What's new

Here's how you balance Reptile.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Honestly, you need to keep your mouth shut. A word of advice if you're going to try and hold an argument learn to spell/put a damn sentence together. What you posted has been said 1k times so what is the point of continuing to post garbage like that? Have you read what well known MK players have said about this issue? Apparently not. Do us all a favor and either improve your timing and learn how to counter OR go play another game, pacman sounds just fine for someone like you.
Reptiles dash is not broken because of the punishment. You need to read back what has been said in this thread, by me a lot of the times, and see that a sensible complaint is not about punishment. It is about other issues.

But if you are so happy with attacking strawman arguments I should not stop you, but just so you know- you are not addressing the issue here.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Everyone in your book needs a nerf and Smoke ALWAYS needs a buff. :p

But for real, this is coming from the same guy who thinks Smoke should still be buffed. Good god, after seeing good Smokes in action as of late, I can't lie...I'd fear a good Smoke over a lot of characters now. This is why I find a lot of your comments on this stuff beyond laughable at times.
Don't waste your breath responding to him, I've played his Smoke. He needs to work on him, but he likes to use the perpetual scapegoat of something constantly holding his character back. Good Smokes however, is a constant battle.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Can I be honest? Well it doesn't matter, offending people is my specialty. A lot of you guys are fucking babies. Stop crying and get better at the game, simple as that. We as humans tend to blame everything but ourselves when something goes wrong. Learn that the reason you lost was because you didn't fix your mistakes. LEARN TO LOSE. Seriously, and in a sense, you'll win more often.

- At one point we all thought Jax was trash, yet there are a couple of people out there that take the time and effort to work around his bad qualities. And if I'm not mistaken we did see a couple of great Jax players recently. But no, if you get beaten by a Jax, it's hax's and your character needs buffs. Let's start bufffing everyones grandmothers while we're at it. She needs an enhanced teleport too you know. Ugh.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree. Saying balance only matters at the highest level of play is elitist and self-centered. Not calling you those things at all, but a position which assumes that only a tiny portion of the player base deserves to be considered in matters that will affect the play experience of almost everyone who owns the game is exactly that: elitist. Not only that, it's bad business.

As I said, I'm an arcade rat by upbringing. I don't have hardly any offline scene to speak of right now, seeing as I'm living on the eastern coast of Maine, but I'll likely be moving out to Norcal in 6 months or so and hope it improves then. For the time being, I spend anywhere from 3 to 15 hours a week playing, mostly in training mode doing various structured exercises that help me commit combos, traps, defensive options, and other tactics to muscle memory. I may be nowhere near "pro," but I do believe I fall into the "serious player" category. Yet I still feel that if you have a million people playing a game (just picking a random number as example, not being literal), and 995,000 of them are having an issue with something while 5,000 think it's ok, your decision should be weighted accordingly.
How the fuck is it elitist and self centered? People are just dumb, lazy and to handicapped to give a shit about learning or trying to get to that level.

If every idiot that plays like ass in any game and wants something change because they're to ignorant to figure out the issue, and don't realize that it's them that's horrible and not the game, than we'd have a horrible gaming industry full of braindead shit games.

Every game that supports MP, has a potential to be played at a high level.

There's match up character charts for a reason, because when you break the character down to their essentials, the only thing left, is their cons and pros compared to others. Numbers don't lie.

I talk to the Epic Devs regularly, and since you claim, that it's the masses that matter, well he said 'A game must be easy to learn and a lifetime to master'. That's exactly what MK is, everyone bitching hasn't even gotten close to mastering shit.

Oh, yeah and if you think I'm full of shit, statistics matters in Gears as well.

http://reflectzyn.com/competitive-gaming/2011/07/29/the-most-important-statistic-in-gears-of-war/

Any competitive player should give this a read.

hardwire

Noob
Honestly, you need to keep your mouth shut. A word of advice if you're going to try and hold an argument learn to spell/put a damn sentence together. What you posted has been said 1k times so what is the point of continuing to post garbage like that? Have you read what well known MK players have said about this issue? Apparently not. Do us all a favor and either improve your timing and learn how to counter OR go play another game, pacman sounds just fine for someone like you.
dude stfu attacking my spelling wow thats originial

seriously im tired of the damn reptiles thinking there fighter is perfictly ballenced its such bull shit and they are whiny cry babbys oh no we dont deserve a nerf our lows are slow

and hello kitty island adventer sounds like the perfict game for you bitch

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

seriously im tired of the damn reptiles thinking there fighter is perfictly ballenced its such bull shit and they are whiny cry babbys oh no we dont deserve a nerf our lows are slow

I would edit that post. You see, this thread was started by a leading moderator. Who is an avid reptile player. I would not insult someone with such power!

