What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
From what I've been reading, there is no balance patch, just a fix to Doomsday's splash hitbox.

So what are everyone's thoughts on standing 1 (113, 123, etc.) when used outside of a combo? At 9 frames standing 1 is of course Bane's fastest normal, but it feels pretty useless since it hits high. After starting frame traps with a blocked B23 or B21, I'm tempted to follow up block pressure with 113 to continue the frame trap, but everyone blocks low during pressure.

Also, what do you use to follow up B23/B21 on block?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I use it a lot in the netural game. Dash up 113 when they're respecting my armored specials. As far as blocked b23, b21, you should use normal throw and d1, for the most part. Of course, once they start respecting those, it's not a bad idea to go for 113, or maybe even 223 xx double punch since the frame trap will have them afraid to mash a normal out.

But please...use normal throw. After b23 and b21, you're +5 and +4 and normal throw is 10 frames (meaning it comes out in 5 frames after b23, 6 frames after b21). And that means it'll beat anything not throw invincible (fastest jab is 6 frames).

F2D the bitches then. Or Double Punch. Let them keep blocking low, and let them keep eating the sledgehammers that Bane calls fists.
I'm talking in a frame trap scenario, specifically after B23/B21. I use double punch constantly, but on block it ends your pressure due to it being -5. Meanwhile, the actual startup for F2D has got to be somewhere in the 20s (movelist data is wrong on this one), so your opponent would really have to be sleeping to successfully land it off of such small frame advantage at point blank range.

I use it a lot in the netural game. Dash up 113 when they're respecting my armored specials. As far as blocked b23, b21, you should use normal throw and d1, for the most part. Of course, once they start respecting those, it's not a bad idea to go for 113, or maybe even 223 xx double punch since the frame trap will have them afraid to mash a normal out.

But please...use normal throw. After b23 and b21, you're +5 and +4 and normal throw is 10 frames (meaning it comes out in 5 frames after b23, 6 frames after b21). And that means it'll beat anything not throw invincible (fastest jab is 6 frames).
I do need to start using regular throws more. Specifically off of strings that grant me small amounts of frame advantage. I do use D1 quite often though--the combination of reach, being a low, and it granting great hit advantage and some block advantage are too good. Typically, I'll just do a naked D1 if I believe it has a good chance of connecting, and then hit confirm it into standing pressure (hence looking for good followups to B23/B21). Another option I want to use more is following up D1 on hit with B11 or B1 frametraps, since following d1 on hit, B11xxGrab/B112xxGrab is basically guaranteed damage.

Double Punch getting blocked doesn't matter. With Venom up, you can throw them over and over against most characters unless they have a really fast string that hits twice before you hit them. You have armor, so you can eat the first attack. When they start really respecting it, you can double punch and then command grab. Or double punch and b23. Really the only thing to worry about is the armored 3 or a parry character.

Maybe this isn't a good idea. I just don't bother with normals too much when I'm in someone's face. Maybe I need to start doing it.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So what are everyone's thoughts on standing 1 (113, 123, etc.) when used outside of a combo? At 9 frames standing 1 is of course Bane's fastest normal, but it feels pretty useless since it hits high. After starting frame traps with a blocked B23 or B21, I'm tempted to follow up block pressure with 113 to continue the frame trap, but everyone blocks low during pressure.

Also, what do you use to follow up B23/B21 on block?
If I think about it a throw because of the speed. But tbh on a blocked B23 i'll contine 113 most of the time on a ducking opponent because the last hit of 113 is overhead, works almost everytime. So continuing preasure like that is not a terrible idea if they're just going to sit there, but you can get poked out before the 3 if they have their wits about them. Also cmd grab will still come out after the 3 hits if you're preasuring a ducking guy like that.

I also will throw in F2D but it usually does the full F2D2 combo becuse i have trouble with that stupid input. Ducking constantly against a practiced Bane is not a good idea.

Double Punch getting blocked doesn't matter. With Venom up, you can throw them over and over against most characters unless they have a really fast string that hits twice before you hit them. You have armor, so you can eat the first attack. When they start really respecting it, you can double punch and then command grab. Or double punch and b23. Really the only thing to worry about is the armored 3 or a parry character.

Maybe this isn't a good idea. I just don't bother with normals too much when I'm in someone's face. Maybe I need to start doing it.
Depends. A lot of character have 6 frame moves, so you're only guaranteed an armored special after double punch if you're very precise with your timing.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
From d1, I usually buffer either double punch or body press (with venom, of course). B11 xx body press is a really good trap for when d1 hits, though. I'm gonna try that out when I get a chance.

EDIT: Anybody checked to see if they fixed the frame data yet?

