What's new

Question How Can You Consider Flash Top 5?

Do you have the Flash in your top 5?

• Total voters

SaJa

FH_FenriR
BA- The only thing he can do is run, his lighting cage can be whiff punish, you can vibrate his dive kick, and the first two lighting circles on his trait

WW- you can d2 her when she air dashes, you can whiff punish her lasso spin, d2 her uppercut and it is very easy to get out of her corner pressure

AM- the only thing he has going is his d2 and his trait, you have to smart against him

BM- you can d2 him when tries to cross you up, his only option on wake is to block or back dash against flash, on the 2nd hit of his b223 you can dash forward it

GL- you already know wat he is goin to do b1 bs, the only threat he has is his lighter's might, in this MU yea hav to play a bit more patient.

Zod- he is super glitchy not worth talking about

SM- he cant wake up, u can d2 rising grab and punish low scoop. vibrate through his lasers. the only thing you hav to worry about is his f23 breath.

"The only thing is his trait or d2 play smart" "you can d2 between d1 and lightning hands" "zod is glitched", blablabla.
I know what I have to do, it doesn't change the fact that those characters are stronger than Flash, end of story.

I also can do what you did in the opposite way.

"Aquaman has to play smart against Flash, and Flash can't LK MB for combo anyway". lol..
"superman the only thing flash has to worry about is f23 breath but obviously, flash don't have any projectile so you'll have to deal with it every single time you wanna hit him"
"Flash can't d2 WW's OTG in corner"

ok I'll stop here because it's non sens to me. I know it's not 1-9 matchups, just saying it's 4-6 for all of those because Flash needs to do more effort to win than the opponent. He doesn't have the same risk/reward than the real top 5.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
"The only thing is his trait or d2 play smart" "you can d2 between d1 and lightning hands" "zod is glitched", blablabla.
I know what I have to do, it doesn't change the fact that those characters are stronger than Flash, end of story.

I also can do what you did in the opposite way.

"Aquaman has to play smart against Flash, and Flash can't LK MB for combo anyway". lol..
"superman the only thing flash has to worry about is f23 breath but obviously, flash don't have any projectile so you'll have to deal with it every single time you wanna hit him"
"Flash can't d2 WW's OTG in corner"

ok I'll stop here because it's non sens to me. I know it's not 1-9 matchups, just saying it's 4-6 for all of those because Flash needs to do more effort to win than the opponent. He doesn't have the same risk/reward than the real top 5.
Me and u hav 2 different flashes then bcuz I dont hav any trouble at all against these characters, yes u are goin hav to deal with their bs but its not as difficult as wat u think and wat ur saying

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Me and u hav 2 different flashes then bcuz I dont hav any trouble at all against these characters, yes u are goin hav to deal with their bs but its not as difficult as wat u think and wat ur saying

I think we don't have the same opponents.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
So not as bas as all Flash say means 5-5 to you ? did you play REO, smargasm, pig, f0xy as Zyphox did ?
No, but I watch how they play and watch other ppl who use the same characters ( upset reo cuz there no other good MMH besides him that I know of) and they are no too different

In all honesty, Flash is good very good. From a MU perspective he has very few bad match ups that I have played against. I do feel like my scene is relatively strong, no they are not the best at every character etc. The least experience I have is Aquaman, but when I did it did not feel bad after the last patch. My harder matchups? WW, BA, Grundy. I think NW is tough but I do not have a lot of NW players here.

Now I will say this though. Flash does not have many overpowering match ups either which makes Flash feel a little weak. But reviewing what I just said he has few bad and few good ones which makes it easy to say "You lose with Flash because the other guy was better." That is the truth if you want to accept it or not, you lost because you are not good enough with Flash. My only advice is to get better, learn the match ups, and never be content with being comfortable with a MU you want to learn the match up until you dominate it.

Having tight matchup numbers to me means he is a very strong character as he cannot be counter picked easily.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
his d2 shoudl not crush mids

his d2 should NOT be + on block (who thought this up? I blame M2Dave)

You have to always respect his Jump ins..... and you always have to respect his frametraps.

He crushes armor for free

When Superman gets nerfed..... they'll all run to this fool. (getit??)

