What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
How unsafe is trident scoop?

So. We have a character we get in on easily but cannot pressure on a knockdown. (I still think it's 5-5 or in Bane's favor) Let's put on our thinking caps and theorize on what we can do. :)
i dont know the frames, but i know that Bane absolutely cannot punish aquamans good wakeup attacks., getting in on Aquaman isn't the problem Aquaman just completely outfootsies Bane, bane does have d1, yes, but again aquaman can mash d1 out of alot of Bane's frametraps.

and don't even get me started on Aquamans trait, when it's active you can't hurt him, Bane's strings simply do not work. sorry if i seem adamant, one of my training buddies mains Aquaman and it was not a fun experience.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I have played with her a bit. I like her but I drop the MB cmb grab Giant ice spike a lot on her BnB but i've put in no where near the work with her i have with Bane. Also I feel if you can't catch them with her slide or combo into it her damage is meh.

I've also toyed with Hawkgirl a little. She seems she can be quite the pain in the ass for a lot of people.

RYX I do not care for Superman despite what he can do. I've never really gave DS an honest try yet.
I've stuck with the Bat characters. I've got a good Batman and a decent Joker now. They compliment Bane well.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
i dont know the frames, but i know that Bane absolutely cannot punish aquamans good wakeup attacks., getting in on Aquaman isn't the problem Aquaman just completely outfootsies Bane, bane does have d1, yes, but again aquaman can mash d1 out of alot of Bane's frametraps.

and don't even get me started on Aquamans trait, when it's active you can't hurt him, Bane's strings simply do not work. sorry if i seem adamant, one of my training buddies mains Aquaman and it was not a fun experience.
Correct me if i'm wrong because I have yet to face a "proper" Aquaman and haven't seen a lot of vids on him. If he's in the air his trait fails does it not? I'm sure catching a B23 is not easy on one but would that negate it?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I like the Batcast. Joker is fun with friends on his win pose alone lol.
Batman is the jack of all trades I go to against guys that just have to play keep away. And Joker is really just a lot of fun. I'm actually thinking about trying out Ares or Superman next. I think all those guys would be good for any of us Bane mains.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Correct me if i'm wrong because I have yet to face a "proper" Aquaman and haven't seen a lot of vids on him. If he's in the air his trait fails does it not? I'm sure catching a B23 is not easy on one but would that negate it?
b23 wont work if Aquaman is in trait, b2 hits and he blocks the 3 lol.

I hope you get them. I'm looking forward to seeing those.
i just recieved word back, it'll all be up tommorow morning :)

haketh

Noob
Man trying to think of who I want for a secondary for the ole Venom Head, thinking Killer Frost but she gets beat by Supes apparently. Maybe GL.

Wait what do you mean CMD Grab uses up his trait?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Man trying to think of who I want for a secondary for the ole Venom Head, thinking Killer Frost but she gets beat by Supes apparently. Maybe GL.

Must beat it out if it works on his trait. This seems very big if he can negate it consistently.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter

if aquaman is traited and you land a command grab/regular throw, his trait runs out by the time its finished.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Oh, and I've been trying to work on a pocket Flash. In any fighter I'm a grappler/rushdown player at heart. I can't bring myself to throw shit at people all day...I'd rather throw the people. :D

I play a lot vs Aquaman with my roommate and with quick inputs, you CAN chain command throw an Aquaman adamant on wake up scooping with very fast command grabbing. Otherwise, good timing with double punch will catch Aquaman before the second hit connects.