What's new

Combo List - Goro I AM MASTER OF KOMBOS - Post Patch Goro Kombo Thread ver. 2.0

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Since the original maintainer of the first kombo thread fell off the face of TYM it falls to someone else to start a new one.

SHOKAN TREATISE ON THE ART OF KOMBO
1) List kombos with motions, not move names. (I.E. : bf4 instead of PW or Punchwalk)
2) Do not list jump in punches as kombo starters - you may list damage separately with JIP starter if you so wish.
3) Tag @Mortal Komhat if you need a kombo added to the masterposts. Also tag me if you have the power to edit other people's posts if you wish to contribute.
4) I'm reserving the next 3 posts for Variation Specific kombos/shenanigans.
5) Kombos into hard knockdown for oki situations aren't just encouraged. They're allowed.
6) If you can make a short list of reasons to use the kombo, then go right ahead and I'll include this in the posts.
7) ADDENDUM : I will list the kombos without any normals cancelled into PW. (E.G. bf4 starts instead of f3. We all know you can cancel out of f3 with PW.)

All ideal kombos to learn are bolded - Please note that these are not always the highest damaging ones. Difficulty to execute is considered due to online or high-pressure situations. Execution is not just training mode after all.

These are subject to change as we pour more time in Goro.

For more questions on specific variant stuff, you can contact the following people.
@Espio - Tigrar Fury.

VARIATIONLESS / ALL VARIATIONS

Additional Information
* All Kombos ending in dbf3 in the corner can have du tacked on for an almost guaranteed +10% damage. (Original Post)

Meterless, Mid-screen
b12u2, tap walk, b12u2, tap walk, b12u2, b12 xx dbf3 - 34%
Highest damage off b12u2, difficult online

b12u2, tap walk, b12u2, njp, f3 xx dbf3 - 33%
Second highest damage off b12u2, slightly easier than above kombo

b12u2, tap walk, b12u2, 21 xx dbf3 - 32%

Third highest damage off b12u2, simple to execute in all environments

b12u2, njp, run f3 xx dbf3 - 29% (Original Post)
Fourth highest damage off b12u2, extremely simple, run cancel optional
f3,b3,4 xx bf4 - 18% damage (f3) / 16% (b3, 4)
Highest damage off non-string normals, safe on block (good for meter build too), can confirm into high damage kombo with MB
f214 xx dbf3 - 23%
Guaranteed, HKD (2 dashes)

f214 xx du - 14% + 10%
Highest damage possible off this string, not guaranteed (can stay in place/tech roll to avoid)
NJP, tap walk, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 - 28% (Original Post)
Good damage, easy conversion

NJP, b2, run, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 - 30%
More difficult for 2% damage, difficult online, takes run meter, good corner carry due to b2

NJP, tap walk, b12u2, b12u2, d1 xx dbf3 - 31%
Highest damage, difficult in all environments
u1/u2, tap walk, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 - 28% (Original Post)
Good damage, easy conversion

u1/u2, tap walk, b12u2, b12u2, d3 xx dbf3 - 30%
Height dependent, highest damage, difficult in all environments

Meterless, Corner
b12u2, b12u2, d2, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 36% (Original Post - Updated Post)
Highest damage possible, difficult online, difficult timing, possible loss of corner on combo drop after d2
f214 xx du - 14% + 10%
Guaranteed in corner, HKD (only +8 tho)

f214, d1, b12u2, d2, d1 xx dbf3 - 32% (Original Post)
Great damage, easier execution, loss of corner

f214, b12u2, d2, b12 xx dbf3 - 33%
Highest damage possible, difficult online, difficult timing, possible loss of corner on combo drop
Keep in mind the damage here is subjective as to whether only the d3 portion hits on a crouching character.