You have to always respect his Jump ins..... and you always have to respect his frametraps.

I can agree with the first 2 and the last line lol so we going to play or no?

1st, no one can wake up reason is bcuz, not only you have the RMS set up but you can simply back dash when your right in their face and make most wake ups whiff or mb f3 . You have to constantly keep your opponent guessing on which one your doing. 2nd the corner pressure 50/50 is only readable when your just doing a simple pattern. There are plenty of things you can do in the corner to keep your opponent guessing for example most flash players know this, jump 2 make them block put them in a 50/50 or if you know their wake ups can whiff, back dash wait f21 or you can mb f3 when they wake up usually i use this for players with a slide (KF). If you do a combination of all this your opponent will nvr know wat your doing. 3rd I will say this again he can do watever he wants, yes some players my control the pace if you let them. But you can do the same shit to all characters, yes u might hav to be more patient in certain MUs but there is no character (upset DD) that is keeping flash from being flash. And last his trait. I do agree that there is not much use with his trait other than wat u said but you can also use it one a zoning is trying to zone u and get rite in their face.
He can keep the opponent guessing? That's your explanation? Welcome to fighting games....And anyone can punish a whiffed wakeup, and they don't need to do it with a back dash either. When I see your flash beat the best aquaman, batman, superman, black adam, and green lantern players and place highly in a major (anyone's flash really) then you'll get my apology and allegiance. Until then, stop using the phrase "he can do whatever he wants." That's just absurd.

yet MB Charge is the armor destroyer supreme

Thats what makes him good... you have to always respect his frame traps because of how quickly he hits you. Even Grundy can't just WC through anything

No one is overreacting, he's good against everyone. Sure he has SLIGHT holes... but nothing that he can't cover up.
He is a button pushers best friend.
I'm genuinely curious, do you post things you dislike/disagree about with other characters? Characters that are universally considered good, or perhaps even overpowered, that have the tournament top 8 attendance to back up their placement?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

lol i had this dude do d2 d2 d2 to me and it took me until the second d2 to remember this is a frametrap lol

Folux182

Noob
Definitely does not need any buffs, wasn't saying that at all. I just feel that people need to stop bitching about this character and learn the match up. It's absurd how many people do things that are unsafe against the Flash then bitch about it when they get punished. If you see Superman sitting on full meter and you're half life, are you going to something unsafe? No, because you know he's going to punish with dem 2 frames.

I was joking on my part too. I honestly think he's a great character. He's got an excellent rush down game. The only thing the bugs me every now and then is when my mids whiff on crouching characters but i know there are other characters with the same problem.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm genuinely curious, do you post things you dislike/disagree about with other characters? Characters that are universally considered good, or perhaps even overpowered, that have the tournament top 8 attendance to back up their placement?
I'm more curious as to why you'd ask such an asinine question.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
BA, WW, aquaman, batman, GL, Zod, MMH, Superman are for sure bad matchups for flash. He has a lot of 5-5.

Everyone can whiff punish a wakeup. Shazam can backdash BA's lightning cage and punish it with b2, command grab.
RMS has risky options because most of them are punishable.

Flash's corner game is weaker than WW or Superman's corner game.
you are a pretty big downplayer aren't you? flash has THE best corner game, WW very close second.

Maybe, I do not have that much experience on this matchup, all I know is that Flash has no projectile to trade and if he moves he'll eat a special. The only reason I think it's 5-5 is because Raven's wakeup game sucks and Flash has resets.
you can just walk forward and press down when you see her move her arms, you may need something called reactions though. then MB LC punish. MMH is 5 - 5, W - W is 5- 5 and AM is 5 - 5 IMO you also have to mention how he beats cyborg, bane, grundy at least 7- 3. he beats lex, shazam, raven, DS, joker, harley, killer frost and lobo 6-4. the rest are 5 - 5. he may also beat scorpion, but idk haven't played a good scorpion since the nerf.

