What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Just started using Bane today and I am having a lot of fun with him. What do you guys normal do for your neutral game? There is a certain range where you are too far for a command grab but too close to do bf1. I've been throwing out his f2 because it seems to have a ton range on it. Also, what is his best air to air? I've been using his j3 and it seems to be working. Do you guys use bf2 for anything?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just started using Bane today and I am having a lot of fun with him. What do you guys normal do for your neutral game? There is a certain range where you are too far for a command grab but too close to do bf1. I've been throwing out his f2 because it seems to have a ton range on it. Also, what is his best air to air? I've been using his j3 and it seems to be working. Do you guys use bf2 for anything?
In neutral situations you need to take advantage of his dash and d.1(poke). It has a lot of advantage on hit so you can safely go into stuff like command grabs and double punch from range.

Double punch or bf2 is very valuable as a footsies tool.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't recall playing Bane for the tier placements. I remember playing him because he isn't stale.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I think it's fair to say we all saw the list. I for one, as well as others i'm sure, don't care. Just makes me think that there is a lot of advice around here that you'll generally play better with someone you like, so i'll keep doing that. I also find it interesting that in another thread REO stated that he thinks Bane will rise as people get better fundementals of the game and learn how to use him better. While some on the list are apparent it's whatever to me at this point.

Bane definitely has an uphill battle to fight for the most part, but all the way at the bottom? I'm not sure I agree 100%. Like Doombawkz said though, the game is still fairly young and it'll be interesting to see how a tier list down the road differs from this one.

Alcarion

Gym rat
Guys it's all good i'm not doubting any of you dedicated Bane players on here. That was not the point either...

Do i want you guys to drop him for Superman or Batman? Fuark no i merely dropped a link on here.

What i would love to see from this board though and especially from you RYX is to just admit it that he got the short end of the stick please tone it down with the whole Bane is fine you just gotta play smart to win with him talk... Which is true but that won't help us get some buffs down the line and let's face this character needs a few buffs... I'm thinking that Venom should have no fuarking debuffs that cooldown is already there for a reason.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Guys it's all good i'm not doubting any of you dedicated Bane players on here. That was not the point either...

Do i want you guys to drop him for Superman or Batman? Fuark no i merely dropped a link on here.

What i would love to see from this board though and especially from you RYX is to just admit it that he got the short end of the stick please tone it down with the whole Bane is fine you just gotta play smart to win with him talk... Which is true but that won't help us get some buffs down the line and let's face this character needs a few buffs... I'm thinking that Venom should have no fuarking debuffs that cooldown is already there for a reason.
I made a thread about buffing him. He is most certainly not fine.