3d3, d1, d1, d1, d1, d1, d1, d1 xx dbf3 - 27%
Highest damage possible, surprisingly difficult, swag strats

3d3, d1, b12 xx dbf3 - 25%
Good damage, simple, HKD

3d3, d1, d1, 11, 121 xx dbf3 - 24% (only d3 hitting) (Original Post)
Good damage to difficulty ratio, HKD
f4, d1, d1, d1, d1, d1, d1 xx dbf3 - 31%
Highest damage possible, surprisingly difficult, swag strats

f4, d1, b12 xx dbf3 - 30%
Almost highest damage, simple, HKD

Metered, Midscreen
bf4 MB, njp, f21 xx bf4 - 24%
OK damage, 2/3rds screen corner carry, not difficult

bf4 MB, tap walk, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 - 28%
Great damage, not difficult, easy hit confirm

Metered, Corner
bf4 MB, b12u2, d2, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 36%
Great damage, d2 may cause corner loss on combo drop

bf4 MB, njp, f4, d1, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 36% (Original Post)
Great damage, no loss of corner on combo drop, good alternate to the above

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Kuatan Warrior

Additional information
* All combos can tack on 12% damage at the cost of a single bar with dd4+BLK

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Dragon Fangs

Additional Information
* dbf3 deals more damage in this variant.

Meterless, Midscreen
b12u2, tap walk, b12u2, njp, f3 xx dbf3 - 34%
Replaces b12u2 x3 due to scaling properties.

Meterless, Corner
b12u2, 4 xx bf2, d1, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 39% (Original Post)
Highest meterless damage, easy to execute, but requires timing.

Metered, Corner
EX db2, njp, f4, d1, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 39% (Original Post)
Former best combo, still viable but more optimal combo path has been found.

EX db2, 4 xx bf2, d1, 11, b12 xx dbf3 - 41% (Original Post)
Over 41% with no starting normal, goes up to 46% with f3. Easy to execute as well. Timing may be precise.

EX db2, f4, u2 xx bf2, d1, 121 xx dbf3 - 43% (Original Post)
43% with no starting normal, goes up to 48% with f3. Very easy on the execution Timing may be precise.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Tigrar Fury

No additional information.

Meterless, Corner
db4, d1, d1, d2, d1 xx dbf3 - 32% (Original Post)
Good damage, starts off low, simple execution, loss of corner

Metered, Corner
3d3 xx db4, d1, d1, 1,1, en bf4, f3 xx dbf3 - 40% (Original Post)
Safe on armor, great damage to difficulty ratio, starts off overhead, HKD

f3 xx en db4, bf2, b12u2, d2, d1/3 xx dbf3 - 45% (Original Post)
f3 guarantees en db4 but all starters function, almost 50% 1 bar, loss of corner.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Put up your stuff and I'll be working on this when I come back to work with damage value verification and all this kinda thing.

Also, if you have any insight as to what you're submitting would fit best in feel free to put that up as well. Debate is good and all.

Mortal Komhat

Added some more stuff to the main post. I also cleaned up the formatting with some spoilers. Lemme know if you prefer that or to have it all in the open. I also put links to the original post so we have a sourced history of Goro discoveries from this point forward.

I also put up some swag in there for those of you who like that.

Next up:
Writing up the variation specific lists and the Metered sections.

Other than @AoK Ryan 's Tigrar Fury specific set-up/combo, everything is up to date from the thread.

Last edited:

loogie

Noob
If people have problems with the B12U1 combo for whatever reason mid screen they can do,

B12U1, NJP, B2, RC F3 SG
b12u1 is not reliable, a lot of times the b1 whiffs or the u2 whiffs - unless Goro is point blank touching the opponent and starts the b12u2 string

VengeSim

Noob
Corner, 1 bar. All Variations.

B3 xx EX bf4, b12u2, d2, d3 xx dbf3 (38%)
F3 xx EX bf4, b12u2, d2, d3 xx dbf3 (39%)

You can keep the corner with these if you time the d2 right.
Change the d3 xx dbf3 to b3 xx dbf3 for extra 1% on each, but its a little harder.

Last edited:

Gurg

Noob
There are lots of meterless corner combos starting from b12u2 that net 36% damage..

