What's new

Question How Can You Consider Flash Top 5?

Do you have the Flash in your top 5?

• Total voters

SEV

Noob
I find that a lot of people in this community up play this character a lot. Now let me first state that I do believe he has the tools of a typical top 5 character: reaching frame traps, 50/50's that can confirm into 50%+ combos, an amazing D2, the best forward dash in the game probably, the ability to punish with Lightning Charge, and the ability to completely avoid all interactibles with Speed Dodge; however, in order for Flash to be top 5, that means that there can only be four characters better than him.

The phrase "top 5" has become more synonymous with a figurative meaning more so than its literal meaning when it comes to IGAU, describing cast members that have the tools to be considered within the top 5. The cast members that are generally considered for this are:

Black Adam
Superman
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Martian Man Hunter
Batman
Zod
Green Lantern
Batgirl
Flash
Doomsday
Killer Frost

These are the cast members that are widely accepted to be within the top tiers as of now, and in my opinion are top 5 material; twelve characters. So again, in order for the Flash to be in the top 5, there can only be four cast members that rank higher.

Although the Flash does have solid tools, does he have something better than Black Adam's back dash? Something better than Superman's F23? Something better than Aquaman's combo breaking trait? Is he a better rounded character than Wonder Woman? Are his set ups and punishes better than Martian Man Hunter's? Can he pressure better than Batman? Are is mix-ups as legit as Zod's? Are his midscreen set ups better than Green Lantern's OTG resets? Can his standing meterless vortex even compare with Batgirl's?

Now I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can not fathom how you can come to form the opinion that he is within the top 5 over other characters. The list above is my top 12, in that order. I think the case could be made to switch Batgirl and Flash around but I don't see the Flash being any higher than 9th as of now and can be as low as 12th behind Doomsday and/or Killer Frost depending on your argument.

I feel the Flash is still being slept on to an extent due to limited Flash players in the community which has led to a widespread misconception of this character's placement in the tier lists. Barry is a solid character, but I just don't believe that an argument can be made that is strong enough to convince me that he is top 5.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You can't list characters in a number order.

it is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE.

The Flash is one of the better characters in the game. That is all you need to know.

The top 5 top 10 .... thats just for everyone to say "HEY LOOK AT ME"

Having unordered groups is the only way you can accurately depict a 1v1 game.... that doesn't have the support that boxing or UFC etc would have.

And even then... you'd have to rank the player.... because no one is relegated or made to sign up as "NRF Murphy (WonderWoman)"

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
This is why flash is top 5, one reason is that you can't wake up against flash no one can, he can punish everything including MM push and BA cage, 2nd reason is because his corner pressure and 50/50 is the best in the game. Once your in the corner it is very difficult to get out. Third, he can vibrate through all interactables including the fire, You have to be smart about using them against him. Fourth, he can do watever the hell he wants to do, he can always play his game. It doesnt matter if your zoning or rushing him down he can always play his game. 5th his d2 can punish alot moves by itself and can apply pressure And last his trait. His trait can be the deciding factor of winning or losing a match. If you have low health and I have my trait you better pray to god he messes up.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Hes TOP 10, not 5,,, top 5 for me is common, BA,SM, AM, BM and GL

But thats the art of this game other than the top 3 which will change after the nerf, this game has a solid top 20 and maybe more that can win Tournys, and even the bottom 10 still has a chance to make it far and may even change after this patch

i dont see how gl is top 5, he gets blown up by interactables

mmh is a more viable candidate

and zod or wonder woman and batgirl

lets not forget touch of death frost

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
This is why flash is top 5, one reason is that you can't wake up against flash no one can, he can punish everything including MM push and BA cage, 2nd reason is because his corner pressure and 50/50 is the best in the game. Once your in the corner it is very difficult to get out. Third, he can vibrate through all interactables including the fire, You have to be smart about using them against him. Fourth, he can do watever the hell he wants to do, he can always play his game. It doesnt matter if your zoning or rushing him down he can always play his game. 5th his d2 can punish alot moves by itself and can apply pressure And last his trait. His trait can be the deciding factor of winning or losing a match. If you have low health and I have my trait you better pray to god he messes up.
Thank You kind sir, you folks just don't know, Flash is gonna be hell for many once others finally catch on to em.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
GL has the lift if he sees them try to jump for IA,,,, i def Think hes top 5, them mix ups, them cross overs, that j1, that j3, them frame traps, and most of all that B1,,, he gives BA trouble and thats saying a lot, although this is just personal Opinion, but once you have him atleast in your top 10 we all good
I will admit, batgirl is eyeing that spot up lol

wheres Tom Bradys and Reo Tier list that they do all the time
i dont see how gl is top 5, he gets blown up by interactables

mmh is a more viable candidate

and zod or wonder woman and batgirl

lets not forget touch of death frost

Xenrail

Noob
i consider a character top 5 highly dependent on how little faults he or she possesses. flash still has a lot. he's a good character though

