What's new

Combo List - Goro I AM MASTER OF KOMBOS - Post Patch Goro Kombo Thread ver. 2.0

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Reposting just to put this thread on the map.

EDIT : Nevermind that shit I'm just bad. Updated master post with combo. Turns out it does exactly the same damage - 36%.

UPDATED:
* Added 2 Dragon Fangs combos, one including the f4 discovery as it is 1% more damage over d2.

ALSO I thought it would be a good idea to note down who is specialized in what variation in case someone wants to ask questions about combos. I already jotted down Espio for Tigrar Fury ('cause y'know he kinda wrote a guide on it), and I mentally tagged @Metzos for Kuatan Warrior since that seems to be what he plays.

I know we don't have much in terms of Dragon Fangs but if anyone is a good authority on that and wants to get hit up on Dragon Fangs knowledge, please do not hesitate to hit me up so I can list you in the masterpost. Thanks.

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Dragon Fangs Goro 1 meter BnB:

F3 xx EXdb2 b12u2 F3 xx dbf3 (40%)

I believe you get 39% if you substitute 21 in for F3 as the starter, and 38% off of B3.

IMO, the goal with Goro should be to find the simplest path to 35-41% damage, as everything seems to scale within that area. Often times, a more complex combo will somehow lead to less damage than a simpler one.

IMO, performing two b12u2 strings consecutively in a combo does not offer significant benefit relative to the amount of effort put in, or the risk that you will drop it. I belive a second b12u2 will only add 1% to the combo, IIRC.

The lone exception being when b12u2 is your starter, as in the b12u2 rc b12up F3 xx dbf3 (33% in Dragon Fangs) meterless BnB.

Mortal Komhat

1) You do not have to RC anymore between b12u2 - save your stamina pls.
2) I included the most damaging combo because it's the most damaging combo and is surprisingly easy to do compared to b12u2 times 3.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
2) I included the most damaging combo because it's the most damaging combo and is surprisingly easy to do compared to b12u2 times 3.
Really? I could swear I still had to run cancel in order to get consecutive b12u2's to connect, as b1 still has about the same range, but I admittedly have not played very much Goro since the patch. Dragon Fangs is my secondary behind Pumped Up Jax, but the gap between the amount of time I have put in and the amount of knowledge I have accrued between my main and my secondary is fucking gargantuan.

That said, even if it doesn't require a rc anymore, it still seems like the move whiffs from time to time, although nowhere near as much as it used to.

I believe in keeping BnB's as simple as possible, keeping the more complex, tight links I can include on the side, as an asterisk of sorts. But that would bring us to another discussion entirely. I don't think the Goro combo thread is a good place to discuss the philosophy of Combo Theory.

Mortal Komhat

Honestly I tried it out myself - I usually list both as possibilities for this and b12u2 x3 is significantly harder than db2 ex b12u2 x2 which is why I omitted it.

You can technically do b12u2 x3 without any RCs. In fact, you'll often whiff not because you're too far, but because b1 will go UNDER the dude.

I've played more Goro than I have Tremor post-patch (much to the annoyance of my scene who'd rather I play a top tier even if I get bodied) and granted most of the reason why is for this thread. :D

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
In theory you can do it midscreen but it may cause the move to whiff, plus wasting a little bit of stamina to do the combo doesnt really matter and by the time shokan grab starts or ends, the stamina will have regenerated by the then. As well as making the combo much easier to perform.

Mortal Komhat

Honestly, it's more inputs when just tapping forward works. Like, I am far more consistent with tapping than RCing. You can do it, but it's not super efficient imo.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I think I just found the highest possible damage corner combo from 3d3:

3d3, b12u2, 11, 11, b12xxSG 33%

In Kuatan you can also do:

3d3, b12u2, d2, df4xxbf4 33%

I found the second combo first, but was looking for combos that wouldn't risk losing the corner. Haven't tested the damage in DF.

