What's new

How can Mk12 be better than Mk11?

SLy

Noob
Bring the Kung fu back.
Leave the Dc super hero influence.
Give me Shaolin monks 2 with multiplayer. Traditional fighter format seems to not be their specialty nowadays.‍
Longer Beta tests.

smoke420

Noob
MK12 - Slated for release may 2025.

1. babalities , mercy, brutalities, & 3-4 fatalities each character
  2. cleavage... just a little.. only cetrion got some in mk11
  3. from mk9... speed of play, pokes, dashing, breakers, xrays.
  4. real TAG mode
  5. stage fatality & transitions
  6. jax,sonya,johnny out.... try i dont know, maybe RAIN,smoke,cyrax, quan chi, , 3d players, motaro, mileena...
  7. bring back steve ritchie as shao kahn voice with his comments during the match
  8. skarlet
  9. no variations
  10. old meter system

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Personally I like MK11 more than any orther MK iteration, so my proposal will part from the idea of polishing the ideas included in this game:
  • Maintain the current core gameplay based on neutral game, improving or changing some things like the poking system. Please, don't return to MKX rushdown centered gameplay.
  • No custom variations, only preset variations, but really fleshed out around archetypes and designed to be complementary to each other. Perhaps, only two variations per character would be better, if they really feel like different characters with common base moves, instead of the same character with different specials.
  • Get rid of FB
  • Further development of the KB mechanic, polishing its functioning and balancing.
  • Maintain the meter building mechanic as it is
  • Don't get rid of classic characters and popular new ones (like Cassie).
  • Get rid of ToT for the most part. Some udeas, like collaborative boss towers are great, but most of them are just boring and worthless, as the modificators mechanic is annoying, not fun.
  • Further development of aesthetic customization.
  • Crazy big roster.
To be honest what I want in the future is something like an Ultimate MK11, polished, enhanced and reworked in some departments, but faithful to the core MK11 mechanics

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
*Run comes back but run speeds are decreased all around, cancel frames remain the same
*Stamina system from MKX comes back. Getting hit while expending stamina, ie: running/rolling, will drain all of it
*Wakeup roll[MK11] and Dodge roll[IJ2] comes back using the stamina bar as the cost
*Perfect blocking comes back and gives meter depending on the framedata of the move, ie: faster the move then the more bar
*Offensive and Defensive meter separated except when doing breakers which should make a return at 3 bars
*Pushblock should be added but takes half a bar of meter and stamina and resets to neutral
*Teleports not being super free
*Stop giving non zoning variations straight projectiles that have fast startups and stop giving out straight full screen projectiles in general. There are other ways to make *zoners besides straight and fast projectiles.
*Projectiles should have a property system and be able to clash so it adds more to balance
*There should be variations that specialize on mixups/setups/zoning/rushdown/grappler/ect
*Variations [if they return] should be exactly like MKX cause MK11 variations are a disaster.
*Remove krushing blows and make fatal blows be meter dependent again.
*Bring back first hit meter but only make it half so characters cant just instantly start their pressure for free.
*Give me back my combos god damn it
*Return armored moves
*Faster gameplay

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
i honestly hope mk12 doesnt come out for a while and they support this game until its perfect.
Ok, I wrote many things but what I really want can be summarise with this exact quote.

On a side note: guys, stop asking for a faster game, my old ass reflexes can barely handle the current pace of the game lmao

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I like variations. But how they did them in this game is a step back from MKX. For starters we only got 2, and those variations seemed rush. Like they were too focused on customs, then changed their mind last minute and had to quickly build variations based around the custom mechanics of 3 points. With MKX the variations were built with variations in mind. In MK11 they limited themselves to another decision they already made to the detriment of tournament variations.

Gaxkang

Banned
To be better they'd have to overhaul their fighting system and their philosophy of making a fighting game.

MK11 is at the bottom of the barrel of fighting games when it comes to gameplay. It's not alone there, but it is there.

Presentation and content-wise they got things down pat.

To be better they'd have to overhaul their fighting system and their philosophy of making a fighting game.

MK11 is at the bottom of the barrel of fighting games when it comes to gameplay. It's not alone there, but it is there.

Presentation and content-wise they got things down pat.
If you mean "i want a game more like Street Fighter" then a big NO.

More new characters. I can't overstate that enough, MKX was an amazing entry thanks to that, and they also brought back Shinnok, Bo'Rai Cho, Tanya and Tremor, it was an amazing roster. Didn't really feel that about MK11, 3 new characters and others are all MK1~MK3 except for Frost, really samey to me, at least they didn't drown it in ninjas so that's something I guess.