Oh dear Lord :eek:

hardwire

Noob
Alright guys, I'm joining the THTB cavalry here because to be honest a ton of you are pissing me off and need to shut the hell up. You want me to be blunt and you want me to say how it is? Well here it is.

You guys seriously are in no position what fucking soever to make legitimate complaints about a character. ESPECIALLY something that will affect offline play and why? So you can get some easier wins on some fucking laggy internet based bullshit? Online can be fun and has its uses but when you're basing your input on character related moves off of a LAGGY online service then you just seriously need to stop posting.

Reptiles dash is more than punishable. Not good enough for you? Well then go play an easier game. By nerfing Reptiles dash you would essentially be BREAKING the entire character because so much of his game revolves around it. Don't you get that? You wouldn't be "toning him down." You'd be fucking demolishing him.

So instead of crying and mashing keys on your keyboard with uneducated responses and input, why don't you actually take a deep breath and think before you type.

Have you ever once stopped to think that maybe THTB, a guy who has MAINED REPTILE from the VERY BEGINNING and has consistently played WELL with him might know what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to his character? It's not elitist, it's just cold hard fact that he may know more about Reptile than you. You, who play online and you who most likely haven't actually deconstructed the character to the level THTB has.

We all play online and guess what, I have trouble with Raiden but you don't see me bawling because his teleport is hard to punish online. Why? Because offline it's not near as hard. In the actual game playing the way its supposed to run, it's not as hard. SOMEWHAT challenging? Sure. But that's where practice mode comes into play.

You guys spewing these comments like diarrhea all make me want to go bite a wire.

please do go bite a wire you plage

if the move is soooo easy to punish as is a few frames more of block stun aint gonna hurt shit

whinny little bitch

hardwire

Noob
I would edit that post. You see, this thread was started by a leading moderator. Who is an avid reptile player. I would not insult someone with such power!
i really dont give a shit

if we dont break this aditude with every one that we cant talk about what we view as a broken mechanic this game is doomed and its the comunity that will kill it

we all need to wake up and realize this

pluse if people want to attack me for bringin up the issue the gloves are off and i dont care.

shura30

Shura
reptile's dash it's all about punish and fast movement
if you're dumb enough to crash (at that speed) on opponent's block you deserve at least kabal's stun

reptile grunts and ends in a not so obvious stop animation
few times you can't even see if the dash actually hit the block

it's fast, cover a lot of space (that 3 dash crap on waking up opponent is an example) and for the unwritten rules of balance should deserve more recovery frames

and really, most of the reptile players i've read in this thread are like 'please don't nerf this otherwise i don't know how else manage any match without running the whole screen undisturbed'

If it's just a simple animation swap with exact same frame data, then yeah, by all means. And I can understand that one and don't particularly mind it if done like that. But still, a casual gamer's perspective is what counts for a lot of things...but balance really just isn't one of those things simply because they aren't truly affected by it. They may feel to be, but they aren't.
A number of very avid Reptile players in this thread have pointed out just how easily elbow dash is punished by decent players. If that's REALLY true, then you could make the recoil just as long as any other blocked "teleport" move and it wouldn't change a thing at high-level play (around which the game should be balanced) right? I mean if it's already so easy to punish, how would making it a little easier change anything for good players? It wouldn't. It would, however, make it much riskier for low-level and online players to spam the move, which is (IMO) a desirable result. As far as I can see, if the people defending elbow dash's current recoil are telling the truth, they have no reason to object to making it a few frames longer.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It does change it quite a lot at high level play because characters end up getting MORE than what they do now. When you lengthen the recovery frames, you open up more punishment options, not just make it easier. >_>

But w/e. This all is frustrating to see...just...no one WANTS to get better...people just want nerfs and shit and buffs on things they just don't understand just so they can sleep better at night. I'm starting to understand why you never see many top players help out on FG forums... :/

It does change it quite a lot at high level play because characters end up getting MORE than what they do now. When you lengthen the recovery frames, you open up more punishment options, not just make it easier. >_>

But w/e. This all is frustrating to see...just...no one WANTS to get better...people just want nerfs and shit and buffs on things they just don't understand just so they can sleep better at night. I'm starting to understand why you never see many top players help out on FG forums... :/
Shit, I'm all about getting better.

I already know my issue. My problem is, I rarely play online or against offline opponents, because they're way out of reach for me, for my current living situation.

