What's new

Question How Can You Consider Flash Top 5?

Do you have the Flash in your top 5?

• Total voters
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll buff Flash again.

It just wouldn't be considered a proper Injustice patch without a Flash buff.
I honestly don't want this. Can't imagine what could be buffed. I have mentioned elsewhere that I would happily trade damage for speed...seeing as how he's the flash. B2 and F2 getting stuffed by a plethora of other cast members is quite an...injustice.

SEV

Noob
This is why flash is top 5, one reason is that you can't wake up against flash no one can, he can punish everything including MM push and BA cage, 2nd reason is because his corner pressure and 50/50 is the best in the game. Once your in the corner it is very difficult to get out. Third, he can vibrate through all interactables including the fire, You have to be smart about using them against him. Fourth, he can do watever the hell he wants to do, he can always play his game. It doesnt matter if your zoning or rushing him down he can always play his game. 5th his d2 can punish alot moves by itself and can apply pressure And last his trait. His trait can be the deciding factor of winning or losing a match. If you have low health and I have my trait you better pray to god he messes up.
First off to say no one can wake up against him isn't true. True you can go for the RMS NJ set up to stuff these "invincible" wake ups but anyone that is aware of this set up can see you running in while in RMS and can just not wake up and forward dash out(not saying it's useless though). I agree that his corner pressure is the best in the game but his LC set ups can be read if you're familiar with the MU and a right guess on the 50/50 and you're -5 and they can get out. I highly disagree with your opinion that he can do whatever he wants. Most of the most popular characters, that happen to be the better characters in the game, control the match pace over the Flash, and for one of the better characters in general, the Flash still has a lot of unfavored match ups. Though being able to avoid interactibles with speed dodge is great, plenty of other characters can do this too and punish more consistently. I love his trait and it's mechanics but until Flash users can figure out how to fully utilize it outside of combos(similar to the end game scenario you laid out), it isn't anywhere near being over powered like some traits. And just as a character as a whole, outside of his 50/50, this character can be read to a tee in my opinion. Once people figure him out I feel most people will see that he was up played.

SEV

Noob
Buff Flash. He needs it.
Definitely does not need any buffs, wasn't saying that at all. I just feel that people need to stop bitching about this character and learn the match up. It's absurd how many people do things that are unsafe against the Flash then bitch about it when they get punished. If you see Superman sitting on full meter and you're half life, are you going to something unsafe? No, because you know he's going to punish with dem 2 frames.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
First off to say no one can wake up against him isn't true. True you can go for the RMS NJ set up to stuff these "invincible" wake ups but anyone that is aware of this set up can see you running in while in RMS and can just not wake up and forward dash out(not saying it's useless though). I agree his corner pressure is the best in the game in my opinion but his set ups can be read if you're familiar with the MU and a right guess on the 50/50 you're -5 and they can get out. I highly disagree with your opinion that he can do whatever he wants. Most of the most popular characters, that happen to be the better characters in the game, control the match pace over the Flash, and for one of the better characters in general, the Flash still has a lot of unfavored match ups. Though being able to avoid interactibles with speed dodge is great, plenty of other characters can do this too and punish more consistently. I love his trait and it's mechanics but until Flash users can figure out how to fully utilize it outside of combos(similar to the end game scenario you laid out), it isn't anywhere near being over powered like some traits.
1st, no one can wake up reason is bcuz, not only you have the RMS set up but you can simply back dash when your right in their face and make most wake ups whiff or mb f3 . You have to constantly keep your opponent guessing on which one your doing. 2nd the corner pressure 50/50 is only readable when your just doing a simple pattern. There are plenty of things you can do in the corner to keep your opponent guessing for example most flash players know this, jump 2 make them block put them in a 50/50 or if you know their wake ups can whiff, back dash wait f21 or you can mb f3 when they wake up usually i use this for players with a slide (KF). If you do a combination of all this your opponent will nvr know wat your doing. 3rd I will say this again he can do watever he wants, yes some players my control the pace if you let them. But you can do the same shit to all characters, yes u might hav to be more patient in certain MUs but there is no character (upset DD) that is keeping flash from being flash. And last his trait. I do agree that there is not much use with his trait other than wat u said but you can also use it one a zoning is trying to zone u and get rite in their face.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Flash is a solid character with strenghs and weaknesses, just like Batgirl, Zod, KF, and more. That how should be all character in the cast. Top 10.

