What's new

How can Mk12 be better than Mk11?

I agree with everyone saying no variations. They've got to go, give us full and complete characters instead of pruning the shit out of everyone and expecting half ass variations to make it up. Get rid of fatal blows entirely. You shouldn't get a free fuck you button for losing. I like KBs, it's a distinctly MK way of introducing a counter hit system. But they need to be balanced better. The disparity between someone like Johnny and Geras is too great. Remove the special properties on throws, I.E. getting grabbed out of the startup frames of a d2. Just make them a normal high. And no more 50/50 throws. Wtf is that. Also not every character needs to have a projectile that's amazing. Someone like kang shouldn't have 3 projectiles on top of his insane up close game.

Also adding character diversity and archetypes back. Feels like every character in mk11 has the same lame ass strike/throw/stagger game plan and it contributes to it getting very stale very fast. A ranked system that's worth a shit is a must as well. Mk11 will be in 2020 with no real meaningful ranks or a connection filter. And please add combo diversity back. I've been watching the same fucking combos since day 1 because there truly is no other option.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
For me nrs games always have this 50/50 footsies system. I would love to see something like Sf where each hit of a string (Sf or gg or such games use links but idea is the same) pushes ur opponent further away and ur turn is over when he’s far off not run up 50\50 oh he blocked it now he 50/50s me. Impossible to have a real footsie game like this. Imo it’s because of this problem why strings like liu Kang prenerf f4 see so much utility.
Oh btw get rid of the switch stance button. Shit is dumb. Replace it with a sway or new global mechanic (cancel or something)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Game is close to perfect the way it is...but

1. FB/KB need toned down. We don't need extreme come back mechanics.

2. No more variations. The meta still boils down to 1, maybe 2 variations per characters. Just give us complete characters. I'm also sick of learning all these vatiations. It's boring.

3. No more 50/50 throws, or throws that lead to oki midscreen. Strike/throw is probably the biggest issue in the game.

4. Please do better with hitboxes, NRS...please.
This 100% .... plus bring back Mileena ..... :p

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Im just hoping they do away with the decline button. Maybe then the room wont be filled with a buncha scared vaginas using ping as their excuse
#nerfdecline

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Simple, be like MK 9 but with the patch support of I2 and MK 11. No more variation gimmicks, ditch it, no more who can out stagger who mechanics, make wake ups good again and not shitty. Bring back breakers, get rid of the FB and breakway. Neither are as good as breakers. Oh and make Raiden actually viable and bring Ermac back along with tag mode. Story is always amazing so no complaints there and ditch Kombat League, just let us get the rewards via single player. I don't want to have to deal with the BS, cheaters and glitches just to "rank up" to get awards, skins, gear etc. Increase the speed like MK 9's dashing speed, it was perfect. Fluid, nobody felt slow yet not super fast like MK X running 50/50 either. They want rolls, again make it like MK 9 where I can roll back or forward without spending meter. I would also get rid of Fatal Blows and KB's, they're gimmicky as well. Just give us back recharge meter Super/Xray. Fix throws so that they aren't as OP, if someone ducks and pokes that should get you out of a throw. Keep 50/50's to a minimal. Make it like MK 9 but even more like oldschool MK.

This is what I would do for MK 12 but time will tell. I doubt it'll happen but my wish.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
absolutely not. you can't just delete people's favorite characters on a whim. johnny being a very popular character.
While I feel you do have a good point, we must remember NRS did punk the Ermac, Smoke, Reptile and Mileena fans. I mean not for nothing but I would bet my big toe more people would want the characters mentioned over Sonya, Jax especially. Johnny would be missed but we have Cassie now who is literally Johnny Cage 2.0 the female version. Sonya is dead now, I know the whole new timeline MK Universe gig but I wouldn't mind missing a few games without Sonya, Jax and even Johnny honestly. We have their kids now.

Last edited:
While I feel you do have a good point, we must remember NRS did punk the Ermac, Smoke, Reptile and Mileena fans. I mean not for nothing but I would bet my big toe more people would want the characters mentioned over Sonya, Jax especially. Johnny would be missed but we have Cassie now who is literally Johnny Cage 2.0 the female version. Sonya is dead now, I know the whole new timeline MK Universe gig but I wouldn't mind missing a few games without Sonya, Jax and even Johnny honestly. We have their kids now.
they shouldn't have deleted popular ninjas for lames like kollector and cetrion. honestly sonya can stay gone though. the kids have never been good replacement. all i ever hear is those damn kombat kids with cassie being the best one.

Kollector’s honestly a great idea for a character imo, just poor execution.

I really don’t like being able to play as an Elder God. It fucks with the feeling of them being overpowered monsters that would dominate anyone in a fight. It’s like the Cage family vs. Shinnok, but the roles are reversed.

Gamer68

Fujin!
  • No more variations.
  • Better character archetypes, like proper grapplers.
  • Normalize female hurtboxes (still can't believe there are whiffing issues against females).
  • Better wake-up system.
  • Don't make Special Forces the focus of the story again.
  • Bring back more characters that haven't been in an MK game for a decade or so.
  • Better single-player modes. Random modifier towers are getting boring, bring back the klassic mini-games, modes like Chess Kombat, or something entirely new.
  • Better and more rewards for playing multiplayer, a lot of unlocks in MK11 require you to play Towers of Time/Krypt but you should be able to unlock most things grinding Ranked as well.
  • Improved Ranked, match making, and declining options.
  • And the thing I want the most: CROSS PLAY

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The truth is that every MK’s base fighting game is pretty different from one another, it’s kind of like picking out of a hat and what they get is what they put in.

personally I see 3 realistic ways of improvement:

(1): Removal of micro transactions/ multiple currencies/ randomized krypT

(2): Far better communication and reveals where there is no dry period, while at the same time keeping the hype train

(3): removal of the variation system and instead a focus on a more complete one character

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Better animation and hit reactions

Ditch variations

Actual counterhit mechanics for ALL NORMALS (like different advantage on counterhit or a different hit reaction) not gimmicky krushing blow nonsense

More unique normals, more command normals

No more mobile gamey grind modes

Less guests, keep legacy characters with their legacy styles (ie dont turn Sub Zero from a defensive reactionary character to a brainless high low machine)

Lose the ez meter management for dummies mode and bring back normal meter mechanics