What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

CTZero said:
vs. Aquaman
- I've read the posts here about this match-up....One of her uphill battles at this stage of the game. She cannot utilize her zoning tools because Aqua does an excellent job at doing this. If you have a life lead, zoning Aquaman is a bit troublesome
- Sweep range: Aquaman has the advantage with the threat of his low combo starter as well as his space control. Harley would have to be in range zero to apply frame traps and apply rushdown.
- Aquaman's Trait: Free combo breakers? lol Once Harley does the job of getting close to him, attempting to land a combo is quite difficult as well.

xWEBSx said:
has 3 types of armor to disagree with keeping him at full screen.. Not to mention, from full screen you can not make him properly pay for venom usage during his debuff time.. You want him outside sweep when that debuff hits because that is where the MU is won. Bane like Grundy tend to favor the D to block position, and are especially fond of their quick and long reaching low kick.. It is also very hard to exploit these two things from full screen- except for perhaps (readable or predictable) cupcakes or pop pop.

Mr Bodied said:
This matchup actually made me pick up Black Adam as a secondary because it frustrated the hell out of me.

I really don't think it's that bad now. What Harley wants to do is get in medium range, where BA will be scared to throw lightning. From this range he really only has 2 options:

1. B2 which is his longest range normal and hits overhead. This is what most BAs rely on and it becomes very predictable and easy to whiff punish once you know what it looks like.

2. Jump into a crossup or divekick. If you have this scouted Harley's j2 should be able to stuff it and you can full combo.

Black Adam's strings are not good compared to Harley's and you can generally block high and be safe. Just stay in his face. His AA is also pretty atrocious so abuse j2.
xWEBSx said:
I have struggled with Black Adam MU... I recently started looking at a few things and am happy to say that my MU against him has improved.

Dive kick BA:
Many players fall into a certain flow after his dive kick.. The key is patience and paying attention to what BA does AFTER his dive kick! Do not try to punish the kick upon it hitting your block, the key is punishing his followup. Back dash and forward jump are two major options for him.. The back dasher is the more dangerous (his backdash is one of the best) coupled with his range options.. Harley cannot hit a back dashing BA with a jump in or TS, SSxxTS is an option but risky (use at your own risk) If he is back dashing he is either going to flirt with his zoning tools, or apply pressure with another dive kick.

The forward jump after the dive kick: BA is going to try to cross you up ad punish you with ground string. If you are privy that this opponent likes following dive kick with this jump.. Get in the air and open him up with choice of A2A punish.

BA may try to jump back after missed dive kick, but it is not his best option, if initial dive kick got blocked, he can not get high or far enough away for Harley not to beat him in the air.. Follow up with A2A combo.

Range BA hurts.. His lightning bolt hits low, will take advantage of back/forward walking or dashing, and MB bolts HURT! Block his regular bolts at a distance, jumping gunshot if he has meter (from full screen away) and let him burn meter. His lightning cloud hold move from full screen, expect follow up bolts (MB if avail).
Up close he is going to use the cloud to lock you down for ground combo.

Overall BA has no real wake up moves.. So you want him on his back as much as possible and work him from there. D1 is average with minimal reach, if you can read it, counter with D3 or B2,2 into follow up.

Hope this helps.. It's done wonders for me with this bad matchup :)

xWEBSx said:
Things I have noticed off of decent matches I have had lately:

Sinestro/Deathstroke- PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. These two MU's come to a screeching halt.. DS is trying to bait you into his sword flip, Sinestro trying to bait you into his axes. Watch for them, wait for them, and do NOT rush. Keep an eye on their meter.. if they have meter you know it is getting used..Take your time at getting in and once you are in.. Do what you can to stay there. The majority of zoning heavy Sinestro/DS are blocking high ( trying to back up and give themselves room), hit low if close and punish accordingly.
KS_Shogun said:
Deathstroke is a hard matchup for Harley if you dont know how to play it, you'll come across some really scrubby ones and maybe a few good ones, but my counter picking opponents in these matches will be about 80% of the amateur/counter picking DS's that will try to spam guns fullscreen and use sword spin on wakeup. Dont look too much into the combos because it's online, but what you want to look at is the movement and spacing in this matchup.

