What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Is there some good corner combos with the cartwheel starter? I always end up b3 and they bounce out when I get too close to the wall. I saw someone do like 47% to me :(
b22, Tantrum Stance 1, f13, f13, 112, 12, Play Doctor is 46%, 54% if you MB Play Doctor. This is what I use.

I guess it's possible to do b22, TS1, NJ2, f13, 112, 12, PD for less damage, apparently it's easier (I find it no easier, but to each his own).

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
b22, Tantrum Stance 1, f23, f23, 112, 12, Play Doctor is 46%, 54% if you MB Play Doctor. This is what I use.

I guess it's possible to do b22, TS1, NJ2, f23, 112, 12, PD for less damage, apparently it's easier (I find it no easier, but to each his own).
i cant get the 2nd f23 to come out :(

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
My Harley seems to slow compared to my other chars, like I just zone with guns, but everyone blocks low and when I get close enough to do f2 they are d1 me out of it... It's so frustrating, I feel like my other chars can rush down at will. :(

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Remember that cupcakes and airguns are overhead, and pop pop hits mid and can be charged for an unblockable if they are just sitting there crouching.

Try to be unpredictable with f2, and only use it if they are not going to poke you. If they are poke-happy, keep your distance and use b22 instead. Jumping in/crossing up is always an option and remember you can always throw.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Remember that cupcakes and airguns are overhead, and pop pop hits mid and can be charged for an unblockable if they are just sitting there crouching.

Try to be unpredictable with f2, and only use it if they are not going to poke you. If they are poke-happy, keep your distance and use b22 instead. Jumping in/crossing up is always an option and remember you can always throw.
UGH WHY IS HARLEY SO HARD TO USEEEEE WITH SUPERMAN I CAN JUST FREELY f23 ALLLLL DAYYYYYYY! :( What a bad main to pick up...

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I am jealous of how active the HQ forums are. Well done.

Anyone care to give me some in-depth thoughts on the Harley-Cyborg MU?

Strengths/weakness and good strategies. Dankeee

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
I am jealous of how active the HQ forums are. Well done.

Anyone care to give me some in-depth thoughts on the Harley-Cyborg MU?

Strengths/weakness and good strategies. Dankeee
Wish I could but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rare that I fight a cyborg anymore that I cant really say, guess just rush him down.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I still don't understand how Harley deals with rush down chars like batman and DD. They are jumping all over the place and on my ass that I just get double perfected. I'm legit 0-84 in ranked with her. THis is pathetic.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
practice man that all I can say..... so far I'm 0 and 20 with Z but I'm still trying to learn her MU. it just takes time and learn where you mess up from. For DD and Bats push block is your friend

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I just don't understand what I am supposed to do against rush down chars that are in my face 90% of the time. I try to push block, but with one dash or another jump in they are back in. d2 is so weak and my combos off of it is like d2 j2 112 for crap damage lol, she seems so free on wake up T_T ppl just meaty jump in on my all day

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Ok where do i begin.
·Deathstroke
In this match up DS clearly will have the upper hand in zoning due to the start up of his guns being faster than yours. Basically you will have to take chip damage to approach him safely. Each time you block any of his gunshots you get one free foward dash immediately. If done right the next guns he'll fire you can block those as well and keep closing that distance. The number one thing you must make sure of is to never get frustrated. Patience is key & if you follow this method you will eventually make him sword flip to get you away or you will corner him.

·Batman
Zoning, zoning, zoning. I find this match up to be a purely even 5-5. Each character has tools to deal with each other. Your best zoning tool in this match up will be the instant overhead jump guns. Reason being if Batman uses bats to approach you you can make all of the bats miss & hit him if he is following behind them to then reset the situation. Once he gets in however the rest will come down to your defense & by the way if a Batman is pressuring you with his trait active & hasn't used it yet push block him to create zoning distance & get rid of the bats.

SaltFace NS

·Black Adam
In my opinion THIS is Harley's toughest match up in the game bar none. This fight will be spent chasing Black Adam all across the screen due to his backdash mobility, dive kick, & his push back on his lightning attacks. Honestly this match up has to be like a 7-3 most likely worse if your then counter picked on the stage as well. To beat a Black Adam you are going to have to have the most incredible reads & guesses on him jumping (using a jump back 2 or your upward gunshot to prevent a dive kick), backdashing (I usually have to have a read to catch this but if you have the read use Silly Slide into Tantrum Stance to catch his backdash if not done as a pure read he'll get away & turtle you out even more), and wake up attacks (a well timed neutral jump 2 will be able to punish both his wake ups but if the Black Adam player sees you are baiting wake up attacks then he'll just wake up backdash & start turtling again and make your life hell). Also since the last patch nornal blocked dive kicks are now combo punishable by D1 into Tantrum but the punish only works on a bad normal dive kick. The MB version is still plus on block so DO NOT swing at him after blocking it. Hope this advice helps.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
This is good, writing this stuff down... It's just so frustrating that harley can't zone as well as some of the cast IE, Sinestro, DS, Batman(wtf?), and supes, but can't rush down nearly as scary as those same people! T_T

SaltFace NS

Actually I feel that Harley has one of the best zoning abilities in the game...now she can't out zone Deathstroke, Sinestro, or Zod (if he gets started) but imo she out zones Superman due to the speed of her guns to his lasers. She can keep Superman in check almost the whole time full screen but he will only win the zoning game when he has the life lead and you are forced to approach him.

SaltFace NS

I'm glad you guys believe me that it is...it took lots of trial & error to figure that match up out (and a lot of losses).