What's new

Here's how you balance Reptile.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why do you like it?
It's one of those quirks that makes things more interesting IMO. And honestly...I'd rather see a character keep bad matchups than have them fixed, especially among top tiers.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
ok reptiles, I take back everything i said about reptiles dash being cheap. I finally found a good reptile i could practice with online, and getting that experience i've realized reptile isn't that bad. Even with my new experience against reptile though i still agree reptile beats raiden 6-4. But hey, every character needs at least one bad matchup right.

Now me beeing a Raiden player i wasn't used to having to work that hard against any other character because well, raiden only has one bad matchup. So i over reacted when i would be in a ranked match and lose to a reptile and not get to keep practicing against him, now i'm better a punishing a dash with raidens 9 frame 121 string with a full combo. I also learned to escape reptiles double dash from full screen pressure by just jumping back after the first dash, it works very well. I also started to get out of reptiles slow forceball into into double dash by just jumping over force ball and then superman to avoid the dash. that also works very well.

Although it would be nice if dash had a few more recovery on block, i wouldn't mind if it stayed as is. I do still however think that a blocked dash should be more noticeable by making reptile be pushed back a little more, again, no more recovery, just more pushback. not really a nerf, more like a little tweak.

...... wut? 6 -4 and raidens only worst match ?

stuff i noticed from ur post:
1- Torpedo EAST throw FB's ....whether EX or not. so if reptile tried to do FB into dash, that means u were free....what were u doin?
Torpedo will pass through FB"s and PUNISH his elbow Dash :S

2-Teleport and EX teleport* are everything for raiden.....pressure wise and non pressure wise.

3- Reptile doing 2 times elbow dash while u are standing.....this situation means that u were free. Why? what were u doin exactly that made reptile force the pressure instead with TWO free dashes or even more?

anyways, am glad people are starting to realize that it's actually punishable. ...

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
theme i dont understand u....so u hated reptile at first i presume? and now u playin with him? i noticed u even posted u had hard time doing his juggles.

anyways, i am glad that players are tryin to atleast play with him to see how he approaches! and i am also glad to see, that it wasnt easy to learn reptile...is it?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I just had an idea. What about: If your opponent is knocked down. Reptile dash acts as if it was blocked if they are holding block while in the ground? Something like that?

jtom

Noob
Just a fun fact:
Through the whole (streamed part of) recent VSM tourney the Elbow Dash was punished on block by combo only once (by CD). We are talking about 1 hour of Reptile footage vs 1 block punish.

In the list of culprits, which wasn’t able to punish Elbow dash on block even once (on stream) there are people like REO, CD jr., Classy.

Proof link:
http://ru.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/291831344
I also just re-watched the Tom Brady vs Sabin match @ Evo...

Tom blocked Art's dash 9 times... Tom was able to punish it only 3 times. That is 6 missed punishes.

Obviously it is punishable, but with the current recovery frames the reward far outweighs the risk. It is one of the fastest moves in the game and therefore one of the most unpredictable. If you're not anticipating it, the window to punish it appropriately is too small. And by appropriately, I mean something other than a poke.

I'm not saying it needs the nerf bat, but IMO a frame or 2 of added recovery is reasonable.

jtom

Noob
here's another recent vid of some high level offline play... Morty vs DrDogg

DrDogg blocks Morty's dash 4 times. DrDogg failed to punish it all 4 times. small sample size i know.

Raiman

Noob
...... wut? 6 -4 and raidens only worst match ?

stuff i noticed from ur post:
1- Torpedo EAST throw FB's ....whether EX or not. so if reptile tried to do FB into dash, that means u were free....what were u doin?
Torpedo will pass through FB"s and PUNISH his elbow Dash :S

2-Teleport and EX teleport* are everything for raiden.....pressure wise and non pressure wise.

3- Reptile doing 2 times elbow dash while u are standing.....this situation means that u were free. Why? what were u doin exactly that made reptile force the pressure instead with TWO free dashes or even more?

anyways, am glad people are starting to realize that it's actually punishable. ...
i mean when reptile does his slow force ball fast force ball double dash in from full screen into presure, you can just superman over the first one and avoid the pressure, i know EX goes through both force balls, im talking with no meter here. and yes Reptile is Raidens only bad matchup from what i understand from the matchup chart. Who gives raiden a harder time than Reptile? not Kung Lao thats for sure

Levaranoia

War God
i mean when reptile does his slow force ball fast force ball double dash in from full screen into presure, you can just superman over the first one and avoid the pressure, i know EX goes through both force balls, im talking with no meter here. and yes Reptile is Raidens only bad matchup from what i understand from the matchup chart. Who gives raiden a harder time than Reptile? not Kung Lao thats for sure
why wouldn't you just teleport behind him when hes doing that and superman him or whatever punish when hes doing that.

I'd say kano is another bad matchup but kano was nerfed a bit so I dont know if hes that annoying anymore.