For example, you can do a variation of the one listed above: b12u2, b12u2, d2, 11, 121 x SG. (Basically just doing more after the d2, but requires perfection in juggling)

Or there are others involving f4, for example: b12u2, b2, f4, u2, c1, b12 x SG.

F4 is the key here, as it adds big damage and doesn't seem to affect scaling too much. You can often get the same damage with a smaller combo just by subbing in f4. The catch is that it often takes precise timing with the f4 to allow optimal juggle height afterward.

Corner ex PW, njp, f4, c1, 11, b12 x SG I remember being fairly autopilot though.

I've even done 41% meterless combos starting with an anti-air f4 in the corner. It's beastly.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

an easier F214 Corner Combo I posted a while back. 32%

You may be able to end with a D4xSG for 33%.

Last edited:

Gurg

Noob
Regarding 3d3 in the corner..

This is the best I've found so far: 3d3, b12u2, b12u2, b12 x SG (34%)

The problem with this is that it (i think) requires the opponent get hit standing (and it may also require that they have a penis?)

Basically, how we connect with 3d3, and against what character, will determine the optimal combo from 3d3, because they seem to bounce up to different heights? (Or it may also be something with how meaty it connects?)

Anyway, here is another that can work on crouchers: 3d3, u2, b12u2, 11, 121 x SG (29%)

So the key seems to be recognizing what situation you're in (and what opponent it is) and hit-confirming into the optimal combo.

Or.. we can just do something that works all the time against crouchers like: 3d3 (1hit), d1, d1, 11, 121 x SG (24%)

Mortal Komhat

For situationals, I'll list them but I won't bold them.

'cause I was trying vs. Tremor and I couldn't get the u2 to hit during b12u2. And he was standing.

Updated with Gurg's 11,121 variant (since it's higher damage I pruned the previous combo), standardized 3d3 and Ryan's f214 corner.

I'm also theorizing that any combo that has b12 xx dbf3 is outdated as 11, 121 will probably work in those scenarios unless it requires b1 due to the opponent falling.

Last edited:

chores

bad at things
METERLESS:
b3xBF4 === 16%
3d3xBF4 === 17%
b12u2 b2 rc f3xBF4 === 29% --- corner carry
b12u2 rc b12u2 21xSG === 32% --- higher dmg
NJP b2 rc f3xBF4

1 BAR:
b3xBF4(mb) rc b12u2 f3xSG === 35%
3d3xBF4(mb) f3xSG
b12u2 b2 rc f3xBF4(mb) 121xSG === 36%
f3xBF4 rc b12u2 f3xSG === 37%
raw EX punchwalk rc b12u2 21xSG === 32%

METERLESS:
3d3xxBF2 d3xBF4 === 24% (TF only)
b12u2 b2 b12u2 121xSG === 33%

1 BAR:
3d3xxBF2 d3xBF4(mb) 121xSG 38% (TF only)
b3xBF4(mb) b12u2 njp f3xSG 37%
f3xBF4(mb) b12u2 njp f3xSG 39%

id like to know max dmg off a raw punchwalk in the corner

Last edited:

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Regarding 3d3 in the corner..
Basically, how we connect with 3d3, and against what character, will determine the optimal combo from 3d3, because they seem to bounce up to different heights? (Or it may also be something with how meaty it connects?)
It could be that they are jumping out as the 3D3 hits meaty, which would make them bounce lower as they're getting hit airborne.

Most of my combos have been mentioned so I won't repost. One I didn't see was my standard (and pretty easy) 1 bar corner combo in TF.

3D3 xx DB4, D1, D1, 1,1, EN BF4, F3 xx DBF3 (40%)

Since specials cancelled from 3D3 only come out on hit, you don't even have to worry about the opponent armoring thrrough.

Mortal Komhat

I haven't done the variant specific ones yet but I'll certainly keep that one in mind.

Update :
* Tigrar Fury section updated with the two combos posted.
* Changed (normal of choice) to bf4 starter in the variationless section. Reasoning is the same as with including jip in combos.
* Also added the two other variations, though they don't have combos yet because I'm lazy (also partially because I don't remember the inputs for my 43% in DF which is inflated with f3 anyway)

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I ll post some combos for KW and general Goro combos, excuse me if i dont remember the dmg numbers, without jp, but they all deal above 33-34% dmg, using 1 bar.

