What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

not exactly, there's no uppercut involved. b121 by itself makes dan forden pop up. while i was trying to figure out inputs, i tried kabal and got dan forden more times with b121 (i think like 6 times or something) than i did with any other character using nothing but uppercuts. it's just weird lol
Oh ok so it's just Dan Forden coming out but not a Toasty Boost, which is different.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So seeing the video and the list from Check... Liu's is ffd2

Kitana obviously is dashing forward then does a jump back kick so there a couple possibilities:

ffb3/4
ffu3/4

All this needless talk about how to get toasty boost lol dont u guys know all u have to do is put the kombat kode in 4 it, and it will be activated??? Lol silly rabbits

the 009 900 one? i thought that didn't do anything
neatherrealms patched the game to where its only activated through putting that code in now, before it was set to where it was just random whether it be in ladder or versus, guess they didnt want it involved in competitive play sooo ever since then its been set to kombat code, you are looking at april 2011 videos this is waay back before the series of patches were made, this was changed but it was a silent patch..

neatherrealms patched the game to where its only activated through putting that code in now, before it was set to where it was just random whether it be in ladder or versus, guess they didnt want it involved in competitive play sooo ever since then its been set to kombat code, you are looking at april 2011 videos this is waay back before the series of patches were made, this was changed but it was a silent patch..
no they didn't, toasty can be activated with character-specific inputs without using the 009-900 (which i had no idea did anything) kode lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
untrue,
i got a toasty boost not even two weeks ago and that code was not used on the console all day

Seapeople

This one's for you
So the big question is on what version of the game did TonyT land the toasty boost? And if it was on the current patch, did he use the 009 900 code?
I'd also ask the same questions to 1man3letters because I remember him saying that he landed a toasty boost.

^Edit: He already replied to the thread lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So the big question is on what version of the game did TonyT land the toasty boost? And if it was on the current patch, did he use the 009 900 code?
I'd also ask the same questions to 1man3letters because I remember him saying that he landed a toasty boost.
current ps3 version,no 009 900 code & with quan chi

Just landed Scorpions toasty boost. And recorded it.

pretty sure i did ffd2. was instant activation. you will see.

this was also my first toasty boost ever performed :) i saw the update on the thread here and it inspired me to try it out.

thanks all. this made my day.

will post link in 5 minutes

Scorpion Toasty Boost

Was either

-bb1 (i pressed down but got input bug)
-bbd1
-ffd 1

i would say it was bb1. the only reason i said ffd1 was because i don't know which way it registered my back input. i pressed right on the dpad and was on the right side, so that would be back.

the down part, i definitely pressed down after back back, but it didn't register the down. i would say it is bb1 for sure, and if not, then definitely bbd1

so there ya go :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist

^Edit: He already replied to the thread lol
first ive heard of this code. what exactly does it do? My friend has landed kratos toasty boost atleast 3 times on the current patch of the game.

Scorpion Toasty Boost

Was either

-bb1 (i pressed down but got input bug)
-bbd1
-ffd 1

i would say it was bb1. the only reason i said ffd1 was because i don't know which way it registered my back input. i pressed right on the dpad and was on the right side, so that would be back.

the down part, i definitely pressed down after back back, but it didn't register the down. i would say it is bb1 for sure, and if not, then definitely bbd1

so there ya go :)
It may actually be more involved than that. i watched this and was freeze-framing to see when dan came out. you uppercutted the other scorp after he was on screen, so boost may actually start with d2 or even the dash before then. ffd2bb1 (though it may also be just bb1 or bbd1). looks like he crouched a little so you may have just gotten the input bug on d1 and it actually read the d1. this f**cking game's input bug means it needs to be confirmed at least 3 times to be reliable.

I tried KL's low hat but no luck. I did it about 20 frames later then the Scorpion one, so i might've done it too late. Does anyone know how long it stays active?

It may actually be more involved than that. i watched this and was freeze-framing to see when dan came out. you uppercutted the other scorp after he was on screen, so boost may actually start with d2 or even the dash before then. ffd2bb1 (though it may also be just bb1 or bbd1). looks like he crouched a little so you may have just gotten the input bug on d1 and it actually read the d1. this f**cking game's input bug means it needs to be confirmed at least 3 times to be reliable.

Very good post. It remains to be seen, but hopefully i've helped. Just glad to have finally landed the Scorpion Toasty Boost. I started working on it after i finished my video with Tony T (DEATH IS CERTAIN).

nice uppercut infinte check :D
Thanks man.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
honestly i probably wouldn't play with toasty boost even if i knew how to do it...2 characters in particular are the reason i don't care much for it....lol

btw Check , did u check the PM conversation i sent you? o:

by the way, remember people that there's no such thing as true random in programming, only something that simulates randomness (like doing a specific command during a specific point on the system's clock with a specific character and shuffling it constantly by the frame). the trick, if you really want to test it, is to find dan once with the character you want to test and reset your system to the EXACT conditions you did it in. of course the precision on this is nearly unreplicable because it likely has to be to the frame to have any certainty and if they have even remotely decent programmers they also tied in 2 or 3 more factors such as characters present and position on the screen or which launcher used or any number of other factors.