What's new

Combo List - Goro I AM MASTER OF KOMBOS - Post Patch Goro Kombo Thread ver. 2.0

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I mean, I already encompass it with the additional information. If people need me to spell it out I don't mind erasing that and adding it in. It's not much work after all :D

Tigrar has a lot because low fireball and technically any spot you want to EX PW you want to EX spin in DF since it's more damage and less scaling.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I mean, I already encompass it with the additional information. If people need me to spell it out I don't mind erasing that and adding it in. It's not much work after all :D

Tigrar has a lot because low fireball and technically any spot you want to EX PW you want to EX spin in DF since it's more damage and less scaling.
Yeah, thats why i said very slight changes. Doesnt change the fact that KW has the highest damage output BECAUSE of ex gp after, pretty much, everything.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
What if you switch 121 SG with d4 chest lunge in KW? How much does that deal? Plus you have them in the corner again.
IIRC something like 37 but if you time the d2 correctly it will juggle in the corner allowing for follow up. Check this out

Keep in mind I ended in 112 in this video because this was pre-patch, prior to Goro having enough frames on SG to OTG safely

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Meterless Tigrar Fury Corner Combo(safe-ish)

3d3xxbf2 d1 11 121 dbf3 35% iirc

If they block the initial 3d3 the bf2 still comes out so you're safe,though there is a gap.
You also might be able to substitute the dbf3 for a free stomp but I haven't tested it.

Mortal Komhat

Yeah, thats why i said very slight changes. Doesnt change the fact that KW has the highest damage output BECAUSE of ex gp after, pretty much, everything.
In a sense, yea but this isn't so much to say which variation is the best more so than to have a comprehensive list of good Goro combos.

It's just that copypasting the variationless combos then tacking on ex ground pound felt redundant at the time.

Gurg

Noob
For simplicity, you could just add to the list that any KW combo ending with shokan grab (which is basically all of them in the corner) can have an additional ex ground pound tacked on for an extra 12%.

...and maybe perhaps also add that each cornered shokan grab can be replaced with a telestomp for an unscaled hard-to-avoid 10% option as well?

Just a suggestion.

Also, you mentioned earlier that (11, 121) can put in to the uppercut combo, but I'd just like to mentioned that technically (11, b12) is better because it is more likely to connect (better frame data and hitboxes for the link) and I the damage is the same (I can't find an instance where it's any differeny)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
IIRC something like 37 but if you time the d2 correctly it will juggle in the corner allowing for follow up. Check this out

Keep in mind I ended in 112 in this video because this was pre-patch, prior to Goro having enough frames on SG to OTG safely
You can go up to 40% without an uppercut in the corner. Just labbed it.

Goes like this:

F3xxexpw, b2, b2, b12u2, s4xxSG. Deals 40%.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
You can go up to 40% without an uppercut in the corner. Just labbed it.

Goes like this:

F3xxexpw, b2, b2, b12u2, s4xxSG. Deals 40%.
You could do that or you could do
f3xxexpw, b12u2, nj, d2, b12, shokan grab = 41% with otg 53% (dd4ex)

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I like the cut of your jib. I've been doing it so long without the njp that I didn't consider it, I'll have to check and see if I can do it with the njp with the same consistency.
Its good if you're going for damage and style, but its a bit harder and it throws out of corner.

Mortal Komhat

Off a raw ex punchwalk in the corner (or enhanced), to answer @chores question.

ex punchwalk, b2, b2, b12u2, 121 or f3xxSG. Deals around 34 or 35% dmg.
Thanks to what we talked about earlier in the thread, I got EX bf4, b12u2, d2, 11, b12 xx dbf3 for 36%

Funnily enough it's the same damage as the meterless variant that starts off a b12u2. Eerie.

I think after a njp, uppecut sends the opponent out of the corner. I ll have to test it as well though.
With the above, I've tested it. If you NJP, the horizontal distance they go to while being at a reasonable distance to get the most damage is minimal, so it's not worth NJPing for 1% less damage overall (with NJP you can't do 11, b12 meaning you lose out)

tomorrow morning i go through the thread. I did some updates but mostly 10% my own shit and 90% you guys discussing.

Updates :
* Added section under variationless for the stomption post shokan grab in the corner.
* Added variationless metered, corner section.
* Clarified usage of bf4 as a starter rather than f3.

Last edited:

Gurg

Noob
Foward+4 variation

In corner : f3, ex PW, njp, f4, d1, 11, b12 x SG

Pretty sure this does 41%. Also doesn't risk knocking them out of the corner. Seems pretty auto-pilot too (just do everything as fast as possible).

I normally do the uppercut corner combos, but I think I'm going to try to switch to these f4 variations. Less risk (on paper), and more damage more consistently (always getting 11, b12 after the uppercut seems difficult to do 100%).

However, if I am going for the uppercut combo, I've gotten in the habit of doing the 11, then visually confirming their height, and then doing d3 x SG if they're too low instead of b12 x SG.

Again, I don't have to do this at all if I use the f4 variation instead.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Foward+4 variation

In corner : f3, ex PW, njp, f4, d1, 11, b12 x SG

Pretty sure this does 41%. Also doesn't risk knocking them out of the corner. Seems pretty auto-pilot too (just do everything as fast as possible).

I normally do the uppercut corner combos, but I think I'm going to try to switch to these f4 variations. Less risk (on paper), and more damage more consistently (always getting 11, b12 after the uppercut seems difficult to do 100%).

However, if I am going for the uppercut combo, I've gotten in the habit of doing the 11, then visually confirming their height, and then doing d3 x SG if they're too low instead of b12 x SG.

Again, I don't have to do this at all if I use the f4 variation instead.

Yeah i m thinking of using f4 in corner combos as well, even with KW variation. The damage alone from f4 is insane.

Mortal Komhat

I'll certainly try it out, though I'm getting the hang enough of the d2 combos.

btw curating combo lists does not = skill at the game.

I got rekt at the bi-weekly.