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i disagree on the him playing his game part. against batman you are always playing batman's game, against GL you are always playing his game, the only way you really start to play the flash's game is in the corner vs these characters, not even sweep distance is safe against GL and batman, supes AM and BA. there is a sweet spot where if the opponent is in the range, the flash is literally useless, b22 is too slow, his d1, d1 standing 1 2 and 3 wont reach and its right inside sweep distance, flash's only option? to try and b22, jump or sweep, or LC/ FU. top players like rico and reo and brady know these spots because they play me so often, and am stuck walking backwards against batman, GL and supes trying to make their attack whiff when they don't actually need to attack me at that range only watch for a MB LC or a dash up. at the top level i play against right now it is suicide to dash up on people offline, d1 into combo on reaction. only going into trait stops this, walking foward and playing footsies is what you do most of the match. i still think he is top 5 though.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Personally I think he's just outside top 5, probably 6-8. You could make a pretty strong argument for him being top 5 though. He has some of the defining characteristics of the a really high tier - high mobility, high damage, strong mix ups, goes about even with most of the other high tiers, and really dominates some of the lower tiers. I don't really see anything decisively keeping him out of top 5

Xenrail

Noob
i disagree on the him playing his game part. against batman you are always playing batman's game, against GL you are always playing his game, the only way you really start to play the flash's game is in the corner vs these characters, not even sweep distance is safe against GL and batman, supes AM and BA. there is a sweet spot where if the opponent is in the range, the flash is literally useless, b22 is too slow, his d1, d1 standing 1 2 and 3 wont reach and its right inside sweep distance, flash's only option? to try and b22, jump or sweep, or LC/ FU. top players like rico and reo and brady know these spots because they play me so often, and am stuck walking backwards against batman, GL and supes trying to make their attack whiff when they don't actually need to attack me at that range only watch for a MB LC or a dash up. at the top level i play against right now it is suicide to dash up on people offline, d1 into combo on reaction. only going into trait stops this, walking foward and playing footsies is what you do most of the match. i still think he is top 5 though.
batman's 113 and 223 strings are vulnerable to flash d12, but its still hard to pull off. you can mash d2 to trade, but bat gets ahead with chip. in between bat traits & batarangs, you're forced to play defensive and it's lame as fuck. VS green lantern, same thing and the mind fuck of his b13 missile trap can throw you off your game if you decide to dash in to counter it (and eat a gatling instead of missile bait) etc. There are too many scenarios where it's never auspicious for The Flash. If maybe he had armor on his SP meterburn he'd have some form of real assault since everyone just crouches LC meterburn and counter combo punishes or d2. Supes lasers are broken no contest about that. BA with his complete control of the air, superior backdash, and lightning makes it extremely hard to counterattack at all. And AM has range.

A lot of the people that i beat online say Flash is OP, but in reality he still needs fixes

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
batman's 113 and 223 strings are vulnerable to flash d12, but its still hard to pull off. you can mash d2 to trade, but bat gets ahead with chip. in between bat traits & batarangs, you're forced to play defensive and it's lame as fuck. VS green lantern, same thing and the mind fuck of his b13 missile trap can throw you off your game if you decide to dash in to counter it (and eat a gatling instead of missile bait) etc. There are too many scenarios where it's never auspicious for The Flash. If maybe he had armor on his SP meterburn he'd have some form of real assault since everyone just crouches LC meterburn and counter combo punishes or d2. Supes lasers are broken no contest about that. BA with his complete control of the air, superior backdash, and lightning makes it extremely hard to counterattack at all. And AM has range.

A lot of the people that i beat online say Flash is OP, but in reality he still needs fixes
against GL you can always dash forward and be safe unless they cancel into Lift, its that fast, so i just option select it really, if hee does b13 i always dash forward, machine gun isn't fast enough to catch my forward dash. with batman he never has to do those strings, even off a jump in, just do b23 the whole match and cancel into batarangs, its stupid. BA is alot easier to get in on than the other characters on this list, the problem is his backdash and the fact that he is so safe and his b23 leaves him airborn so no full combo punish on whiff. his d1 is a problem but its his footsies and mobility that make it a 6-4 MU. aquaman, as long as you know how to block and play footsies is no more than a 6-4 AM favor in my opinion.

I'm sure everyone has seen me post this before, but Flash being considered anywhere near top 5 is one of the great lies of this game. Anyone who is consistently losing to Flash who plays any top tier character simply does not know the matchup. I would have loved nothing more than to have continued playing him to the end, but I had to drop him after the first month. I've been practicing like hell to get back into him, but 20 frustrating matches later against either GL or BA, and I'm back to batman (whom I've always hated as a character).

I'm sure everyone has seen me post this before, but Flash being considered anywhere near top 5 is one of the great lies of this game. Anyone who is consistently losing to Flash who plays any top tier character simply does not know the matchup. I would have loved nothing more than to have continued playing him to the end, but I had to drop him after the first month. I've been practicing like hell to get back into him, but 20 frustrating matches later against either GL or BA, and I'm back to batman (whom I've always hated as a character).
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll buff Flash again.

It just wouldn't be considered a proper Injustice patch without a Flash buff.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The most honest and intelligent of all Flash Players. You speak the truth. ;)