What's new

Hello!!?!? Can someone explain to me why KF is now top 5?

im good, bro.

its just silly to think that if youve ever lost to a killer fros tyou were "outplayed" when one dropped combo can = a wakeup slide into 100% damage

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Her zoning isn't a huge issue...just block Iceberg and that's a free dash, basically. Her air dashing isn't that big of a deal since she has like 1 good air attack. The slide is really dumb the way its designed...active frames up the ass and safe on block. Really?
Yeah I could bait a slide watch it whiff and come to a halt, go grab a cup of tea, come back and dash in for the whiff punish and still get popped up for full combo. This is the only thing I have ever wanted toned down on this character, I was really ok with everything else, except maybe trait cancels but I even could've lived with those.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Dude I really don't think she'll have bad mu after the patch. BA seems like he'll be waaaayyy more manageable. MMH will be a problem but luckily, no one really uses him and only reo uses him at a high level lol.

She'll still have a lot of 5-5s tho. GA and Ares seem more tough now

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Air-to-Air J1s...including Killer Frost's...can handle it well enough.
No... that would mean that I have to pre-emptively jump and I don't want to play scrubby. Plus KF j1 is 10f!!! Her fastest jumping normal is j3 which is 9f... so slow.

My complaint about Batman's J2 is that it is nearly un-anti-air-able and that is dumb. Even Doomsday splash can be anti aired now! smh

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Reading this made me LOL but also made me almost vomit.
How about actually disputing some of my points? Sometimes the opponent is going to guess right and you are going to loose. That's why I used the word "consistently". A true top tier character can break you down from the start of the match and win on a consistent basis. That's why I said she is upper mid tier. She can't do that.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The only real MU I firmly disagree with Khatoik on is versus HG. Lol it's so silly...the only way it's 5-5 or 6-4 for KF is if the HG literally just stands still and is bored. HG completely controls the tempo of this match and forces Frost to her. A skilled HG is not going to be fooled or taken out of the air by Frost not to mention HG has an awesome ground game. Most KF players considered BA a bad MU prior to this patch (and still will be a bitch, let's be real) but now HG has clearly risen above BA and people are kidding themselves if they think HG is simply "annoying" to fight...no no...she can wear you down till the end of the match.

On a more humorous note, and absolutely no offense to xKhaoTik personally, but I tend to think when asked about MU numbers, he answers AS IF he is in fact Killer Frost. Like he is her...so of course "she" doesn't see any bad MU's. ;)

xKhaoTik

How about actually disputing some of my points? Sometimes the opponent is going to guess right and you are going to loose. That's why I used the word "consistently". A true top tier character can break you down from the start of the match and win on a consistent basis. That's why I said she is upper mid tier. She can't do that.

What's stopping her from winning on a consistent basis? Who bothers her? Who gives her trouble
It seems as if you are thinking of her as a rushdown character, and that's probably why you think she isn't that great. Start thinking about her as a defensive character and maybe we can have a discussion.

You said she can't break anyone down. Well...she's a block of ice. Who is breaking her Down?

Also, even if the opponent guesses right, its still in my favor 90% of the time.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ares gets the tide turned around quite a few MU's with that single tele buff alone, the 2,2 buff helps with every low hitbox character and makes his pressure maybe 27th in the game rather than 82nd. I could see him kf being a 5-5 after patch, bm, superman, nw, will all have some more touble with him. And runway, she is killer frost, Khaotik is a chick right?

xKhaoTik

The only real MU I firmly disagree with Khatoik on is versus HG. Lol it's so silly...the only way it's 5-5 or 6-4 for KF is if the HG literally just stands still and is bored. HG completely controls the tempo of this match and forces Frost to her. A skilled HG is not going to be fooled or taken out of the air by Frost not to mention HG has an awesome ground game. Most KF players considered BA a bad MU prior to this patch (and still will be a bitch, let's be real) but now HG has clearly risen above BA and people are kidding themselves if they think HG is simply "annoying" to fight...no no...she can wear you down till the end of the match.

On a more humorous note, and absolutely no offense to xKhaoTik personally, but I tend to think when asked about MU numbers, he answers AS IF he is in fact Killer Frost. Like he is her...so of course "she" doesn't see any bad MU's. ;)

Lol idk man. I just don't see it. I never said it was in Frost's favor. I think its 5-5. I went to TFC and played all the HGs there, including trepound and dark steel (who beat Chris G) and I did extremely well against them. Both players said they think its 5-5 and no other frost they've played were on my level.

I guess it just needs more development. I love HG tho and she definitely shouldn't be slept on. I just think she doesn't beat frost :p

What the hell are you talking about? KF surpasses the expected value on her vortex 50% of the time. That means out of, say, three touches, you're only going to fall short of the expected payout roughly 12.5% of the time.

If you want any more consistency on something that explosive, you're into the realm of infinites, O.Hawk and O.Honda style. To balance that, you need to take out all of her other options and make her flatly not have a neutral game.

You're asking for straight-up broken. She already has one of the highest payouts on random hits in the game.

People aren't arguing with you point-by-point because your initial points are ludicrous. You can't hand-wave away the vortex like that.