My biggest gripe with this character is that no one plays him so no one has experience against him. It's so dumb winning like 5-10 in a row because people just have no clue what to do. It's basically pointless practice.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I know how you feel, I bodied a Raven that didn't understand how our armor works.
Also, when I won w D2 into Venom Upper they thought I did something to alter my moves recovery

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Random shit

Can dash under hit b.23 and command grab seems guaranteed when buffered to grab them on wake up. B.11 could also probably work and f2down/d.1 could probably catch rolls/dashes.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Stumbled across a humorous anti-wakeup crossup thingy. Likely already known but here it is.

In the corner, opponent's back to wall:
1,1,3-1,2,3-charge

Bane charges into the corner, and stays running for a second. Then pending on what character and what wakeup, it can stuff their wakeup, kicking them back toward the middle of the screen.
This is way too situational to actually impliment in a match, but it does make me feel good giving Sinestro the old skidmark treatment.

Give it a whirl if you want to laugh a bit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Stumbled across a humorous anti-wakeup crossup thingy. Likely already known but here it is.

In the corner, opponent's back to wall:
1,1,3-1,2,3-charge

Bane charges into the corner, and stays running for a second. Then pending on what character and what wakeup, it can stuff their wakeup, kicking them back toward the middle of the screen.
This is way too situational to actually impliment in a match, but it does make me feel good giving Sinestro the old skidmark treatment.

Give it a whirl if you want to laugh a bit.
Already said in a different topic. The charge puts them too far to follow-up with anything, even MB.
Not the best idea. Funny, but impractical

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Yeah I knew it was a wash when I tried it vs all of grundy's wakeups. At best, it will make him whiff walking corpse.
But most times hes at advantage at point blank range, which is scary as shit.

Could be a funny way to win in a tourney if you know it will kill them, lv3 would make the charge part hit like 22%

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, no one outside of here knows about it not working...
So they will likely try to block it, its a good corner lock.

LEGI0N47

So I've been trying out some other characters because I want to have another option that i'm also well rounded at. I like a few but I have a confession to make...I'm addicted to Venom.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Finally got home from school, got in some ranked matches now that I have a good connection. Went 2/0 then had to go. Beat an Ares, then Broke a Bat. Literally. Beat him with lvl3 venom super lmao.

Problem is, or blessing depending on how you see it, I get the feeling they didn't know how to fight me. I kept hitting them with Bodyslams, Double Punches, and D1's on wake-ups for days. Loving <3ane.

Edit: They made no attempt to resist on wake-up by the way...It's like they didn't expect me to do what I did lol.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Is Bane's pressure ended after DBF3? A Black Adam I play against always holds up-back and I can never catch him with a meaty. Probably haven't tried enough options, Bane isn't a very good character to have as a sub after all.

LEGI0N47

Is Bane's pressure ended after DBF3? A Black Adam I play against always holds up-back and I can never catch him with a meaty. Probably haven't tried enough options, Bane isn't a very good character to have as a sub after all.
No. The preasure continues with using Venom into an armored special against thier wake up should they try to use one. You have ample time to dash and stuff him with a venom double punch after a cmd grab. Your goal is to continue stuffing thier wakeup attempts as much as possible with armor, hopefully to the corner or he corners himself. He has several high/overhead & low attacks to keep preasure without venom. Only problem I have is some fast characters poking me out of them sometimes, but I prob don't mix it up enough some matches so they know it's coming.

Also what the above says.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Like Doom said. Usually I go VU after my combos when I'm midscreen. The closer I get to the corner, the more I use Bodyslam. Once they're in the corner, it's almost impossible to get out if you can pace yourself and make decent reads on your opponent. With armored specials and frame traps out the respiratory-aid mask, it's a blast watching people try to move from the corner against a competent Bane.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
RYX , have you came up with anything new?

This isn't anything new, but how is everyone dealing with players that like to cross-up? I've played a few opponents that want to jump over top of you on knockdowns. At first I was just blocking them as they jumped over, but then I started throwing out some venom uppercuts on wake-up. I noticed that they hit even if you're facing the wrong way. It doesn't leave you in any follow up position, but gets them off your back nonetheless.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX , have you came up with anything new?

This isn't anything new, but how is everyone dealing with players that like to cross-up? I've played a few opponents that want to jump over top of you on knockdowns. At first I was just blocking them as they jumped over, but then I started throwing out some venom uppercuts on wake-up. I noticed that they hit even if you're facing the wrong way. It doesn't leave you in any follow up position, but gets them off your back nonetheless.
Venom Uppercut is pretty awesome for jumpy people.

Also besides finding more set-ups with transitions turned off, no. :(