What's new

How can Mk12 be better than Mk11?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@Blazeglory88 Hell fucking no, but im talking about the listening to people part. Most people (i dont know about you) only say they like mk9 because they can go back and use all the tech that was found by people like me who actually took the time to lab the game. Trust me the same people hating on mk11 will love it when mk12 is out.

Mk11 is 9 but actually good now, i dont want them listening to people who complain about things they dont even understand (not you).

Of course its not perfect but most of the complaints are people who play with high ping wanting them to change the game for them.

Gaxkang

Banned
Of course its not perfect but most of the complaints are people who play with high ping wanting them to change the game for them.
I think it's overestimation that most complaints come from folks with not so great internet.

But when content is locked behind playing online, and playing online fights is a featured/promoted aspect of the game, then judgments associated with that gameplay will follow the game itself around...like forever.
And some folks will never get some content, even if they really really want it.

Remove low pokes. Replace them with full strings that crush highs. That would drasticly improve the presentation of the game , while also making the game feel better. I don't think anyone enjoys having to constantly jab someone in the ankles.
Ain't that the truth. D1, D3, D4 goddammit... who fights like that!?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
But what made 11 better than 9?
If you are complaining about tech that people used that other people found then that is an issue with all games. Actually its a non issue since the moment the tech is used it is out there for anyone to use and abuse.

SixPathsOfHate

I love that you bring up MK11 as an example as to why we should listen to the right people
What is this image suppose to mean? Do you mean the supposes SJW presence that people say is apart of the game?
I dont mind these costumes and some of them are nice looking but do all of them make sense?
Jade can get away with covering up more since sex appeal isnt one of her main tools
Mileena should always be half nude because she uses her sex appeal to lure people along with being super deadly
Jaqui should just rock more tech. She seems like someone who would wear a uniform, not a dress of skirt. Honestly she shoulda had the look that Cass had
Skarlet should also have less clothing because of her powers. She shouldnt be covering up and should actually welcome small cuts and bruises to her as they let her release more blood. Her whole playstyle seems off in this game as I expected her to be more of a Blood style Yang[RWBY] who gets stronger the more you maim her.

These outfits are fine but showing cleavage isnt bad and is one of the charms women have. Its no different than a man wearing a tight shirt to show off their abs. People lose their shit over clothing or the lack of.

SixPathsOfHate

I just dont want MK turning into SF or other fighting games that we already have. It had a nice formula and did things differently which is a welcome change.
What has MK always been about?
Big flashy combos
Setups and votexes
Fast combat
Jank turned up to 11
Gore
Unrealistic standards
Punch first ask questions while punching

These are what I define as MK. Lots of bullshit and ways around said bullshit with gore and some thought put in. It is super hectic and combos are sexy.
MK11 is missing a bit more than a few of these and it shows.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I just hope that when NRS is planning the layout for MK12 some 4 years into the future all this talk from the community telling them "Yea we like the 9th one the best you guys should look into that" doesn't fall on deaf ears.
Exactly but they will prob try to get fancy, change shit too much and wont be like mk 9 lol. But I hope you're right man, agree. Mk 9 like game with support of.mk 11 and kustomization cosmetically from mk 11 but improve it. Let us color the outfits, pieces that would be sweet.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
Are you saying you play MK only for the costumes on women? This current discussion is about balance and gameplay, not eye candy. Go take that shit elsewhere as there's already been more than enough pointless outrage about it.
You missed the point. Have a nice day.
And if gameplay makes fighting games good then MK11 is objectively one of the worst ever made. RNG, 50-50s, Little to no combo-ing which leads to a slow pace nobody asked for, Lootboxes, etc.