Top 5 characters are characters having no weaknesses and that's why their should be nerfed a bit.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I don't know if you guys realize this, but most if not all the top tier characters have great zoning, rush down and tools that allow them to get in for free.
DD,OP Man, BA,MMH and so on. He could be top 10 if this game wasn't so zoning heavy. Flash has to chase the enemy around the map, he will eat more than a few interactables before he gets to you. He has good rush down, but not superior to sups or black adam.
Flash has potential, who knows maybe after the patch.
He is a good characters, but there so many characters that can match his damage up close and zone at the same time.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
1st, no one can wake up reason is bcuz, not only you have the RMS set up but you can simply back dash when your right in their face and make most wake ups whiff or mb f3 . You have to constantly keep your opponent guessing on which one your doing. 2nd the corner pressure 50/50 is only readable when your just doing a simple pattern. There are plenty of things you can do in the corner to keep your opponent guessing for example most flash players know this, jump 2 make them block put them in a 50/50 or if you know their wake ups can whiff, back dash wait f21 or you can mb f3 when they wake up usually i use this for players with a slide (KF). If you do a combination of all this your opponent will nvr know wat your doing. 3rd I will say this again he can do watever he wants, yes some players my control the pace if you let them. But you can do the same shit to all characters, yes u might hav to be more patient in certain MUs but there is no character (upset DD) that is keeping flash from being flash. And last his trait. I do agree that there is not much use with his trait other than wat u said but you can also use it one a zoning is trying to zone u and get rite in their face.
His trait is fairly useless outside combos, pushblock gets rid of it.

Almost every character has ambiguous crossup setups in the corner, that is not unique to Flash.

No one can wakeup against a lot of characters, that just means you have room to get up and prepare a defense.

To say he can always do what he wants is only half true. He has a much easier time getting in on some of the cast but when played right certain characters can control the match vs. him.

Is he top 5? Probably not. But anyone who says he is out of top 10 is a downplayer lol

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
His trait is fairly useless outside combos, pushblock gets rid of it.

Almost every character has ambiguous crossup setups in the corner, that is not unique to Flash.

No one can wakeup against a lot of characters, that just means you have room to get up and prepare a defense.

To say he can always do what he wants is only half true. He has a much easier time getting in on some of the cast but when played right certain characters can control the match vs. him.

Is he top 5? Probably not. But anyone who says he is out of top 10 is a downplayer lol
1st i agree about his trait
2nd I never said anything about cross ups in the corner its all bout wat i said in my last post
3rd evening if you decided to block on wake up i can still use my RMS cancel pressure on you
4th name the characters that can truly control the match over flash

SaJa

FH_FenriR
1st i agree about his trait
2nd I never said anything about cross ups in the corner its all bout wat i said in my last post
3rd evening if you decided to block on wake up i can still use my RMS cancel pressure on you
4th name the characters that can truly control the match over flash

BA, WW, aquaman, batman, GL, Zod, MMH, Superman are for sure bad matchups for flash. He has a lot of 5-5.

Everyone can whiff punish a wakeup. Shazam can backdash BA's lightning cage and punish it with b2, command grab.
RMS has risky options because most of them are punishable.

Flash's corner game is weaker than WW or Superman's corner game.

Zoidberg747

BA, WW, aquaman, batman, GL, Zod, MMH, Superman are for sure bad matchups for flash. He has a lot of 5-5.