Some main points:

-Never jump when full screen (Unless DS's Unblockable Trait is active)

-Dash to "crouch" block when DS is fullscreen gun spamming. (Why? Because you want to close the space between you and DS as much as possible, if you dash and just hold back, and he does not shoot, you'll start walking back, and you dont want that, so crouch block)

-Always block rifle high, (Why? Because you dont want to get hit by MB overhead and get knocked back fullscreen) also when your crouch blocking you have enough time to stand before DS's MB comes out.

-When mid to close range, dont let him breathe, keep the pressure on.

-Back. 2 2 xx TS to punish sword spin every time.

-If DS uses trait, you have 2 large windows to get in:
1) when he activates it, he has a ton of recovery frames before he can move (85 to be exact) silly slide in and punish if you can. Worse case scenario, your fullscreen and he has trait active, its time to play dodgeball. You will probably get hit, but mix up your jumps and movement (Jumping and using late jumping pistol shot works well to keep you in the air longer and making you a bit harder to hit.

2)When his unblockable shots end, he cannot shoot you for about 5 seconds, watch his trait bar, and as soon as you see it go out, try to get in.

-And the most important tip, PLAY PATIENT!!!

This match is really easy to get frustrated in, and can have a rolling snowball effect if you get pissed and just try to go in. At times you may lose 20% or more before you get in, but you would rather lose 20% and be in then lose 50% and still be fullscreen because you weren't blocking. Hopefully this helps you more in the slade matchup.

Lots of of other matches on my channel as well, so be sure to check them out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShogunStation/videos?view=0&flow=grid

GuamoKun

xWEBSx said:
his green arrows are worth 1% on hit.. Trades are good. GA's tend to like the crouch fire position in a fire fight.. Once/if you have the superiority your gunshot eats his arrow start up- on ANY arrow.. Outright on green arrows, special arrows may still fly toward you- block them. This forces GA to again.. Blind rush you sloppily to get in out of frustration. Dashing, jumping or dash and slide combo's.. Use Harley's tools to send him back to his corner.

xWEBSx said:

Vs Green Lantern: another character you need to pick your spots with.. Mid range belongs to GL, so you want to be full screen or up in his face. Up in his face, get comfortable with your D1, and do not be afraid to throw. To get close to GL, let him come to you.. Since jumping in on him gets you wrecked. To do this.. Annoy him with pistol shots, Pop Pop, and cupcakes.. Do not be afraid to MB if one is working better than others. You CAN duck his rocket projectile, block his air rocket with back (or jump). Again.. The more frustrated he is the more he may try to get in sloppy, look for mistimed jumps, or his turbine/air turbine move and punish with B3, MB B3 respectively. Jumping into or being caught by Lanterns might is the key to GL starting his higher damage.
xWEBSx said:
Vs Raven
Vs Green Lantern:

I group these two match-ups together.. Mainly because they focus on one thing to try and get the damage.. The ring/soul throw/crush. People will charge these two characters with abandon and get themselves snapped in half in the process.

They can NOT beat Harley in a firefight.. They both have rhythmic projectiles..you CAN get a shot off, and duck their damage. You want to annoy the hell out of them from as far as possible as long as possible and MAKE them come to you. This makes them a LOT less scary because what makes them scary is that throw move from (Raven- soul crush) damn near full screen, (Green Lantern-Lanterns Might) generously outside sweep (FURTHER if his trait is on)..While they are frustrated and trying to get in (Raven) prefers demon form, jump teleport (only guess is, is she appearing to my front or my back), Lantern is dashing, jumping, or his jumping Turbine Jet engine (which MB cupcakes eat alive). And guess what?!?!? They are NOT crushing!!

When you let these two control the tempo of the match, when you let these two get a life lead you really hurt yourself because they can just shell up and eat your offensive advance alive... This is what they want to do..

4% a hit off your gunshots may not seem like much damage, however if they are missing all their green missiles and blue orbs, if all of Ravens crushes are getting blocked.. That 4% per hit adds up.. Best believe they are going to start coming for you.. And that is what we want.
:)

Hope it helps!

