What's new

Hello!!?!? Can someone explain to me why KF is now top 5?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Because almost everyone else in the top 8 got nerfed. KF was already top 8 before the patch.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
MB b3/f3 buffs, all-around interactable nerfs including the two bars of meter for MB, and her worst matchup (which was already quite winnable) became even easier.

She got a ton of indirect buffs while the characters above her got both direct and indirect nerfs, particularly power characters.

Edit: I should probably say that her being top 5 obviously isn't a guarantee, but these are some of the reasons why I (and maybe some others) can see her making the cut. Obviously nothing is set in stone, but I definitely think she was a top 8 character that got better while the characters around her got worse.

No one is saying she's top 5 for certain yet - it obviously depends on how everything plays out and the extent of some of the changes with undefined magnitude (particularly Superman). But a lot of things are going well for her in this patch:

- No significant nerfs to her
- Several of the characters above her are getting nerfed
- Black Adam, likely her worst matchup pre-patch, nerfed noticeably and in ways that directly address her problem in the matchup
- Interactable nerfs
- Lower tier buffs aren't enough to tilt her matchups against those characters
- Misc. small bonuses, such as MB b3/f3 getting a damage buff and damage resistance when that's already a great tool for her

I don't think anyone's claimed yet that she's definitely top 5, nor could they. But a lot of us are expecting that post patch for the reasons above.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Her parry got fixed and was technically nerfed

all other reasons in here make sense but from my standpoint it made MY MU better agaisnt frost so you guys need to see it all the way through

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
No one is going to MB f3 as KF with the outcome of starving themselves of meter to not be able to continue the vortex.

Her parry got fixed and was technically nerfed

all other reasons in here make sense but from my standpoint it made MY MU better agaisnt frost so you guys need to see it all the way through
Yeah, that's why I added the qualifier "significant." That change hardly affects the matchups it's relevant in.

I agree that not being able to parry Zod's trait is favorable to Zod in that matchup. But yolo parry was full combo punishable by him anyway, and he has so many unparryable attacks, that it wasn't a great option to begin with. But I guess having no options is worse than having a bad option.

P.S. - congrats on convincing NRS to finally fix that annoying trait glitch. Really glad that made it into this patch.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah, that's why I added the qualifier "significant." That change hardly affects the matchups it's relevant in.

I agree that not being able to parry Zod's trait is favorable to Zod in that matchup. But yolo parry was full combo punishable by him anyway, and he has so many unparryable attacks, that it wasn't a great option to begin with. But I guess having no options is worse than having a bad option.

P.S. - congrats on convincing NRS to finally fix that annoying trait glitch. Really glad that made it into this patch.
it wasnt me, they dont care for me, Paulo and i got a divorce

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
All parry char could Parry trait hits, they could hurt you KT

Now frost does not get a full screen fucking 40% combo anymore off of MB parry full screen away when trait hits her
yay fuck killer frost I still have left over hate from vanilla for her

frost is solid, safe and has a true vortex. imo one of the best come back factors in the game. good anti zoning. i have always felt she was in the top 5 even before this. but im a results guys... its hard to make a case for her looking at tournament results. time will tell... i think she has all the right tools.