That is near impossible. No fighting game will be without 50/50's (guess/mix/mind games) it is deeply rooted in fighting games.
I think most of the people complaining about 50/50's or basic concepts like strike throw simply don't know what they want. If things so basic as a simple strike/throw mixup was removed from MK it would be a train wreck and possibly the most boring game.
I'm using "Meta" in reference to the acronym: "most effective tactics available"; it's referring to whatever the dominant strategy is in a competitive game. I'm not saying to remove those elements, just to make the most effective strategy be something different next time around.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
You missed the point. Have a nice day.
And if gameplay makes fighting games good then MK11 is objectively one of the worst ever made. RNG, 50-50s, Little to no combo-ing which leads to a slow pace nobody asked for, Lootboxes, etc.
Forgive me for missing the "point" when all you said was "I love that you bring up MK11 as an example as to why we should listen to the right people." Maybe next time you should elaborate on your point and use images as visual aid instead of assuming people will completely understand you from just a picture and a vague lead-in.

Also, don't be throwing around "objectively" like you have the expertise to say that, especially when you follow it up with your own personal opinions. RNG I'll give you due to the hitbox shenanigans, but the others we'll have to disagree on.

50-50s: literally all 3 games have had various characters with these, with MKX being disgustingly full of them. Are you just saying there aren't enough?
No comboing: definitely not the right way to word this as there are combos going around everywhere (see: Johnny, Kitana, Geras, Sonya, Cetrion, Noob, Jacqui, D'Vorah, Baraka, Cassie, Kabal, Kano, Kollector, Lao, Scorpion, Frost and Shao), they're just not 8-10s+ long like MKX's endless juggles
Slow pace nobody asked for: I asked for it. I genuinely hated how MKX played and found MK9 to be an unbalanced, gimmicky mess when games got serious
Lootboxes: there's literally no lootboxes in the game. Where on earth did you get this from?

I can't help to look uncomfortable at most of the animations and art decisions NRS makes recentley. Idk where it went wrong but it's really putting me off lol

stiff jumps and uncomfortable pokes i can live with. But i have hard time to enjoy the combat animations and art choices in the last 2 MK games.

--- Visually wise ----

• Better animations
  • More martial arts/fantasy inspired character archetypes
  • More purples, Portals & shadow priests in the background
  • No Injustice animations
--- Gameplay wise ----

• More mobility
  • No variations
  • Faster movement
  • Change X ray mechanic
--- Content wise ----

• Tag combat
  • Klassic cheats
  • Less guest characters
Basically more like MK9. The base was really solid. Build and improve on what was in there. More MK/realms/ninjas & less Injustice/ special forces
Maybe its time for some fresh blood in NRS

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mileena should always be half nude because she uses her sex appeal to lure people along with being super deadly

These outfits are fine but showing cleavage isnt bad and is one of the charms women have. Its no different than a man wearing a tight shirt to show off their abs. People lose their shit over clothing or the lack of.
I'm pretty sure you can have sex appeal without being half-nude.

Saying a woman has to be wearing next to nothing to be sexy is super patriarchal and an extremely outdated belief. It's just a terrible argument overall.

I don't know why a couple people keep bringing this up in every thread. You notice they never complain about the male outfits. It's just a distraction from the real issues.

I don't know why a couple people keep bringing this up in every thread. You notice they never complain about the male outfits. It's just a distraction from the real issues.
Male outfits, especially in MK11, are sexualised as hell. Also mostly cooler than female outfits, despite having few mix and match options. A bit sad that all the cool stuff i.e. tux Johnny is DLC.

Umm... Right :rolleyes:

Look at Kabal, he's a regular striptease. Just with emphysema and wearing 6 layers of padding/armor.
The scars are optional. And in my layout he's wearing a rather small jacket. You can also outfit him with a pretty tight shirt.
I'm not complaining about that though.
I wish we could give Erron more of a cowboy stripper aesthetic.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
You mean with the recent halloween skins not being included in it?
I'd say Guilty Gear and MK are vastly different experiences.
I mean “full support” means the first kombat pack won’t be all the way out till March of next fckin year.

I also hate the kryp, the gimmicks, and that more guest characters are non-MK than are.

And also, yeah, some sex appeal couldn’t hurt.

Guilty Gear is a different experience; a good one.