What's new

Hello!!?!? Can someone explain to me why KF is now top 5?

Inception

I love Kitana
Let's all relax here we all remember how a character can rise and fall with no mercy in these games. One minute your top 5at tournament next minute your watching a stream. I personally believe KF is top 5 just on utilities online. However tournament results would have people showing up more. Doom is top tier in Ultimate Narvel vs Capcom what do you see ? Doom, Doom, Doom all the time. At this present time we are not seeing that for KF but we all know about characters getting nerfed prematurly then some tech gets discovered that makes it even worse. So let's just breathe and see what happens.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't think she is that great right now and after the patch GA, DD and CW are all definitely better than her. She's upper mid-tier still. She is a one dimensional character. Her zoning is punishable and her movement sucks. Her slide has no priority. Her normals are probably the worst in the game. Her D2 is decent but that's about it. The only thing she has going for her are the vortexes, which doesn't really make her good, it just keeps her in the match. She can't win consistently off the vortex alone. She will get her wins here and there, but she's not a character that can just take the life lead and systematically break you down like real top tiers.

Reading this made me LOL but also made me almost vomit.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Not even close. Does Batman's J2 cover a comparable distance? Nope. Does it open up 50/50s on block? Does it whiff punish from ridiculous distances?

I'm not saying Batman's J2 isn't silly. It sure is.

But it is NOT on the same level as slide.
batmans j2 is ambiguous covers a lovely rainbow arc over your head hits u when u clearly anti aired on time
slide is a low *crickets*

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
batmans j2 is ambiguous covers a lovely rainbow arc over your head hits u when u clearly anti aired on time
slide is a low *crickets*
Yeah, I already said it was silly. But it isn't a safe, 3/4 screen advancing special that leads to 50/50 guess situations. They're not the same thing at all.

Rude

It's nearly unbeatable... you know the best way to anti air it? Pushblock it... lol

Having a jump in move like Batman j2 encourages jumping which is BAD.
Air-to-Air J1s...including Killer Frost's...can handle it well enough.

Rude

That's fair. I irrationally hate Slide. Let's be BFFs. We'll bitch and moan and complain.

Belial

Noob
Not that I play anymore, but I dont share Chaotic's optimism. KF is not a good character, as the game will progress, you will see more and more flaws.
She cannot AA some characters, especially Batman, which seems to have been her hardest matchup (I doubt a lot changed though), where even Black Adam can AA him, KF cannot.
She still lacks some fundamental aspects that will never let her place in this game due to bad matchups.
Overall characters who heavily depend on matchup and opponent habits do not succeed in FT3. Well, maybe in 3 years, but then nobody plays this in 3 years likely.

Rude

Not that I play anymore, but I dont share Chaotic's optimism. KF is not a good character, as the game will progress, you will see more and more flaws.
She cannot AA some characters, especially Batman, which seems to have been her hardest matchup (I doubt a lot changed though), where even Black Adam can AA him, KF cannot.
She still lacks some fundamental aspects that will never let her place in this game due to bad matchups.
Overall characters who heavily depend on matchup and opponent habits do not succeed in FT3. Well, maybe in 3 years, but then nobody plays this in 3 years likely.
Killer Frost's d2 is actually quite good. She can anti-air just fine.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah, Batman J2 is a problem but it is in different ways for everyone. Sometimes you just have to nut up and use MB f3. Now that it is being buffed it is an even better option.

Killer Frost's d2 is actually quite good. She can anti-air just fine.
Yeah, her AA is one of the best and highest reaching vertically in the game, but he is just talking Batman j2 specific. Batman' j2 basically defies any logic in the game anyways so you can't really pin it against any move/AA legitimately.

Yeah, her AA is one of the best and highest reaching vertically in the game, but he is just talking Batman j2 specific. Batman' j2 basically defies any logic in the game anyways so you can't really pin it against any move/AA legitimately.
Her hitbox is really high but it doesn't lower her hurtbox much. That means you have to use it really high in the jump, which can be a problem for characters with fast and low jump arcs like Batman. It also means you have to be sharp on your reads, unlike say Aquaman who can d2 very late because his hurtbox is close to the floor.

Again, not one of the best, but quite serviceable on her, and I wouldn't ask for better with her other tools.

As for people complaining about midscreen slide - if you can't be bothered to learn how to jump backwards and stuff it with most air normals, then NRS can't be bothered to nerf it for you. You're lazy, and you're WAY behind on the learning curve by now. NRS can't nerf everything to conform to your random playstyle, deal with it.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
If KF is now top 5 so it's all cool. =) I mean, if such a character is top 5 so all should be viable. The tier list should have now a smaller gasp between characters imo.