What's new

Combo List - Goro I AM MASTER OF KOMBOS - Post Patch Goro Kombo Thread ver. 2.0

the cool thing about that combo is that it's super easy to pull off. It's a little weird on females though (of course). It totally isn't worth it, but I'm gonna mess around and see what's possible with ex low fang

edit: for some reason i thought goro recovered faster from ex low fang, nvm

i don't even play this variation but all the tech i find for goro is like easier or just better for it wtf why can't i make tigrar the god

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
42% isn't max damage from f3 but damn if that combo doesn't look easier than either of the d2/f4 options (which both do 43% with f4)

Also, for damage over conversion possibility in Dragon Fangs - Ex DB2 > Ex PW. I'll try it out when I can but it should be around 44% using EX DB2.

Last edited:
you're right, ex fang spin does 44%. I figured the scaling the spin would mess it up since spin has more scaling on it, but I guess I'm wrong.

Back before the last set of buffs for Goro, I tested to see if there was even a point in doing combos with fang spin over punchwalk and found that it has more scaling than punchwalk so i stuck with that on principle. I remembered it being a little more significant than it actually is, though. Raw ex spin -> d1 is currently like 1.44% vs EX Punchwalk -> d1 is 1.47% so it's actually not that bad if you go into spin. And it clearly does more damage than punchwalk in the corner combo i posted. IDK, don't want to make too many non-combo posts here but I clearly missed something about fang spin lol.

Mortal Komhat

It's fine if I'm on the ball about updating the masterposts since that's where most of the juicy info should go. Combo theorizing is an important part of developing them, after all.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I didn't bother addressing Fang Spin as increased damage since it's more likely that we'll be landing hit confirm punchwalks. But yeah Fang Spin is always higher damage.

Mortal Komhat

Props to @Cage Redfield, for the idea.

Meterless DF corner combo off a b12u2.

B12u2, s4xxlow stab, d1,11, b12xxSG. Deals 39% dmg. I believe it can go over 40% dmg but i need to lab it a bit more.

@Mortal Komhat
FUCK THIS IS WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.

Like a fuccboi I was trying to combo from low stab when they were standing instead of doing it through a launcher.

Gonna update once I'm back home. Lotsa shit to do today :(

Mortal Komhat

Ok so I fucked around with this.

39% seems tippest of top. as even doing 11,121 leads to 39. It gets dirty when doing it after, say, f3 xx ex spin 'cause that's like 46%

Low Fang being a special buffed us more than we could ever think.

updated masterpost.

Also, anyone screw around with using fireballs in the corner as possible Low Fang substitute for Tigrar Fury?

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

For low fang combos, I'm starting to think f3 is easier to time than 4. Same damage overall, just you might have more leeway since you cancel earlier for the same startup. However if your execution isn't on point you corner yourself :/

short lil combos for when people think jumping is a good idea vs goro's corner game

notation: d1, b12u2, d2, 121 xx grab

d1, b12u2, 4 xx grab

you can very easily confirm which combo to do after catching the opponent with your d1 and seeing how high they are as they're being juggled by b12u2. You can also apply this to the knockdown game, if people try jumping out of the corner. Meaty d1, b12u2, etc. Not ground-breaking or anything and I'm sure there's a way to get more damage, so it's a proof of concept for converting against a jumping opponent.

EDIT: potentially found the max damage non-3d3 starter in the corner for tigrar

notation: starter xx ex punchwalk, u1/2 xx flame breath, 11, 3d3 xx grab

all potential/viable starters do 1% more than the d2 route, except for f3. F3 version does the same damage (40%).

Last edited:
Is 3d3 really that great for this situation? First time I've seen it used in combos at that distance. Maybe it could be better in other combo as well.
well, you can't really fit f3/4 there, and 121/b12 xx grab do less damage so yeah i think thats the best you can get after 11. 121 has weird recovery, didn't allow for any good follow-ups from my testing.

Kittiesily

4 Arms, Still Lose
Im not sure if this is in here already but here is a good midscreen metered combo.... B12U2, b12u2, F3, MB BF4, f3, dbf3... 38% and good corner carry.