What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That's weird. I could have sworn I went through the Batarangs the other day with LVL 2 venom, but it isn't working today. I thought it stacked like 1 hit for LVL 1, 2 hits for LVL 2.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No. Someone please correct if I am wrong here because I would love to be wrong here. Even in MK9, not every character had one.
It's bad for Bane if this is true. And I tested this with my Kombat Houston friends who are very good at the game, and it seems like every character has something that's completely invincible from everything if timed right on wakeup. Black Adam's Lightning Cage is 23 frames which means I should be able to easily stuff it on wakeup, but when timed right, it's impossible to stop it. You have to respect it, and it's -3 on block so you don't get anything after either.

If there's something I'm missing here, I'd really like to know. It's not too bad in most matchups since the wake up attacks are punishable, but some aren't and those chars are getting out of wakeup pressure for free.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'd like to see the armor stack with the venom level. 1=1 hit, 2=2 hits etc. Grundy gets FREE armor on his specials with no drawbacks and his lead to free combo's, ours don't. Thoughts?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It does seem a tad against us that only one hit is allowed for the price of the debuff. Especially when a character like Grundy can gain armor at the expense of 1 meter bar.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It does seem a tad against us that only one hit is allowed for the price of the debuff. Especially when a character like Grundy can gain armor at the expense of 1 meter bar.
Walking Corpse has 3 hits of armor for no meter.

Obvious favoritism is obvious.

EDIT: Then again, all things considered we have huge frame traps and a longer command throw, better footsies, and with the right situation do more damage with meter/venom and aren't too behind without.

New combo BTW

F.2.down R1(z.bounce), b.3, 123 a.grab 38% :)

LEGI0N47

EDIT: Then again, all things considered we have huge frame traps and a longer command throw, better footsies, and with the right situation do more damage with meter/venom and aren't too behind without.

New combo BTW

Nice. I can never get anything off after the F2D nor pull the B3 after z.bounce :( I'm sure it would up my game. More lab time here we come!

New combo BTW

What is R1 (z.bounce)?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nice. I can never get anything off after the F2D nor pull the B3 after z.bounce :( I'm sure it would up my game. More lab time here we come!
F.2.d links to all specials save venom upper as well as cancels into wall bounce. ;)

LEGI0N47

F.2.d links to all specials save venom upper as well as cancels into wall bounce. ;)
I think it's the odd input that throws me off. I mainly use it for those ducking in the corner but it usually comes out as F2D2 for that kick to the sky which I have pulled off a c-grab from before. but can't seem to stick just that F2D. Maybe 3or 4/10. Do you play stick? I've often wondered if that would help me, seems some inputs would be easier.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think it's the odd input that throws me off. I mainly use it for those ducking in the corner but it usually comes out as F2D2 for that kick to the sky which I have pulled off a c-grab from before. but can't seem to stick just that F2D. Maybe 3or 4/10. Do you play stick? I've often wondered if that would help me, seems some inputs would be easier.
The input is retarded lol, should have made f.2 like a stance or just have it be the overhead entirely. But oh well, I can deal. :v

Didn't know that even linked to anything, will look into with that.

No idea if it's easier, play pad but I might look for a Hori PS3 pad. Looks nice.

LEGI0N47

The input is retarded lol, should have made f.2 like a stance or just have it be the overhead entirely. But oh well, I can deal. :v

Didn't know that even linked to anything, will look into with that.

No idea if it's easier, play pad but I might look for a Hori PS3 pad. Looks nice.
Yes it most certainly is dumb. It was in the corner btw, not sure about outside of that.

I'm thinking about making that jump too. We'll see.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I play stick and for me, the input for his overhead isn't all that rough. Same with the DBF that everyone seems to be having trouble with :confused:

My advice, find someone who would let you borrow a stick. Maybe play some sets at a local and ask someone to test their stick. If you find you like it, pick one up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So something to test.
Does the armor refresh per venom level?
In other words if you go to 1 and then 2 could you potentially deflect 2 fireballs in succession?

Venom stacking amour would be little OP to me. BAne already has the ability to control momentuem as well as meter advanatage since he can can most standard meter advanatage Damage and amour from just venom alone. Not only that but plenty of bane stuff is unclashable which just help his already great vortex game.

Also his wake up game is still fear as long you have venom. and even then at times its best to just not wake up in most situations due to bane moves whiffing recovery.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I highly doubt it, but everyone please share the game breaking buffs Bane has received in the latest patch.