I'm more curious as to why you'd ask such an asinine question.
The question isn't asinine at all, it was pretty honest. I AM curious. In the most un-dick way possible. And if the answer is 'no,' then all that means is that you've been blown up by a flash player and you simply do not know the match up. You go ahead and take it as you will.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The question isn't asinine at all, it was pretty honest. I AM curious. In the most un-dick way possible. And if the answer is 'no,' then all that means is that you've been blown up by a flash player and you simply do not know the match up. You go ahead and take it as you will.
I probably understand him just as much as anyone here.

but when his d2 is a MID crush..... something is wrong.

I simply pointed out things that seemed like they were just "tossed in" to make him better... and not really tested at all.

My posts have nothing to do with how I play... who I play...... when I play.....
They are about the character.

Ask Qwark28 how much I liked Black Adams Dive kick.

you are a pretty big downplayer aren't you? flash has THE best corner game, WW very close second.

you can just walk forward and press down when you see her move her arms, you may need something called reactions though. then MB LC punish. MMH is 5 - 5, W - W is 5- 5 and AM is 5 - 5 IMO you also have to mention how he beats cyborg, bane, grundy at least 7- 3. he beats lex, shazam, raven, DS, joker, harley, killer frost and lobo 6-4. the rest are 5 - 5. he may also beat scorpion, but idk haven't played a good scorpion since the nerf.
lol You mean he beats all those characters that don't matter?!?!? Joking...at least with KF.
On a side note, I'd love to play you in some casuals sir. If your gonna be at the marlboro tourney at the end of the month, I'd love to pick your brain. Your confidence in this characters abilities totally intrigues me. I watch alot of your videos, your mistakes seem to be similar to mine (mostly involving a slightly stricter timing then the rest of the cast, especially online) and yet you've stuck with him. Been trying to get back into him, but opponents that I can go 30-5 against with batman can almost even the score with flash. The easy answer would be that I'm just not as good with one character as I am the other. But I've been playing him since launch, which is why I'm so outspoken on him being just an unknown MU to most of the community. My teammates are used to his shenanigans. But fuck all that, let's play sometime.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
lol You mean he beats all those characters that don't matter?!?!? Joking...at least with KF.
On a side note, I'd love to play you in some casuals sir. If your gonna be at the marlboro tourney at the end of the month, I'd love to pick your brain. Your confidence in this characters abilities totally intrigues me. I watch alot of your videos, your mistakes seem to be similar to mine (mostly involving a slightly stricter timing then the rest of the cast, especially online) and yet you've stuck with him. Been trying to get back into him, but opponents that I can go 30-5 against with batman can almost even the score with flash. The easy answer would be that I'm just not as good with one character as I am the other. But I've been playing him since launch, which is why I'm so outspoken on him being just an unknown MU to most of the community. My teammates are used to his shenanigans. But fuck all that, let's play sometime.
sure man, i'll try to be there in malboro at the end of the month, and if not am online on psn and xbl.

I probably understand him just as much as anyone here.

but when his d2 is a MID crush..... something is wrong.

I simply pointed out things that seemed like they were just "tossed in" to make him better... and not really tested at all.

My posts have nothing to do with how I play... who I play...... when I play.....
They are about the character.

Ask Qwark28 how much I liked Black Adams Dive kick.
I feel like I'm an above average player. My two losses at Infinite Crisis were to ChrisG and DarthArma, of which I have zero mu experience with GA or the mirror. Everyone else I beat pretty easily. My friends aren't household names to the game themselves, but they KNOW flash, because I've been playing him forever. He's much more...linear then batman. If I'm wrong, I would love to be shown what it is that I'm not incorporating in my game. It's very frustrating to me, because I hate batman as a character, and love the flash.

Flash has a breaking point once you learn enough about him you will start seeing matchups in a different light. The main advantage is that his mechanics allow for better play through the player.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
He can keep the opponent guessing? That's your explanation? Welcome to fighting games....And anyone can punish a whiffed wakeup, and they don't need to do it with a back dash either. When I see your flash beat the best aquaman, batman, superman, black adam, and green lantern players and place highly in a major (anyone's flash really) then you'll get my apology and allegiance. Until then, stop using the phrase "he can do whatever he wants." That's just absurd.
If ur opponent cant figure wat ur doin u hav the advantage. If everyone can whiff punish then why dont I see constantly. How bout I play u so u can understand that flash can watever he wants.