PS: never jump in on these 2 at the beginning of the round.. A Green Lantern may try to throw out a low poke sweep (which can be interrupted during the block of the sweep into his overhead stomp w/D1) or may open with a Lanterns Might (to try to catch you sleeping/jumping). Block the low and wait for the follow up to punish. As for Lanterns Might at BEGIN that can be punished by blocking (preferably low) and TS WILL reach.

Safe starting bets against Lantern- Down block position to punish 2 famous openers (Might and low sweep- punish both)
xWEBSx said:
you are 100% safe from at range (not mindlessly however). If you zone unwisely you will eat his missiles . However, his horizontal missiles are 100% duckable and in many situations can be countered with a gunshot then safely ducked. He will not use jumping missiles unless he is eating clock on the defensive (many if not all can be avoided by backdash or walking back, or blocked high) GL is NOT banking on his jumping missile chip to beat you.. So what are his other options? Trait full screen Gatling gun? Block and counter or wait out trait... Continue..

His turbine attack thrown from ground? Gunshot eats it, Air? Cupcakes eats it.. GL is your bitch from full screen. What this also will do is frustrate him into trying to get in ASAP- air turbine ride? If you have life lead on GL and he is fullscreen.. a neutral means prepare for air turbine!!! Cupcakes eat it alive.. And GL's get VERY antsy when you are out of Lanterns Might and Sliding sweep kick to follow up range.

Alien Substance said:
Mirrors: True 5-5 match-ups.

xWEBSx said:
Vs Hawkgirl

Another one of my original poor MU's due to little experience/exposure. Now that more people are giving her a go.. Harley has the answers to clip her wings..

Hawkgirl is a hit and run character.. They want to start each round in a flurry and hurt you as best as possible then fly away to the top opposite corner and check you from afar with mace throws . This will change however if you have poor defense and they draw blood with their flurries.. They will stick on you and not relent until YOU make them.

The flurries are usually started with the mace dash.. HG will look like a spear, leading with her mace.. Block this and punish it.. If left unchecked, they will try to bully you with it, eventually leading into her wing evade move. (Which has 3 options, 1 being an overhead- must be in very close to use the overhead ;) )
Hawkgirl ultimately wants to start smashing you with her mace, lows, to low, mid, overhead mix up.. This is nothing fancy, just basic defense.. While smashing you low and high with her mace, watch out or her backflip, this is wing evade and will most likely be the over head variety. If your defense is on point- a frustrated Hawkgirl will start throwing- (unsure if she has good/better than normal range on he throw, or if her wing animation makes it appear that way), watch for this!
-Notes about her mace normals:
D1 is quick, can double tap, and has decent reach..Eats up Harley's D1. Her overhead (non wing evade) is easy to block if you know what to look for (HG jumps up with mace in both hands and comes down on Harley's head).
Hawkgirl has a godlike jr. D2 uppercut with her mace (I refer to her as baby Aquaman in this regard) if she is crouched and expecting the jump in, you are getting beat 100% of the time. (So mix it up!!).

Harley can out zone Hawkgirl- her mace toss has poor start up (she whirls it over her head) and a gun shot hits her out of it, can be ducked , be careful, Hawkgirl can MB her mace toss and she is coming in right behind it.(1,2 combo mace and body smash). Don't sleep on the MB version.

Hawkgirl IN THE AIR!!!!

Do not freak out!!! She has a dive kick, kind of wonky if you ask me.. If she is hovering above you.. Is she at your front or back? if she is at your front, normal high block, if she is favoring the rear...the divekick is coming in as a cross up, block accordingly and B2,2- follow up. (Remember- she is all about being high, she does not like crouching- so if she is crouching, expect the D1 or D2- depending on what you are doing). Ways that Hawkgirl will attempt to get in divekick range? Normal fly or that Hawkgirl spear special with mace leading (yes she can do it in the air as well) both truly unacceptable to use to get in on Harley due to us having Hawkgirls bane- CUPCAKE BOMBS!! Regular flavor or extra strength.. These eat Hawkgirl up alive and takes away her superior air mobility. Save Meter for Cupcakes and MB B3 punish!!! Again, be wary of mace toss from mid-ish range from the air, MB mace toss has her following up directly behind.
Finally on Hawkgirl in the air- if she is full screen in the air- the MB cupcakes WILL hit her.. The only time it is a waste, is if she is full screen, FULL maximum height, hugging that upper corner, save it and advance slowly.. This is a tactic to try and lull you in for some damage, look for this tactic if she has meter- easily block able mace tosses from the air will soon then ino MB or divekicks and a loss to your health bar. Approach slowly... Have your cupcakes on standby and pop a few upward gunshots at her, SHE CANNOT BLOCK WHILE AIRBORNE!!! Get into ideal cupcake range and let em rip!

