What's new

I Sense Your Dread- Scarecrow Match Up Discussion

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Here's my MU chart, go tell me how wrong I am.

Scarecrow vs opponent

Aquaman: 5-5
Atrocitus: 5-5
Bane: 6-4
Batman: 4-6
Black Adam: 5-5
Black Canary: 6-4
Blue Beetle: 5-5
Braniac: 6-4
Captain Cold: 5-5
Catwoman: 4-6
Cheetah: 6-4
Cyborg: 6-4
Darkseid: 4-6
Deadshot: 4-6
Dr. Fate: 5-5
Firestorm: 6-4
Flash: 6-4
Grodd: 6-4
Green Arrow: 4-6
Green Lantern: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
Poison Ivy: 5-5
Red Hood: 4-6
Robin: 5-5
Supergirl: 5-5
Superman: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Swamp Thing: 6-4

Winning: 11

Even: 12

Losing: 6
I can agree with this, except Id say Batman is closer to 3-7 and Id say Black adam is in our favour.

Against it? A d1 usually works. Standing 1 begins high so it loses to any low poke. Since it's also 8 frames it's not even guaranteed after MB Db2.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I was going to make this it's own thread but I think it fits better here. I labbed Scarecrow vs. Everybody's wakeup in the corner and made a spreadsheet on what to do to beat them all. Some are as simple as blocking, but when the opponent can meterburn it to make it safe or plus blocking isn't the best option. Obviously all of these are on a read, but so is reading the wakeup and doing nothing but blocking and having it be their turn because they spent the bar. At least with these if they wake up, you get damage. If you see anything wrong or something that could be better, please let me know and I'll adjust it. Thanks!

Edit: I tried to lab things that could beat both options if a character had more than one invincible (or typical) wake up. Those things are in bold.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K8npCj8JhPeygvBLT3myaGdUMWTzV1DFYDq2-buUjzw/edit?usp=sharing

Any help with Superman? I know cros has options but i just suck ass vs superman in general lol. I just get bodybagged by f23 the whole game.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@Chongo as a CatWoman player who's not completely aware on the match up, I feel like it's even but in saying that I'm not really sure how to fight this mofo I always get bodied.
His wake ups are really annoying, even neutral jumping I get clipped out of the air pretty often by them, and his half screen meterburn b3/f3 are frustrating to deal with.
Just curious how it's in his favour?

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
I was going to make this it's own thread but I think it fits better here. I labbed Scarecrow vs. Everybody's wakeup in the corner and made a spreadsheet on what to do to beat them all. Some are as simple as blocking, but when the opponent can meterburn it to make it safe or plus blocking isn't the best option. Obviously all of these are on a read, but so is reading the wakeup and doing nothing but blocking and having it be their turn because they spent the bar. At least with these if they wake up, you get damage. If you see anything wrong or something that could be better, please let me know and I'll adjust it. Thanks!

Edit: I tried to lab things that could beat both options if a character had more than one invincible (or typical) wake up. Those things are in bold.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K8npCj8JhPeygvBLT3myaGdUMWTzV1DFYDq2-buUjzw/edit?usp=sharing
To add to this: you're better off using d2xxdb3 against supergirl since it's safe-ish. The cancel still comes out if d2 whiffs during rising strike's invincibility and you can convert since she's high up

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
@Chongo as a CatWoman player who's not completely aware on the match up, I feel like it's even but in saying that I'm not really sure how to fight this mofo I always get bodied.
His wake ups are really annoying, even neutral jumping I get clipped out of the air pretty often by them, and his half screen meterburn b3/f3 are frustrating to deal with.
Just curious how it's in his favour?
I think Catwoman 100% wins this mu for a lot of reasons:

Her b3 beats pretty much every single normal crow has. I'm aware that that's a problem for most of the cast and not a scarecrow specific thing, but still it makes it very hard to contest in the neutral. It goes under f2, which is my main spacing tool. It goes under 2 and hits between the hits if I do 22, it goes under 1, and it even goes over my d1.