Last edited:
Found some combos from these particular starters, sorry if these have been posted already or if there's better combos

notation: F214 xx flame, d1 xx EX punchwalk, F3 xx shokan grab

notation: u1, run, b12u2, 21 xx EX punchwalk, run, d3 xx shokan grab

for a different U1 aa thing, you can cancel it into stomp for oh tee geez/unbreakable dmg

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Found some combos from these particular starters, sorry if these have been posted already or if there's better combos

notation: F214 xx flame, d1 xx EX punchwalk, F3 xx shokan grab

notation: u1, run, b12u2, 21 xx EX punchwalk, run, d3 xx shokan grab

for a different U1 aa thing, you can cancel it into stomp for oh tee geez/unbreakable dmg

On the second combo why d3 and not f3xxsg?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Found some corner combos as well.

B12u2, b2, b2, f4, d1, 121 SG. Deals 36% dmg meterless. 46% dmg meterless if you use stomp after 121.

Expw, njp, b2, f4, 121 SG. Deals 35% dmg. You can pretty much use any string into expw in the corner and follow it up with what i wrote, ofc the dmg varies depending on the string you ll use before expw. 35% is off a raw expw in the corner.

Found two more nutty combos, one for Tigrar and the other for Dragon Fangs

Notation: F3 xx EN Punchwalk, wait, 21 xx Low Fang, D3, D3 xx Shokan Stabs

Notation: F3 xx EN Close Ground Fire, dash forward, B12U2, run, B12U2, 3D3 xx Shokan Grab

despite being very weird combos, they seem to do more damage than the standard corner bnb? Unless my normal corner bnb has been outdated (starter xx en punchwalk, b12u2, 4 xx shokan grab for 35%-37%)

as a side note: I feel like something can be done with EN Ground Close Fire on hit -> forward dash in the corner in terms of a setup, but I'm not quite sure what exactly.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Found two more nutty combos, one for Tigrar and the other for Dragon Fangs

Notation: F3 xx EN Punchwalk, wait, 21 xx Low Fang, D3, D3 xx Shokan Stabs

Notation: F3 xx EN Close Ground Fire, dash forward, B12U2, run, B12U2, 3D3 xx Shokan Grab

despite being very weird combos, they seem to do more damage than the standard corner bnb? Unless my normal corner bnb has been outdated (starter xx en punchwalk, b12u2, 4 xx shokan grab for 35%-37%)

as a side note: I feel like something can be done with EN Ground Close Fire on hit -> forward dash in the corner in terms of a setup, but I'm not quite sure what exactly.
Verrrrry nice man. Max damage with DF is 42% off of the same starter though.

f3xEX punchwalk, njp, f4, d1, 11, b12xxshokan grab

Last edited:

I found the second combo first, but was looking for combos that wouldn't risk losing the corner. Haven't tested the damage in DF.
df4? bf4?

i was trying this combo for like 10 minutes and couldn't get it then i realised i don't think it works in dragon fangs (i dont wanna say for certain)

Mortal Komhat

don't include JIPs unless it changes the combo's damage drastically (IE : Causes less/more scaling), if it's just +2% then yea don't bother.

I gotta go to work in a few but I'll mess around and update after.

All right, so I have a dilemma.

So you know I've been updating the combos as though you were launching using the actual move rather than the set-up. However, with @Pudding&Pie 's post there's a problem - the f3 guarantees the EX db4. Raw, it might not work depending on Goro's positioning. However, the f3 in this situation guarantees the damage.

In short : Do you want me to list the f3 for this combo or no?

Last edited:
don't include JIPs unless it changes the combo's damage drastically (IE : Causes less/more scaling), if it's just +2% then yea don't bother.

I gotta go to work in a few but I'll mess around and update after.

All right, so I have a dilemma.

So you know I've been updating the combos as though you were launching using the actual move rather than the set-up. However, with @Pudding&Pie 's post there's a problem - the f3 guarantees the EX db4. Raw, it might not work depending on Goro's positioning. However, the f3 in this situation guarantees the damage.

In short : Do you want me to list the f3 for this combo or no?
I think you should list it even if it is situational(can be done as a punish), this combo also works with other starters. I just wanted to get max damage with a single bar. it does 45% without jump in fyi

Mortal Komhat

'k, I'll list it. Been having problems actually getting it as well. I'll add a note any other will work, but f3 is guaranteed to work 100%.