Don't panic on her offensive flurries and while she is in the air!!!if you have to see a few of her moves in action without risking a loss, take her into training and play with her, see what her specials do, see her capabilities.. Harley has the answer for he air mobility and can beat her on the ground.

Hope this helps :)

xWEBSx said:
Vs Joker

By some popular demand.. The very strange MU and mixed bag of Harley's Mistah J!!!

Where do I begin.. Joker appears to be a one dimensional character with a powerful yet limited projectile.. Completely Avoidable high/low projectile.. No apparent terrific rush down capabilities , and for some reason.. A godlike J3... Treat him like a one dimensional character and get lit up with a gas can and single match.. "Doopy doopy doooo" indeed.

Passive Joker:
Do not try to out zone Joker straight out.. If he is non aggressive and looking to range duel, you will lose. He can pick his shots, and on the trade, he wins, his gun is fast enough to knock you out of Pop Pop, Cupcakes and pistols... Where you CAN GET THE UPPER HAND is if you happen to catch him ducking or catch his pistol start up.. you can continue to walk gunshots in on him non stop(Harley becomes a runaway train and is VERY HARD to punish painfully) til you get at your comfortable range.. He has nothing really to counter this but ducking, or if you get to close, a well timed JI or NJ3 (between shots) A non pressure way is the walk/dash in duck ,then jump canister method famous to our Deathstroke/Sinestro MU's. patience is key on the passive Joker, he has no problem sitting in his corner, timing/holding his gunshot, tossing a canister or 5, and then setting up teeth traps to dare you to come in, and making you work to do so. What to do once you get in....

Aggressive Joker:

Joker wants to keep you out, he thrives on it.. He has a few tools to defend himself once you are in or he is on the move.. Know what you are looking for.. A good joker if close is going for momentum.. He is looking to set up his teeth to get you jumping back or ducking to block and will be looking to punish with his JI/NJ3. He is going to scare you with his JI3, DO NOT LET HIM HAVE HIS WAY... Backdash, and cupcakes, let him feel a few and make him think twice about his J3... Once Joker is in the air.. His J3 wins, do not attempt an A2A, either wait for it and block (then the follow up of teeth set up or his low kick, front flip flop (blocked low then high) or his low kick followed by his over head crowbar (only damaging if he has you trained to block low and meter to burn on his crowbar.. Again blocked low, then high) ) or stuff him outright with cupcakes (preferable), up gunshot ( in a pinch), RESIST THE URGE TO AIR TO AIR HIM.. That is his game in neutral air space.. The only way you beat his J3 is if your jump attack catches his jump attempt and stuffs him prior to seeing the crowbar (in the air), if you see the crowbar in the air, he has won the air, keep your feet planted and look at positioning... Am I safe to hit him with cupcake or gunshot.? Or do I need a backdash or two? Close aggressive Joker can be tricky, his J2 & 3 both cross up well, look at his character and not his crowbar in this instance, if he appears to jumping above you- he is going for the cross over.. His J 3 has too much range to be utilizing it that close.. If he is J3 happy, then he starts switching to J2, he may be fishing for a cross up as well. If joker is successful on his cross up, prepare for teeth traps.. But as Harley, our true strength is not letting him get his way.

-Note: Aggressive Joker can turn to Passive joker at any time.. And vice versa... Be flexible and know which you are dealing with!

We want To fight Joker just outside his twirling sweep range.. This close he cannot resist doing that sweep and that is one time to strike.. And his standing crowbars are not at optimal range and punishable as well..He will bait out your low attack with a low knife stab, you match him low for low, his sweep is coming.. NJ the read and punish. Once you get a hold of Joker it is important to stick on him, his wake up options are meh..(beware the overhead crowbar) punish his missed crowbars and jumping crowbars (FROM THE GROUND), punish that sweep, know what you are looking for and do NOT let Joker have the momentum.

