What's new

How can Mk12 be better than Mk11?

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
1) no variations at all needed. No custom variations (because 95% of moves and animations will be ussless, you have 1-2 best builds and 95% of players will play with that), better make more characters, than custom and simple variations

2) No Jackui Hao

3) No Hsu Briggs

4) different online-servers for wi-fi subhumans

That name is killing me.

2v2 Tag.
NO VARIATIONS.
Either get rid of gear completely or actually make items unique and more varied (I'd prefer the first).
Online 2v2 (4 player)bonus mode and online tournament (with brackets) modes.
A large amount of stages including old klassics with additional stages released over time as free DLC.
Meter system from MK11 returns BUT:
Air Escapes are gone and Breakers are back in.
Pushback is a metered function.
Knockbacks and Tag In Counters are in.
Lol it’s my gamer tag too. I surprisingly get a lot of complements on it haha

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Realistically MK12 is at least 3-4 years away, so while I'm not against thinking up ways to improve the franchise in the future, it seems a bit premature.
Actually now is the best moment to talk about it due to how nrs works, and I'm pretty sure they are taking notes for the next mk title. If they keep the 2 year cycle, next game (possibly injustice or a surprise) is probably half made with roster and mechanics decided. Soon they will start looking for ideas to put in the next mk game, thinking about the roster, etc.

People usually share their ideas for a game like one year before its release, when it's totally useless since the core is already done.

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
The other realms should have been added to MK12's storyline. i am just tired of netherrealm and it's revenants and the earthrealm special forces agency.
I've mentioned it before, but I would love to see Onaga make a return with him and his cronies going through the realms and gathering the kamidogu, and the realms teaming up to stop him

trufenix

bye felicia
Just a quick reminder that 11 is more successful and has more players than 10 and 10 had way more than 9.

So, kombat kids, sjw costume designs, guest characters and variations will all be back in 12.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Just a quick reminder that 11 is more successful and has more players than 10 and 10 had way more than 9.

So, kombat kids, sjw costume designs, guest characters and variations will all be back in 12.
Popularity of fighting games as a whole got a huge boost when DBFZ came out and brought a whole slew of new players to the genre. Some went on to play other fighting games and found their love for the genre. The only thing that probably affected the sales was the guest characters. The "sjw" costumes is part of the current trend to the foreseeable trend which changes year to year. Kombat kids is just NRS trying to expand their story so it doesnt look like they are repeating the same thing.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Avoid repeating mkx mixfest meta or mk11 strike/throw meta and please god no Injustice zoning meta; make something new!
That is near impossible. No fighting game will be without 50/50's (guess/mix/mind games) it is deeply rooted in fighting games.
I think most of the people complaining about 50/50's or basic concepts like strike throw simply don't know what they want. If things so basic as a simple strike/throw mixup was removed from MK it would be a train wreck and possibly the most boring game.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I was a big fan of MK9 and MKX but it seems everyone has forgotten what MK9 was like. There was so much wrong with that game despite it being a great game in my top 5.
I absolutely do not want MK12 to be like MK9. I have MK9 and don't need another besides NRS said they don't like copying previous titles.

The problems I've seen with MK11 isn't the mix or strike throw or even jump ins its:

• Micro transactions and RNG chests
  • The limiting Variation System
  • lack of comboabilty and character depth.
  • No WiFi Filter and 150ms being the cutoff.
  • TOT grind for cosmetics instead of ranked play for all skins.
I don't think everyone gives NRS credit for the amount of accomplishments they achieved in MK11:
- Characters have been drastically toned down compared to MK9 & MKX. No character in MK11 even comes close to the broken tools in 9/X.

• There poke system is actually good now if you understand the meta and France data.
  • They put counters in almost everything so nearly every character can play the Strike/Throw meta and deal with even the strongest tools.
  • they made MK11 more footsie based than the last MK. Despite the F Neutral tools in this game its worlds better than MKX where you slap 50/50's and armor turn steals with run button to stay glued on the defender hitting them with 50/50's on top of HTB's, Unblockable, and +20 to +30 on block cancel pressure that looped.
This game is about recognizing patterns and using counters or spacing/shimmys to beat your opponents. And the counters built in is actually beautifully implemented.

What I want fixed in 11 the most is Hitboxes and Hurtboxes and possibly even out the KB's across the cast. That alone would be a game changer.
I'd also be happy with Customs being legal in ranked but I fear they would tone down the moves I'd like.

the execution barrier should be pretty high.
this would keep most of you out the game.
both the game and the competitive playerbase benefit from this. the nrs scene needs to be cleaned up from all the scrublords.

trufenix

bye felicia
Popularity of fighting games as a whole got a huge boost when DBFZ came out and brought a whole slew of new players to the genre. Some went on to play other fighting games and found their love for the genre. The only thing that probably affected the sales was the guest characters. The "sjw" costumes is part of the current trend to the foreseeable trend which changes year to year. Kombat kids is just NRS trying to expand their story so it doesnt look like they are repeating the same thing.
you're gonna be disappointed in the next game too )=

Error404

Noob
Remove low pokes. Replace them with full strings that crush highs. That would drasticly improve the presentation of the game , while also making the game feel better. I don't think anyone enjoys having to constantly jab someone in the ankles.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
Kreate a Kombat
If it's not another linear fighting game also. Draw the line for the storyline. Because clearly that's too difficult for them.
Matter of fact, just throw away everything MK11 brought, it did the same to the games prior.

Last edited:
-Ditch the variation system
-No combo breakers of any sort
-No Fatal or Krushing Blows/Xrays/"supers" (This isn't SF)
-No armor. On anything. Ever.
-Do SOMETHING with that useless stance-switch button
-Get rid of 50/50 throws or allow me to still hold the block button and tech. Something has to give here.

Now, I've learned to pretty much accept and adapt to a lot of these as they are in MK right now, but one thing in particular I could never get down with are the 50/50 throws for the reason I mentioned. Either make them just 50/50's or have it so you can't be blocking and still tech. It's a bit overkill the way they are now, IMO.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Did you play mkx? Kung Jin is exactly what I wrote above.
Kung Jin was actually the best type of "representation" without being a bad enough character people consider it pandering. I'd say more people wanted Jin in 11 than Jackie, that should speak for itself considering how lukewarm most people were to the combat kids at first.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I think all FG fall off at times no matter what the series come to think of it could be SF, Tekken, MK or Smash etc whatever. But seems majority want a game like MK 9 again, that should tell ya something.
I just hope that when NRS is planning the layout for MK12 some 4 years into the future all this talk from the community telling them "Yea we like the 9th one the best you guys should look into that" doesn't fall on deaf ears.