What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments/b/399480754 41:00 is my Bane match. Bout a minute in we realized both our controls were messed up so we just let it rock. I already know I played relatively shitty, it was first time playing an actual player so my reactions and such were way off, but it'd be helpful if I can get some criticism. Any at all. I'm a man, I can take it. Cheers.

Edit: Also, might've been nerves that were screwing up my inputs. Got a F.2 instead F.2D. Luckily it hit him lol.
There was a point where you both traded hits in the corner and you thought quick enough and got the anti-air grab off. Nice.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
someone has got to use bane at WNF!
Let's see what Tuesday's patch brings first.

As a follow-up to the throw immunity, Joker's seems to be his actual trait. Be on the lookout and do a slower armor move or any of the charge moves to bait out the parry.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hopefully he isn't too different.

No matter what anyone here says, we all enjoy the character as he is. If he becomes too powerful, it almost... lessens the fun for me personally. I like the character who is a little bit challenging to play, and honestly I feel like he can only get better...

But its too soon to pump him up only to knock him down again later. I hope for subtle changes in some properties and honestly, I'll let the rest of the patch handle the other characters for me. I do want some buffs, maybe some better combo potential out of his MBs or two hits of armor at level 2 venom, but aside from that everything else to me is perfect.

Maybe charge becoming not 32 frames... 23 or so would be fine.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Based on players and not wanting to get better ever, it's likely.

Anyway, I did some testing with AA grab vs dive attacks.

BlackAdam - His is the easiest to grab on reaction. You can hit him just before making contact, sometimes trades if you're late.
WW - A bit harder. Tend to get beat out unless you have quick reactions. Venom Uppercut trades in your favor both damage and position wise. Armored Upper works too.
Superman - By far the hardest. You have only a second to grab him for you trade 1% to 9%. You're better off using Armored Venom Uppercut or Double Punch.

You guys are funny. NRS will make changes they deem necessary for balance. I doubt whiners on forums mean much at this point. I'm sure they have data on all matchups from online play they can work off.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You guys are funny. NRS will make changes they deem necessary for balance. I doubt whiners on forums mean much at this point. I'm sure they have data on all matchups from online play they can work off.
That's not true at all since DS is getting nerfed due to online players.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
DS is getting nerfed?
As far as I know it's just chip damage on guns(which is already miniscule) but yeah.

It's not likely Bane is getting buffs but it's possible. I hope he doesn't to be honest, people who pick a character up because they got buffed aren't cool.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I love Upper with venum as a wake up attack.It catches people jumping or poking because of his armor. Also,for me it's the best combo finisher as it leaves you in the best position for the jd3,nearly impossible to predict if it will crossup or not

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

A tutorial Tom Brady did for Grundy. At the 7 min mark, he explains throw invincible moves. I already knew that there were situations where Bane's Throws wouldn't work (normal, special, & super), but I attributed it to throw properties not functioning on Frames where throw and attack perfectly clashed. Based on his explanation, there are throw invincible situations, but frames have nothing to do with it. Instead, they are specific to special moves (that probably each character has) that nullify throws and their armor properties. So against grapplers like Grundy and Bane, those moves become optional wake-up moves and pokes due to them being throw invincible, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ARMOR.

I believe Bane's venom charge is his throw invincible move. If you use Bane's Super and set the AI Bane to do Venom Charge, you will get the same outcome as Tom Brady's Grundy Demo. Venom Charge will either clash with your super, trade (in which case you take damage from the charge, but your armor absorbes it) or it beats out the super clean by nullifying the armor. This outcome applies to ALL throws.

Bane isn't low tier! And by Tuesday's patch, with the buffs he's getting and the nerfs to the characters that aren't really top tier but people complain about, he should be top tier for sure!
Wait, so Raging Charge is Bane's invincible wake up attack? That seems pretty terrible. And this really isn't good for Bane at all; it makes his wakeup pressure a lot weaker.

How are you guys dealing with Green Lantern and Black Adam? I'm having problems against them. Really hard to get close to Lantern and there's nothing you can do to Black Adam on wakeup. Lightning Cage is invincible and safe on block and his backdash is ridiculous.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Wait, so Raging Charge is Bane's invincible wake up attack? That seems pretty terrible. And this really isn't good for Bane at all; it makes his wakeup pressure a lot weaker.

How are you guys dealing with Green Lantern and Black Adam? I'm having problems against them. Really hard to get close to Lantern and there's nothing you can do to Black Adam on wakeup. Lightning Cage is invincible and safe on block and his backdash is ridiculous.
You sound surprised... the charge is his THROW invincible move. Bane doens't have a "wake-up attack" that I know of. Every special move he does on wake-up only has invincibility frames at the start of the move. Right before the move makes contact, the invincibility wears off. This is because all of Bane's moves are slow, so the invincibility frames granted to wake-up attacks wear off before the move completes. The moves that have some wake-up invincibility I've tested thoroughly are the overhead double punch and uppercut. Both get stuffed clean by a sweep if contact is made right before the move hits. If the attack hits Bane right at the start-up, Bane is invincible and will hit through.

What this means is Bane has no true wake-up move. That's why Venom is such a dangerous mechanic when used offensively. If your offense fails and you are put into Venom cooldown, opponents can Bully Bane on wake-up for free until the cooldown ends. Level 3 Venom is a definte nono unless you are absolutely certain your opponent is losing by cooldown.

I can't wait till Batman's bats get nerfed.

Not that it will help me, but I'll just enjoy the bat tears after all the beatings that I've taken.

Bane definanlt feel fine the way he is. if any I would like a small extra amount of invicibility on his back dash.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
You sound surprised... the charge is his THROW invincible move. Bane doens't have a "wake-up attack" that I know of. Every special move he does on wake-up only has invincibility frames at the start of the move. Right before the move makes contact, the invincibility wears off. This is because all of Bane's moves are slow, so the invincibility frames granted to wake-up attacks wear off before the move completes. The moves that have some wake-up invincibility I've tested thoroughly are the overhead double punch and uppercut. Both get stuffed clean by a sweep if contact is made right before the move hits. If the attack hits Bane right at the start-up, Bane is invincible and will hit through.

What this means is Bane has no true wake-up move. That's why Venom is such a dangerous mechanic when used offensively. If your offense fails and you are put into Venom cooldown, opponents can Bully Bane on wake-up for free until the cooldown ends. Level 3 Venom is a definte nono unless you are absolutely certain your opponent is losing by cooldown.
Isn't every character supposed to have a fully invincible wake up attack?