Show Mistah J we had enough of his shit!

Hope this helps :)

Ramon said:
you have to really keep away from KF. She cant space you out. and if you keep in the air she cant do much to you. I have a tournament match against her if you'd like to see it here.

Mood4food77 said:
the announcers literally knew nothing about harley quinn, they kept thinking her TS~1 is an overhead, might be why you kept hitting the killer frost.
Ramon said:
you cant blame him. Who plays Harley in tournament?

GuamoKun

CTZero said:
vs. Lex Luthor
- Who would have thought this could be another uphill battle. As a Harley player, getting in and staying in on Lex is key to this. Reason why I say this is because his setups and traps from a distance make this match-up frustrating. As long as he is building meter, he will have control and dictate the pace of the match against Harley. Also, his range and reach (Jump 3), is a major advantage for him.

- If Lex knocks Harley down and both are full screen, Lex can trap with Meter Burn Lex Probe, Gravity Mine, and has the option to use a series of regular or meter burn Orbital Strike (unblockable). This trap is a bit difficult to get out for Harley, and Lex is building meter during this process.

- For Harley, if you are able to get Lex in the corner, then it's major problems for him. Harley has her dirty setups, frametraps, and high/low corner combo opportunities into Playing Doctor as well as other possibilities.

xWEBSx said:
out zones Harley in both forms.. His escrima stance: He ducks your gunshots, you jump his sparks- draw! You are more mobile during his escrima stance (during a fire fight)- use it to get half way and air gunshot him for his trouble: Careful of his wingding counters.
Staff stance: call him Aquaman.. Just like you should NOT try to outzone AM, you should treat staff stance the same. You rule this MU in the air and outside sweep distance.. His lack of mobility/jumping should be taken advantage of.. And Staff Nightwing is ALL about momentum.. Once he gets going he is hard to stop.. Use push block to get some space and don't let him gain momentum.

xWEBSx said:
Vs Raven
Vs Green Lantern:

I group these two match-ups together.. Mainly because they focus on one thing to try and get the damage.. The ring/soul throw/crush. People will charge these two characters with abandon and get themselves snapped in half in the process.

They can NOT beat Harley in a firefight.. They both have rhythmic projectiles..you CAN get a shot off, and duck their damage. You want to annoy the hell out of them from as far as possible as long as possible and MAKE them come to you. This makes them a LOT less scary because what makes them scary is that throw move from (Raven- soul crush) damn near full screen, (Green Lantern-Lanterns Might) generously outside sweep (FURTHER if his trait is on)..While they are frustrated and trying to get in (Raven) prefers demon form, jump teleport (only guess is, is she appearing to my front or my back), Lantern is dashing, jumping, or his jumping Turbine Jet engine (which MB cupcakes eat alive). And guess what?!?!? They are NOT crushing!!

When you let these two control the tempo of the match, when you let these two get a life lead you really hurt yourself because they can just shell up and eat your offensive advance alive... This is what they want to do..

4% a hit off your gunshots may not seem like much damage, however if they are missing all their green missiles and blue orbs, if all of Ravens crushes are getting blocked.. That 4% per hit adds up.. Best believe they are going to start coming for you.. And that is what we want.
:)

Hope it helps!

PS: From my experience, Raven will either come at you looking for a combo out of a jump, or will back straight up to annoy you with her projectiles. If she should start the round with soul crush or her range throw.. The crush is more similar to Lantern, however.. You have a smaller punish window, the throw version she can escape the TS With down block or jump leaving you punishable (NOT WORTH THE RISK). Pay attention to Ravens hands.. As long as they have purple glow, after blocked soul crush, she cannot act.. This is your time to move/punish.