My issue resides on the fact, I barely have any matchup experience and experience fighting against actual people (decent ones at that). So, I'm lacking fundamentals on how to react to situations, execution, and how to properly do set ups, and all that good stuff when playing real time.

I hit training mode almost exclusively, and just practice with my 2 characters, but when it comes to actually fighting real people, if they're extremely good, or average, all of the things I learned, my knowledge, BnBs, etc, is moot, because I just don't know what to do, how to approach things, situations Lol. Though, I'll never cry nerf or buff, because I don't know much about the game at it's peak to make that call, but the least I can do is read and understand it to the best of my ability.

I'd like to think of myself as TotalHalibut, the Youtube shoutcaster from Starcraft 2, he knows extensivly about the mechanics of the game, what to do, but in an actual situation, he's not that great.

Though, I think, I know I can get better, by just playing good players, and learning, but that rarely happens. Lol.

The thing I've noticed is the majority of these nerf/buffs are requested because of online play. This is a bad idea, in general. Input delay, lag, etc... Does not lend to a balanced offline game.

Dash is easily punished offline, and I saw it happen a good bit during EVO.

THTB, why bother getting better when you can just scream for nerfs of character you don't fair well against?

Did you notice how part of my goal was to not only balance Reptile, but make him deeper with the combo adjustments? I WANT a game that rewards deeper knowledge - I WANT to see this game continue for years and years, and still continue to learn. Also, check out my adjustments in that thread - I decided to go with your idea on the Elbow Dash... maybe we can turn that thread into a consensus?

THTB

I'll check it now.

Yeah, I see that. I understood your intentions, so I know you're not like the ones I'm referring to.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator

Seriously, the most important subject in here is you!!
i stumble upon ur amazing thread , were SMoke needs buff because it's unfaire for him to escape Pressure . Not only that, you went as far as Cursing TYM all over and then you hit the actual cry fact, which is everyone in here sucks ...and so on

Seriously, my first impression on you is. You know nothing about fighting games, period. Apparently your new to the scene, young around 16 years old (if you are older than 20, then seriously you have ISSUES in your life!! and you need to think about ur life first before getting attached to video games), and about 2 years tops of Fighting games experience. I might be biased, as well as very wrong....but conclusion is, Why the HECK are you freakin talking when you have no idea about the game?
is it fun for you to hop on a CPU( behind walls), and just type whatever you want just because you want to be a part of the conversation? Mindlessly as well? or is it because you have nothing to do in life, so your severly bored? If your bored, i can understand, but dont write up nonsense all over the board.....

Part of the community is that it helps each other by respecting each other opinion....how do you want people to respect yours when your just mahsing around the boards typing nonsense and contradicting your speeches ? Seriously smoke needs a buff? and Reptile elbow dash, WHICH you hate so MUCH! must be nerfed?

do you know what is the match up for Smoke VS reptile?? do you know who is it favored to? ..... ? this is a freakin 6-4 Smoke favor if it DOESNT even easily hit 7 -3 :S .....so seriously, what are u crying about? funny, this is also not the only Bad matchup for reptile, reptile got 7 more bad matchups :S

Not only that, but on the smoke boards you went defending HOW your words has nothing wrong, and that smoke needs buffs....and here your doing the same.....so is this part of your Immature act? that your written words and opinion is the correct one, and if not, then everyone in here are idiots?

Think about it that way, Dont write aimlessly cause if you care about your reputation in here then u will be a complete ignore. If you dont care, then with all due respect, Stop bothering us with your nonsense just because you want to be a part of conversation.

Shall i expect trash talk back from you? your usual,kid? ..... do yourself a favor, get out of reptile board if you have no idea about the character. I prefer you stop your childish act, i think you call it Trolling? that's the correct new generation term i presume? one that suits your age and mentality?....so stop hoping around just because your bored and want to be a troll.

It's a shame that no matter how many times a thread like this pops up, it inevitably gets dragged down into people taking shots at one another and assuming, pre-maturely, how bad the person must be in MK, or fighting games in general.

But real talk... NRS is going to do what they see fit anyway. Maybe the "whining from the crybabies" will make a difference, maybe it won't. And while I do think it needs toning down, the dash isn't so broken that it'll keep me from taking this game seriously. (See post in the Perfectly balancing Reptile thread)

But here's a question, because I'm seriously curious. (Not trying to take any personal shots) If they did nerf the dash somehow, would most of you here still use Reptile?

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Well there was the original that was people complaining about elbow dash and then another one popped up but it was a joke/mocking one. I believe that about covers it lol

THTB

Yeah, this one is sort of a mock, but serious at the same time.

And to answer the question, yes, I would.