What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
ok ive gave it a go last night and it looks as though it does'nt work. my theory is that toasty wont pop up if you have full life bars. (the hack keeps your life bars full) I must have done over a 1000 uppercuts and not a single toasty. So sorry guys but its a no go..
Were you using any Kombat Kodes? What stage were you on? I've seen an unnatural number of toastys appear on the pit (night).

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I will give you my first born baby if you discover the toasty boost inputs for anybody on the roster.

Seapeople

This one's for you
ok ive gave it a go last night and it looks as though it does'nt work. my theory is that toasty wont pop up if you have full life bars. (the hack keeps your life bars full) I must have done over a 1000 uppercuts and not a single toasty. So sorry guys but its a no go..
I tried to test this a few months ago without any hacks. I changed the game setting to play best of 5 rounds, infinite timer...I'm guessing it might need to be on default settings.

I had to have done at least 1000 uppercuts too lol. That really wears you out.

Give this a try. Play the ladder on beginner and just jp uppercut. I always get one toasty per ladder sometimes two. Only problem is I am always caught off guard and freeze up when it comes time to put in the inputs.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Give this a try. Play the ladder on beginner and just jp uppercut. I always get one toasty per ladder sometimes two. Only problem is I am always caught off guard and freeze up when it comes time to put in the inputs.
ill try that too.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
nightwolf is ff4 (shoulder charge) this is confirmed by me
sektor is bf2/quarter circle 2 or just rotate counter clockwise and mash 2

nightwolf is ff4 (shoulder charge) this is confirmed by me
sektor is bf2/quarter circle 2 or just rotate counter clockwise and mash 2
Are you sure nightwolf isn't f,f,f4?

How would toasty boost be handled in a tournament game? Imagine cyrax/smoke getting it and winning the game from a reset.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Is there an interview anywhere with ed boon where he talks about the toasty boost?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
in a heated match tho, if your focused on your opponent and trying to win, i doubt your gonna be able to get the toasty boost in time.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Are you sure nightwolf isn't f,f,f4?

How would toasty boost be handled in a tournament game? Imagine cyrax/smoke getting it and winning the game from a reset.
Yeah I'm %100 positive its ff4 ive been playing nightwolf online alot and discovered this by accident on wakeup shoulder charge. Toasty boost has a window of 3 seconds to execute btw

I'm about 100% sure toasty is completely random. I've done several tests and watched several videos and there just doesn't seem to be a consistent way to get Dan Forden to pop up. All the videos I've checked that showcase toasty have the opponent with full meter and few health remaining. The only time I was able to get toasty was when I had JC v SZ on rooftop day in versus mode, dashed in uppercut, then dashed in uppercut again. Got the toasty for the second uppercut. Tried to replicate this scenario and nothing happened.

NariTuba

disMember
My friend got it with Kitana during a real match not long ago. He mashed so he doesnt know what the buttons were. It was the first and only time I saw it.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Has a toasty boost every happened in tournament? Also if we find all of them, will tournament mode have to be the tournament standard or no? (if I remember right tournament mode turns off toasty boost but we also lose first hit bonus)

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Wouldn't it be nice if the inputs were special move inputs from older games? Like a nice little Easter egg

Reactions: JAP
kitana got it after the ff ff, so hers has to either have FF/+FF and 3/4 (because of the JK, but i'm only assuming, he could've gone for an uppercut or something) in it

So they don't appear to even be related to any moves in those characters move list (just a guess - I haven't looked, just based on what I know of their moves).

Is Sonya d,d,b+1+2+3+4 or d,d,b,1+2+3+4? If its the first option, we have a pattern of 2-3 movement inputs with the final input having certain buttons pressed at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
i don't think sonya's is truly 1+2+3+4, when i tried it (and was trying it, with everyone) i was pushing directional inputs and then all 4 buttons at the same time, sonya just got lucky. i got it playing my brother's jax, after i uppercutted him out of f413 like 8 million times.

i thought i knew shangs, but turns out i just got lucky mashing... i tried the soul steal motions backwards, sideways, and sideways backwards and got it randomly when i mashed the whole d-pad + 1/2/3/4.

i've gotten toasty boost with shang, sonya, and skarlet but the only ones i've replicated was sonya.. mainly because i cannot get toasty to pop up for the life of me lol. i've sat down for literally like 48 hours total so far in quick uppercut and taken turns uppercutting, different situations, all sorts of stuff but toasty is just completely 100% random, it's annoying man

if you have the hacked MK9, is it just prepackaged hacks or can you go into the game files and mod it yourself? if you can do it yourself, it's definitely possible to find dan forden in there and change his value from random to 100% (or figure out what it is that sets him off, but that'll be hard). that's probably the best shot at figuring them all out, otherwise we might be stuck on this for years lol.

or NRS can stop being assholes and give us the inputs to make up for no patch

Logic would dictate that it is completely random. If there was a way to get a toasty boost anytime you wanted, then that throws out arguably the most important aspect of the game - meter management. Just my opinion.

Logic would dictate that it is completely random. If there was a way to get a toasty boost anytime you wanted, then that throws out arguably the most important aspect of the game - meter management. Just my opinion.
it's NRS, who knows

but i do think it's 100% randomly random, there's literally no way to replicate that shit lol. the only factor i see stays the same is that the opponent gets launched, and for some reason it works with kabal's b121 but not with other launchers, and that doesn't help at all.

it's NRS, who knows

but i do think it's 100% randomly random, there's literally no way to replicate that shit lol. the only factor i see stays the same is that the opponent gets launched, and for some reason it works with kabal's b121 but not with other launchers, and that doesn't help at all.
What do you mean exactly it works with Kabal's b121? You mean when you do b121 then uppercut the toasty boost comes out or it happened one time?

What do you mean exactly it works with Kabal's b121? You mean when you do b121 then uppercut the toasty boost comes out or it happened one time?
not exactly, there's no uppercut involved. b121 by itself makes dan forden pop up. while i was trying to figure out inputs, i tried kabal and got dan forden more times with b121 (i think like 6 times or something) than i did with any other character using nothing but uppercuts. it's just weird lol