Safe starting bets against Raven- walk backward. This will block her soul crush, her projectile, any jump ins and she may even be waking backward herself

xWEBSx said:

Sinestro/Deathstroke- PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. These two MU's come to a screeching halt.. DS is trying to bait you into his sword flip, Sinestro trying to bait you into his axes. Watch for them, wait for them, and do NOT rush. Keep an eye on their meter.. if they have meter you know it is getting used..Take your time at getting in and once you are in.. Do what you can to stay there. The majority of zoning heavy Sinestro/DS are blocking high ( trying to back up and give themselves room), hit low if close and punish accordingly.
xWEBSx said:
One of my hardest as well.. Key to him is getting close and hurting him..Trouble is "getting in close"

Only keys I can share about my experiences are:
- most Sinestro's block high a majority of the time (constantly backing up to get themselves space) so really he is only eating chip damage from afar.
- he has no real options from crouch... So getting him to crouch is key... That opens up over heads and jump ins plus stops his backward momentum.
- if you trap h in the corner, beware of axe combo and throws.
- if you get close and his D is eating up all your O, don't be afraid to throw.
-Silly slide Boulders, block fear balls.

PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE!!

Also, check on Sinestro MU board.. See what gives him trouble and try to re-enact it Quinn style :)

xWEBSx said:

Vs Solomon Grundy: if he is sitting full screen.. You know his grave hands are coming.. D,F1 beats him to the punch. Grundy likes to dash or jump to close ground.. Read which type you are playing and punish from there. You have WAY more range tools in this MU, no real need to get close. Do not let Grundy lull you in to getting close to sweep distance.. That is where he wants to be. Air guns and straight guns keep him at bay. If he starts ducking this shots.. MB cupcakes.
xWEBSx said:
-Grundy- MB swamp hands can be blocked low.. Your horizontal gun shots beat him out of regular swamp hands, forcing poor Solomon favor the D to block position (which they tend to favor after multiple dashes anyway). Grundy is your typical grappler- and logic says.. KEEP HIM AWAY AT ALL COST (see Zangief in SF).

Once Grundy gets in.. F3 works wonders on a dash happy Grundy... Don't be afraid to MB B3 if you have a trait grab happy Grundy.. When he advances- you should not be aiming to hit Grundy from the front.. You want to get over top of him and let his momentum carry him forward and attack from behind. Grundy can NOT out zone Harley. It is when Harley quits winning the zoning battle, gets bored and decides to get cute and smack Grundy that usually ends up in a dead Harley.

CTZero said:
- vs Superman's f+2,3~Super Breath pressure
It is possible for Harley to use her back dash to get out of Superman's block string pressure. However, it requires somewhat of a strict timing. Other ways to get out of this string are...

1. If meter is applicable, press the Meter Burn button to push him away.
2. Get hit by the Super Breath (9-10% damage)

Any Harley Quinn player should stay out of the sweep range vs. Superman due to his f+2 footsie string having priority over Harley in most situations.

In my video, I forgot to add some notes:
- Do not block Superman's f+2,3~Super Breath standing. Even if you attempt to back dash, you will be hit by the f+2 and suffer a combo.

- Block the string low, then block high when Super Breath appears. Due to back dashing having invincible properties, the f+2,3 string will whiff as long as you hold back after you back dash.

- Harley's b+2,2 will not connect nor will her standing normal attacks after you've successfully back dashed the string. You can attempt TS,1 for a combo since Superman's recovery off of his string is long.
Ronald_A_Knox said:
And then you kinda run into the problem of Heat Vision zoning, which Harley needs to get in on or she'll be outchipped. It's not really hard to dashblock against this kind of stuff, i'm just saying it kinda has to be done.
xWEBSx said:
And then you eat half bar or more health blocking and getting in on heat vision.. Specially if Supes has meter. I would rather deal with the string pressure
xWEBSx said:
Superman is all about the life lead and punishing slow normals FROM THE RIGHT RANGE. when a bit further from sweep Many Supes cant lay off the F2,3 (and why should they?) but all it takes for Harley is not even blocking, back dashing (before block range) then reaching out and touching him with a B3/MBB3 or F3/MBF3..and if you prove to the Superman that he can't hurt you with his lasers (by giving him a good punish or two for his efforts) he will be forced to play more honest..
However if it comes down to the line with the clock ticking and are both at low health, and you both have meter, its his victory as nothing in Harley's arsenal can punish his air lasers from full screen and his trait and chip alone can finish you, couple that with the fact that if Supes is sitting on FULL meter.. He can literally punish any attempt you give at getting in or attacking with the best punish super in the game, and that my friends means gg for Harley.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Many people bring up Deathstroke as an issue- I feel that he is a kind of one trick pony with "different" zoning tools that will be exposed in some time.