Another thing that crow struggles with is her backdash. A weakness of crow overall is backdashes, as they are the key to getting out of his pressure. As a crow player I have 3 options to check backdashes if I mad the read, which is a j2/3, a 22 (second 2 catches backdashes) and a f1. Both the f1 and the jumpins whiff because of her low hitbox/distance it covers, and 22 whiffs a lot too. The only consistent punish I have is to make a super ballsy read and forward dash, but ggs if I make the wrong read.

Her j2 is just a better version of his because while they both have an outstretched hitbox, his is straight forward while hers spikes diagonally. It just makes it easier for him to get anti aired (her low hitbox d2 does a great job) and harder for him to anti air her. Though crow d2 is a really good tool for anti airing her, I actually have a chance to do it lol

Speaking of her d2, somehow it low profiles my d1. Which means that if I try one of the very few meterless frames traps ( 123 into d1) she can blow that up with a full combo. That gives her an option that no one else can do, besides maybe the flash.

It's not like a super unwinnable mu, it just sucks because I have to work a whole lot more then the Catwoman does

With his wakeups, you could do a cross up j1, a super spaced out j2, or just try and bait it out by just walking out of the range it hits and whiff punishing it.

If you think he's going to mbb3 you, mash out a string. Catwoman has a lot of fast multi hitting strings, and crows armor is super slow. I play against a very good Catwoman and mbb3s get consistently beat out

I've been experimenting with Scarecrow's options against certain setups/strings in the game to see what the best solution offensively is for them. Others are free to chime in.

F23 xx Breath F23 will lose to D1 & 11.

F23 xx Breath Step Back F23 will whiff punish D1 but lose to B22 and 11 still (Sometimes helps to micro step forward and use 11.

F23 xx Breath Long Step back F23 won't get counter hit, but 11 recovers in time for you to block in some cases.

The 11 will also whiff punish his D1 if Superman attempts to step back and poke under your string.

Not foolproof and still takes a read on the part of both players. As I mentioned, still looking into it.

Last edited:

jmt

Noob
@BxA Ragnarök what do you do against Wonder Woman? Shield toss keeps you locked down. If you jump and try to do a j2 or j3 her d2 or shield toss wins. Instant air shield for her works good too. If you finally get her to the corner she can mb roll out. Don't see how it's 5-5.

@BxA Ragnarök what do you do against Wonder Woman? Shield toss keeps you locked down. If you jump and try to do a j2 or j3 her d2 or shield toss wins. Instant air shield for her works good too. If you finally get her to the corner she can mb roll out. Don't see how it's 5-5.

In the end I just turtle and gradually move in and pick my spot from there.

Reactions: jmt

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I seriously don't see what the big issue with wowo is. I think it's 5-5. I also have been playing arrow a lot more and I think that's a 5-5 too. Just because you have to play patient in some matchups doesn't make it a bad one

Something I found is that vs Harley is that since your mb fear ferno eats her trait you can actually punish her for calling trait from certain ranges. Also really good if she goes for a trait summon on your wake up to pressure us since it will eat it and hit her if she jumps in after the trait call as well.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Anyone else having issues against high level joker gameplay? Not sure if a bad MU or just my inexperience with it.

How do you guys deal with the Cold matchup? I haven't fought many good Colds but it seems pretty tough. Glacier Grenade really seems to hinder us, especially since Crows backdash is pretty bad.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
How do you guys deal with the Cold matchup? I haven't fought many good Colds but it seems pretty tough. Glacier Grenade really seems to hinder us, especially since Crows backdash is pretty bad.
Ideally, don't let him build trait and put you in that loop of grenade and trait build. If he's turtling that hard, meter build with gas blast or command grab. He has no way to chip you full screen if he's using the grenade defensively and you'll win the meter build or prevent another grenade if he throws projectiles instead.
As for puddle, f3 like it's going out of style. Even if they're all blocked, it slows the build and does some chip. He's not going to approach - but if he does, d1 and d2 beat his options.
It's not as bad as you think, especially because his meter build is really, really bad outside of combos. That means pushblock is not as much of a problem. Watch for puddle and otherwise go ham knowing that his neutral options are very limited.