What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I've played Harley mirrors where every air trade of j1 vs. j2 had the j1 winning. It's definitely a better air-to-air if you're close enough, though j2 is still godly.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'll bite. What are the first impressions of the Harley vs MMH MU?
Been working a lot since he's come out so haven't had a chance to play against people using him.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I'll bite. What are the first impressions of the Harley vs MMH MU?
Been working a lot since he's come out so haven't had a chance to play against people using him.
Well, the teleport isn't a problem for the most part. A jump in j2 works on both teleports... it stuffs the one from beneath, and makes the overhead one whiff. Then you can just b3 on the opposite side when you land to punish. Besides that, I'm not too sure.... Harley's zoning seems to work in the matchup.

marc

Noob
To go along with what Deg said, MB b3 works wonders. Observe this video from Mr. Tom Brady.

The most important thing I think is to know how his trait works.

His strings change their hit locations creating high low mix-ups when the trait is active.

Thank you Tom for showing people and creating your video.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
How exactly does one go about fighting Aquaman with Harley? I can't zone him, I can't combo him with mixups, and jumping over his tridents seem almost impossible because the hitbox on them is so huge.

you put the controller down as you lose the match-up...

but for realz, mid range is your best bet, his zoning options are very unsafe on block and at this range you can punish both of them with a gun shot

serge

Noob
Dodging the tridents requires the use of air gun shots consistently. If you don't, you'll get hit almost everytime. Also MB them if you have to but you can't get hit by the tridents. I usually don't bother too much with the mix ups and try to catch him with TS1 right away so he can't trait out of the combo. Have him block high with air guns/cupcakes then fuck him up low.

serge

Noob
He has to trait as soon as TS hits or he gets juggled on the cartwheel. I personally prefer TS than 2u3 because it's easier to land on Aquaman.

serge

Noob
Yo anyone has an idea vs Green Lantern's B13 missile? Back dash between 3 and missiles seem to be the only option

serge

Noob
well the AI on very hard doesnt have any answer to b13 missile in the corner beside pushblock. If Harley cant push block shes pretty fucked

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
How do non zoners beat Harley I don't understand
Make sure you stay close to her and remember to duck the ground gun shots and stand block her cupcakes and air guns. /if they are persistent with just "spamming" guns crouch walk until you get in the right zone to attack.

serge

Noob
Harley is the ONLY character that can't forward dash because she gets hit by the missile.. any other ideas?

serge

Noob
Her legs get hit during the dash because she does a cartwheel. The only other character that can't forward dash the missile is Lex but he can just do his 6 frame charge and he's fine. Silly slide also gets hit.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I'm pretty new to Harley still, but what the heck do you guys do vs jumping 3's crazed folks online? Sometimes my d2 will hit, but I end up just doing d2 d2 and that dmg is awful T_T.

And once I'm in.. are my options usually, 11 combo, d1 combo, or b22 combo? seems like f2 is so slow, lol.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I'm pretty new to Harley still, but what the heck do you guys do vs jumping 3's crazed folks online? Sometimes my d2 will hit, but I end up just doing d2 d2 and that dmg is awful T_T.

And once I'm in.. are my options usually, 11 combo, d1 combo, or b22 combo? seems like f2 is so slow, lol.
Cancelling d2 into anti-air gunshots, then jumping in and doing 1,2 Play Doctor or 1,2,2 works well.

f2 is pretty slow but you won't get in very much without it. Any opponent who knows Harley is going to block low. You need to make a read to see if you have enough time to f2. It's good on a turtling opponent.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Cancelling d2 into anti-air gunshots, then jumping in and doing 1,2 Play Doctor or 1,2,2 works well.

f2 is pretty slow but you won't get in very much without it. Any opponent who knows Harley is going to block low. You need to make a read to see if you have enough time to f2. It's good on a turtling opponent.
Is there some good corner combos with the cartwheel starter? I always end up b3 and they bounce out when I get too close to the wall. I saw someone do like 47% to me :(