A competent Sinestro player on the other hand.... *sigh* nothing but trouble...

Sinestro isn't a problem. You can block his rock and his chains. Force him to come in while you swap back from spamming gun shots to blocks. His melee isn't good. And his range is only as good as you let it be. Its all blockable.

On the other hand, deathstrokes projectile's actually comeout and hitstun. No matter if you block, you're getting it.

Characters That I have trouble with are amazing Green lantern and deathstrokes.

ZAV1010

[RS]ZAV
I main Harley Quinn. So far Flash seems to be easy to beat. Aquaman gave me some trouble, but my game was pretty even in terms of health. Green Arrow wasn't too difficult to beat. I have yet to play against any Deathstrokes.

serge

Noob
Deathstroke is giving me lots of trouble but that's mainly because I struggle against ranged attack spam in general.

Both Deathstroke and Sinestro give me lots of trouble. Those two characters are the only ones I don't use Harley against.

I've been consistently beating Solomon Grundy for free though. There's no reason to get close so I just play the keepaway with gunshots (ground and air) and EX cupcake bomb at fullscreen.

Xaltis

Noob
How do you beat a Deathstroke that spams bullets at you and spins at you when you have to jump to approach him???

Eshi

Noob
The bullets on block are negative and don't push you back. You'll get in.

Eventually.
Also, Harley's Tantrum stance doesn't get hit by his machine gun once she's lying down. once the active frames are gone she can roll forward to get right on top of him. I don't think this match-up is as bad as people think, zoners will always be difficult until players get used to their options.

JS0NNY

Noob
how do you guys play against and get around a good green lantern, as I am really struggling against him

Eshi

Noob
on another note - how the fuck does Harley escape Doomsday's EX Supernova? It tracks and is unblockable and Harley has nothing with super armor. Does she just HAVE to eat it? Can she escape with a well-timed slippy slide?

redeyes

Button Masher
its been 6 days. we just saw our 1st major and we still cant say MU numbers cause this game is so early.

on another note - how the fuck does Harley escape Doomsday's EX Supernova? It tracks and is unblockable and Harley has nothing with super armor. Does she just HAVE to eat it? Can she escape with a well-timed slippy slide?
well timed back dash for invincibility frames <3

how do you guys play against and get around a good green lantern, as I am really struggling against him
Yeah, its really hard. If you play defensive he throws green darts at you. If you play too aggressive he can do that grab that covers like 40% of the stage on ground and in the air.

I have never won against a decent GL player.

i've come close, and what I do is block his early aggressiveness and punish it. Never pursue a good GL, you'll just get grabbed.

His combo's are so free if you get hit by one single range/air grab on harley. I think you can wager it? I'm not to sure about ex canceling thought. I've tried.

redeyes

Button Masher
For all of u asking how to play a good xx.

heres the answer:

study their frame data & punish things that are unsafe. cause atm everyone is throwing out strings not caring about frames.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Meter Burn B+3 free punish for 1 bar.

This is wrong I tested it, you have enough time to dash only after machinegun, High pistol, High Pistol whether ducked or blocked the dash will get hit. Same for command dash and canceled to Tantrum. Command dash to super works at 1/2 screen. (note you will take 6% for this)

Also completely wrong. Also tested. Doing it on reaction to machinegun he gets you out of the air, on anticipation he gets the start of your roll if you roll while bullets are up if you time it to the end of it he can easily hit you with DF3 (Sword Spin) on reaction. This is something that just doesn't work.

I'm making a video to show this stuff now, but honestly Harley has a terrible time against zoning and neither of these suggestions actually work.

It seems that my experience was a little misleading regarding dashing in between the projectiles, most likey due to online environment and/or the skill of Deathstroke players that I've encountered before.

To me the cupcake bomb is the fastest way to close the distance, even though it will end in a trade. Good stuff.