KW and general Goro 1 bar combos midscreen.

f3xxexpw, rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG. Deals 38% dmg IIRC.

b12u2, rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG, ex gp. Deals 45% dmg.

21xxexpw, rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG.

b3xxexpw (or enhanced), rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG.

AA u1/u2, 21xxexpw, njp, f3xxSG. Deals around 33-35% dmg.

b12u2, rc, b12u2, f3xxexpw, f3xxSG.

KW and general Goro 1 bar corner combos.

f3xxexpw, b2, b2, b12u2, 121xxSG.

f4, d1, 21xxexpw, f3xxSG.

f4, d1, d1, d1, b12xxexpw, f3xxSG.

b12u2, b2, b2, b2, 121xxSG, ex gp.

3d3, d1, 21expw, njp, 121 or f3xxSG.

3d3, b12u2, b12u2, b12xxSG, ex gp. Deals 46% dmg. As mentioned in an above post, opponent needs to be hit by both hits of 3d3 in order for the second b12u2 to connect.

3d3, d1, d1, d1, b12xxexpw, 121 or f3xxSG. Deals around 35% dmg.

B3xxexpw (or enhanced), b2, b2, b12u2, 121 or f3xxSG.

KW Goro 2 bars combos midscreen.

f3xxexpw, rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG, ex gp. Deals 50 or 51% dmg IIRC.

Pretty much every combo you end with SG, you have a guaranteed ex gp afterwards.

Off a raw punchwalk midscreen.

ex punchwalk, rc, b12u2, njp, f3xxSG. Deals 33 or 34% dmg IIRC.

In order for SG to connect, you have to njp the opponent fast enough after b12u2. Requires a bit of practice but its hella easy to do after a little while.

Off a raw ex punchwalk in the corner (or enhanced), to answer @chores question.

ex punchwalk, b2, b2, b12u2, 121 or f3xxSG. Deals around 34 or 35% dmg.

Finishing your combos with Stomp, greatly increases Goro's damage output in all variations since they buffed its hitbox, start up frames and tracking capabilities after the last patch and in the corner, its almost unescapable after finishing your combos with f3xxStomp, 121xxStomp etc, especially in the corner. Its 10% RAW damage in your opponents face, which allows all of Goro's variations to reach up to almost 50% dmg with 1 bar in corner combos and midscreen as well in many situations.

Thats all that comes to mind atm, pretty much almost all of his combos are the same. There are some swaggy uppercut corner combos with KW which put the opponent right back into the corner, but i havent been using them too much. They look cool as hell though.

P.S: All of these combos are practical IF you practice them, so i really dont wanna read anything along the lines "not practical combos" etc etc.

@Mortal Komhat

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Keep in mind I won't include ex ground pound in kombos because I already mentioned you can tack on ex ground pound to any combo for an additional 12 damage. can't EX ground pound with no meter, etc.

The only reason I'd list anything in there as non practical is if it's like... njp b2 rc b2 rc d4 xx bf4 where SURE it can be executed down pat if you practice it, but the damage is low and for the difficulty it's really not worth it. (and no I'm not listing it because it's ass)

I probably won't be able to update the post until late night tonight, however.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Keep in mind I won't include ex ground pound in kombos because I already mentioned you can tack on ex ground pound to any combo for an additional 12 damage. can't EX ground pound with no meter, etc.

The only reason I'd list anything in there as non practical is if it's like... njp b2 rc b2 rc d4 xx bf4 where SURE it can be executed down pat if you practice it, but the damage is low and for the difficulty it's really not worth it. (and no I'm not listing it because it's ass)

I probably won't be able to update the post until late night tonight, however.

Ok, but ex gp after SG or any other normal string or special is essential for KW's gameplay in general. You cant exclude that out. If thats the case the Goro, pretty much, has the same combos in all variations, with very slight changes.