs please F3,4, FFblock, into throw? I haven't tried out A-list yet so I don't know how the cancel stuff works

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
Alright, I am giving up on Fisticuffs since it doesn't give him anything useful. Fist Bump cant be activated safely without ending a combo with B2 losing like 10% and the nutpunch reset. The B121(etc) isn't even a true block-string. But these were the corner combos I have been using encase anyone had any interest.

F24, d1, 12, 12, 12, 12, B12-12-12-12 xx BD3 35%
F24, d1, NJ1, 12, 12, 12, B12-12-12-12-12 xx BD3 36%
F4, F4, 12, 12, 12, 12, B12-12-12-12 xx BD3 34%
113 xx EnBD3 F4, 12, 12, 12, 12, B12-12-12-12 xx BD3 36%

I really hope they give this variation something...

Last edited:
Wait, EX DB1 is 0/+1?

It looked pretty unsafe to me but I never tested it.

in my sesh last night i was spamming it pretty hard to test it on block

if i tried to do anything after i would get hit, but as long as i held block right after the first hit i was always okay.

this could be chalked up to unfamiliarity with punishes.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Guess I gotta abuse it more, considering it does gdlk chip and you can do stuff like 333 xx ex DB1 for near 10% guaranteed chip off a nutcracker.

Guess I gotta abuse it more, considering it does gdlk chip and you can do stuff like 333 xx ex DB1 for near 10% guaranteed chip off a nutcracker.

When I do the jump test it looks to be even at least. Try it out and see for yourselves. I'm only talking about stunt double though, no idea about the other variations.

For the test though, you have to record Johnny doing a string into the fireball and then holding up, and manually block the second fireball and jump test it. If you set cup to block and jump, they get hit by the second fireball because there is a gap.

Fergus

Wait, I'm talking about the DP into overhead move EX DB1.

Stunt Double fireball is DB2 isn't it?

And yeah, I always test stuff on myself, can never trust CPU options.

ex clone db1 is one of the best moves in the game that i've seen so far, imo
Yeah it's a free 50/50 or unblockable setup.

For the UB if you do sweep you get 7% plus chip and a knockdown if they stand block, and 12% plus chip if they low block. There's a post sweep timing where 11 will whiff the first hit, and hit meaty with the second hit even though it normally whiffs on crouchers. Then you can do hi/low/throw mixup. It's swag.

There's also a 1 frame gap between hits, so if you have awesome timing and want to be a dick you can throw them the frame before the second hit of the clone connects.

What sort of cancels are you trying? I mean like exact inputs please F3,4, FFblock, into throw? I haven't tried out A-list yet so I don't know how the cancel stuff works
Hey, man. I remember you from CDjr's stream.

What you wanna do is F3 then hold 4, as you're holding 4, you run then cancel your run with a move of your liking. You have to do this fairly quickly to link the F3 with another string. you can cancel into another F3(4) run cancel if you like then F24 d1 (or 12) f3 np. then do it all over again.

Fergus

That meaty 11 might actually be really useful if you have a clone stocked, you can do 113 xx clone DB1 for a safe combo off a low or 11 into F24 although I'm a bit worried that it might be fuzzy guardable.

They really should make his 11 jail on block normally, would be such a good buff.

That meaty 11 might actually be really useful if you have a clone stocked, you can do 113 xx clone DB1 for a safe combo off a low or 11 into F24 although I'm a bit worried that it might be fuzzy guardable.

They really should make his 11 jail on block normally, would be such a good buff.

It is definitely fuzzy able, but most 50/50s in this game are to be honest. Mix in 11 throw, 1 F24, 1 throw, or 11 sweep to rattle their defense and punish auto fuzzy blocking.

Fergus

Yeah :(

It'd also be gdlk if his D4 combo'ed into clone DB1 as well. Looks like you gotta be creative with Johnny to mess people's defenses up. At least we have 113 xx clone DB1 as an option.

Stunt Double is so damn good.

I don't know if this was already said but when you use a list and you use a shadow kick or a flip kick, if you double tap 4 it will come a lot quicker for some reason

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
you gotta run cancel the charge moves like an FADC in the street fighter series.

in Forward 3 4, the 4 winds up, you can dash cancel it while the opponent is still in hitstun and smack them with a different normal that is better for starting long combos, as the only thing forward 3 4 can do without canceling is juggle into shadow kick i believe.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Sry if the combo has already been shown
but this one is the one i use
(stuntdouble)
activate (sd) jip, f24 , d1, f3 xx db1 , run f3 xx db1 , run f3 nutcracker

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
Sorry if any have been posted before.

A List:

Corner No meter:

F23, D1, F4, D1, F3 xx Nuts