Hey guys this is my first time posting but I’ve been thinking about something for a while... now, here is what I would like to see come Mortal Kombat 12. is it just me or would others like to see a full cast game again? Yes, just like Armageddon. That was a game not many people liked but the character roster was amazing! That way it can give netherealm a chance to revive all the older classic characters that were only in one or two games and give us players a chance to play and get to know those characters. Also I think it would be dope to see another open world conquest mode like from mk deception. (Deception is my favorite btw). Also the mini games like chess and puzzle combat were dope. They def need mini games in the up coming game. Another comeback I’d like to see is map punishment. And by that here is what I mean. Remember in the other console games if you got too close to a corner, depending on the map, you can get thrown through the wall or whatever it was to a new area of the map, or be sent down into a pit of spikes. It wasn’t stage fatalities at the time it was just something you could do during match.
I refer to the old games a lot because, don’t get me wrong, I like the nether realm mk games. There isn’t a Mortal Kombat that I really don’t like. They are all good in my opinion, but the older midway games like deception have my heart lol.
There is more I’d like to see in the new games to come but these things are on top for me in what I’d like to see. What are your opinions? Sorry for the long post. There is so much in my head I can talk about!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
  1. More guests, preferably returning. I want Freddy vs. Jason
  2. Bring back guest NPC appearances of unplayable characters in the story like MKX, but way more. It's a nice nod to the characters being part of the world even if there wasn't enough design space for them on the roster
  3. The fewer male ninjas the better, honestly. MK11 did a good job on this one
  4. All Kombat Kids present, but none of their respective parents / elders (Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Scorpion, and Kenshi)
  5. With Sonya gone, Kano has no purpose so cut him
  6. More color. MK11 is a step in the right direction from the visual shitshow that was MKX, but they can do more
  7. Orderrealm and Chaosrealm representation
  8. Kitana gets a variation with Tanya's tanfas
  9. Despite Liu's best efforts, D'Vorah still shows up in the new timeline and kills someone (preferably one of the Kombat Kids)
  10. Drahmin pre-order bonus
  11. Krypt is now a mini RPG akin to the old Konquest mode
  12. Mileena never exists in Liu's new timeline
  13. More stages available in the base game, including a few more classics (even if they're modern takes on said classics)
  14. D'Vorah survives yet another full story
Some of these are serious, some are sarcasm. I'll let yall decide which.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Naw I think he meant the complete opposite. This game tried to be SF and is failing at it. They tried to make things more "neutral based" similar to SF where you throw out a sequence then either jump in/throw/throw out another sequence then try to stagger all to bait a reaction. It makes sense in SF because not everyone has a teleport or projectile that goes full screen. They tried to keep the "MK feel" while giving us SF gameplay and it ended up terribly because that MK feel is everything SF is not.

They need to stop trying to follow these other fighting games and go their own route. MKX and MK9 both felt different from other Fighting games and I would like to see them expand on that playstyle a lot more. It seems like they caved in to people whining about MK not being like other traditional FG's and made MK11.

Gaxkang

Banned
It doesn't have to be like SF but it just needs to be better. I view the game as a WWE...less a fighting game and just "fighting entertainment" heh.

I was fighting a Sonya the other day and most of the fight was them just shooting projectiles across the screen, or dropping out of the sky. Up close it's will it be overhead or low, and can I do anything on block. And it's an online fight and they get away with mashing D3 even when blocked.
And I don't wanna counterpick or counterpick with something cheap.
I just don't view that as "fighting".

The game boasts about being about "footsies and neutral" but it makes no sense with so much neutral skipping stuff (unreactable even), stubby moves often times, lack of punishment.
And MK having crazy moves....then it has to be better balanced to have them really.

And SF's combo system is more intuitive than MK's...making it more like that in that instance wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially since some characters need the one touch and combo a lot of life off style more than others to be competitive.
And it's not even just SF...inputting moves in Tekken is better than MK.

And being able to jump over projectiles that shouldn't be so difficult, and making anti-airing work better would make the game better.

D1 features a lot in the in the game, but even with the new patch, online at least, jailing into a high off D1 hit still seems kinda not there.

The game just doesn't feel right.

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Banned
Naw I think he meant the complete opposite. This game tried to be SF and is failing at it. They tried to make things more "neutral based" similar to SF where you throw out a sequence then either jump in/throw/throw out another sequence then try to stagger all to bait a reaction. It makes sense in SF because not everyone has a teleport or projectile that goes full screen. They tried to keep the "MK feel" while giving us SF gameplay and it ended up terribly because that MK feel is everything SF is not.

They need to stop trying to follow these other fighting games and go their own route. MKX and MK9 both felt different from other Fighting games and I would like to see them expand on that playstyle a lot more. It seems like they caved in to people whining about MK not being like other traditional FG's and made MK11.
With some tweaks they could have their own thing and have a good fighting system I think. But it's like they got this formula they won't budge from and in MK11 just doesn't feel right. I can't give praise to any aspect of the gameplay really.

Injustice 2 had issues as well, but I think it was the better game gameplay-wise vs. what MK11 has turned out to be. and I think part of that had to do with the universal launchers it had too.

SinkFla

Noob
That name is killing me.

2v2 Tag.
NO VARIATIONS.
Either get rid of gear completely or actually make items unique and more varied (I'd prefer the first).
Online 2v2 (4 player)bonus mode and online tournament (with brackets) modes.
A large amount of stages including old klassics with additional stages released over time as free DLC.
Meter system from MK11 returns BUT:
Air Escapes are gone and Breakers are back in.
Pushback is a metered function.
Knockbacks and Tag In Counters are in.