Everyone can whiff punish a wakeup. Shazam can backdash BA's lightning cage and punish it with b2, command grab.

Raven is 6-4 Flash, no question.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Raven is 6-4 Flash, no question.

Maybe, I do not have that much experience on this matchup, all I know is that Flash has no projectile to trade and if he moves he'll eat a special. The only reason I think it's 5-5 is because Raven's wakeup game sucks and Flash has resets.

SEV

Noob
Well when you say he can just back dash, that's nothing character specific. The entire cast can meter burn B/F3 or back dash, and Flash actually can't back dash a good amount of wake ups because of the back dash's shorter distance and long recovery(on that note why the fuck does the fastest man alive have such a shitty back dash). And I said anything BUT a 50/50 can be read pretty easily, not vice-versa, meaning in the corner or after a jump in. Also almost all Flash players play similarly because he doesn't have the tools to mix things up too much in the neutral game which is why I said he can be read easily. There is really only room for variation in the corner or after hard knock downs; our neutral game, and all of it's shenanigans, are pretty fixed. I will say the Flash can control the pace of the match against characters that aren't: Black Adam, Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Sinestro, Zod, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Doomsday or Deathstroke(Zatanna too maybe, haven't played too many good ones yet). Now those cast members make up a solid 75% of the IGAU community(and that probably a modest approximation), so even though there might be a good twenty characters that Flash controls the pace over, it's rarer than one would think. But we as Flash players definitely need to develop our trait game play more; I think the potential is there but we just need to take the time to figure it out and sacrifice some big combos in the mean time.

Zoidberg747

Maybe, I do not have that much experience on this matchup, all I know is that Flash has no projectile to trade and if he moves he'll eat a special. The only reason I think it's 5-5 is because Raven's wakeup game sucks and Flash has resets.
You can MB Charge through projectiles. Raven has to bait it which opens up your approach.

It is an advantage him, although it is far from unwinnable.

SEV

Noob
You can MB Charge through projectiles. Raven has to bait it which opens up your approach.

It is an advantage him, although it is far from unwinnable.
You can only MB LC through them on wake up and they have to be modestly close so that the invincibility frames are still up as he goes through the projectile.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
So MB LC doesnt have armor?

Here we are. People overrating the Flash don't know the matchup. No offense, a lot of great players are like you.

Charge : 1 hit punishable

Charge MB : 1 mid, 1 high (punishable) which can combo.

11 frames at the closest distance (you can't punish deathstroke fireshot if you are not at a certain distance).

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Here we are. People overrating the Flash don't know the matchup. No offense, a lot of great players are like you.

Charge : 1 hit punishable

Charge MB : 1 mid, 1 high (punishable) which can combo.

11 frames at the closest distance (you can't punish deathstroke fireshot if you are not at a certain distance).
yet MB Charge is the armor destroyer supreme

Thats what makes him good... you have to always respect his frame traps because of how quickly he hits you. Even Grundy can't just WC through anything

No one is overreacting, he's good against everyone. Sure he has SLIGHT holes... but nothing that he can't cover up.
He is a button pushers best friend.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous

BA- The only thing he can do is run, his lighting cage can be whiff punish, you can vibrate his dive kick, and the first two lighting circles on his trait

WW- you can d2 her when she air dashes, you can whiff punish her lasso spin, d2 her uppercut and it is very easy to get out of her corner pressure

AM- the only thing he has going is his d2 and his trait, you have to smart against him

BM- you can d2 him when tries to cross you up, his only option on wake is to block or back dash against flash, on the 2nd hit of his b223 you can dash forward it

GL- you already know wat he is goin to do b1 bs, the only threat he has is his lighter's might, in this MU yea hav to play a bit more patient.

Zod- he is super glitchy not worth talking about

SM- he cant wake up, u can d2 rising grab and punish low scoop. vibrate through his lasers. the only thing you hav to worry about is his f23 breath.