What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
so she misses the teleport?

baiting the teleport is what you want to do and if you can jump back and whiff punish it, you're golden
Mood: her recovery on teleport is not that bad to punish a whiffed teleport.. Also I am pretty sure she can punish all jumps on reaction..

as long as you hit her with j2, you get a combo off it, just saying (you can instant air it into 1)

she probably can, it's still in her favor and it's really an obnoxious fight because of the fear that her teleport puts you in bad situations
if harley wasn't so bad at the start of the match, this wouldn't be as big of an issue

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
as long as you hit her with j2, you get a combo off it, just saying (you can instant air it into 1)

she probably can, it's still in her favor and it's really an obnoxious fight because of the fear that her teleport puts you in bad situations
if harley wasn't so bad at the start of the match, this wouldn't be as big of an issue

what do you want me to say? you've shot down every advice i gave

it's basically bait out the teleport and punish it hard, stay in close and abuse her bad defenses

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
what do you want me to say? you've shot down every advice i gave

it's basically bait out the teleport and punish it hard, stay in close and abuse her bad defenses
And I appreciate your advice Mood.. But I have to handle it with care seeing you argue in past MU experience that GL is damn near un winnable battle even though I see multiple people giving you solid options and reasons on why its not..

I ask for Batgirl advice and get, stay in on her and beat her in the air.. To which I counter with my belief that air is asking to be punished. You then tell me to bait teleport by jumping back in the air and try to land a J2 into J1 into full combo (again putting you in the air).. Do you not see the fault here?

If you are not overly familiar with the MU I want you to say something along the lines as - OHHHHHHH... Nice, maybe someone with handing Batgirl her ass will respond and help out?

i never said j2 into j1 as a combo, i'm saying both j2 and j1 are good at stuffing her jump in attacks

i've fought a lot of them and the best bet was to try and bait the teleport if you happened to get some distance between the two

i did say i'm not 100% sure if jumping back will make her teleport whiff but if it does, landing a j2 will give you a free combo, if jumping away doesn't work...then i was wrong

you basically have to stay close range on her because of her teleport as baiting it is just about your only option when not close range

your j1 and j2 stuff all of her air attacks so if she tries to approach from the air and you see her throw an attack out, jump straight at her and "overpower" her attacks, you win them like 95% of the time

she's a pain in the ass, but your goal is to not let her get away from you, harley's pressure isn't the best but you have to throw every trick you've got at batgirl and stuff out every teleport opportunity she tries to throw at you

also, don't get stuck in the corner, you lose the match instantly

Lets talk about Batgirl:

She has a fast dash, annoying, yet duckable projectile, annoying bola, predictable, yet pain in the ass (and yes punishable) teleport, high/lows for days, breaks MB B/F3... Godlike cartwheel with real options after it (what Harley's TS should be like by the way!!)

Seems to me like she works/dashes in to open you up with cartwheel shenanigans, then make you guess high/low.. Since she is so quick, my problem is usually not defending her, but landing a solid hit/punish on her (only time it seems to happen is in baited/blocked teleports) and I just get worn down over time. I believe she will back up and start tossing batarangs and bolas - baiting your zoning for a teleport? Nothing that I am aware of gets out of port range.. It scoops up jumping, SS, dashing.. So blocking is the only option..
Help me improve on this pain in my ass..

Thoughts? How do you fight her? How do you bait her teleport? Do you have success against her? Optimal range of success?
Duck her batarangs and get ready to jump when you hear the bola startup. Give her some guns (dont spam them) staying like 1/4 screen all in the mindset of punishing a teleport or jumping in when she gets turtley. At this range you should be able to stay out of her mixups and force her to eventually teleport

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Duck her batarangs and get ready to jump when you hear the bola startup. Give her some guns (dont spam them) staying like 1/4 screen all in the mindset of punishing a teleport or jumping in when she gets turtley. At this range you should be able to stay out of her mixups and force her to eventually teleport
Nice- faced a few Batgirls today and this seemed to work nicely..

Also.. Punishing a dash happy Batgirl with a well times B3 seems to work..
Was not brave enough to attempt allowing her to get closer for B2,2.. Any feedback on how B2,2 works on her?

it's there to keep her in check, kinda like how you would use b3 but at closer ranges obviously

i wouldn't just throw it out there too much because the distance at which you can, she's usually in range for her cartwheel and that's something you don't want to mess with

it punishes her teleport though, so punish a blocked teleport with it

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
Does SS into TS work well against her. I think since Harley flying across the screen and then going low will be solid to shut her Teleport. I haven't faced many Batgirls (4,5 max) so I don't know how the MU is .

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Does SS into TS work well against her. I think since Harley flying across the screen and then going low will be solid to shut her Teleport. I haven't faced many Batgirls (4,5 max) so I don't know how the MU is .
The only issue I have found using raw SSxxTS is if she times it right, teleport picks you up out of her dive kick :(

how does scorpion cover her bad match-ups?

i know people are saying he does well against sinestro and superman, so maybe he could be a great secondary for harley quinn to have

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
The only issue I have found using raw SSxxTS is if she times it right, teleport picks you up out of her dive kick :(
Sigh, hopefully I get some experience so I can help out then.

how does scorpion cover her bad match-ups?

i know people are saying he does well against sinestro and superman, so maybe he could be a great secondary for harley quinn to have
Scorpion is a decent secondary for anyone. IMO he's really easy to use and takes little skill to understand him. He is like Batgirl with the whole "anti-zone" thing, but better. So try it out, it'll work wonders against Harley's worse MUs.

cause i was thinking scorpion is the biggest buff harley has ever gotten since her worst match-ups are pure zoners and scorpion (being easy as hell to use) beats those guys pretty badly

i was just going to learn him for that purpose

Fun GL matchup fact: unless he delays his B1 on your wakeup you can block the B1/F3 mixup every time since his B1 is about twice as quick as his F3. So you wake up blocking low, then switch to high.

Obviously this won't help against GLs that know what's up, but it definitely helps against the ones that don't.

you can't play up close with him (dd's normals > harley's normals)
you can't zone him (and due to her shitty dash, getting out of supernova is harder for her than other characters)
you can't play midscreen against him (his armored dash move beats out her options)

he's got all the options to deal with harley anywhere on the screen and harley only does damage in a combo, her gunshots doing pathetic damage means dd has no problem taking a hit here and there to just close the gap

serge

Noob
SS forward to dodge the supernova then TS1 back on DD. He will get hit before recovering from supernova.

booivi

Good Game :)
I have a friend who plays with batman all the time and all he does is j2 to get in. It pisses me off because itactually works against me, what to do?

j1, stuffs it 95% of the time

like sf style, instantly input 1 after you jump, works wonders against non-body disjointed/bodyspalsh jump-ins

Harley has no good AA especially for batmans JI2. Usually when i play against batman im the aggressor. Some things you can try on defense is d1 poke after block his ji2. Pushblock him (especially if he approaches behind bats). Or stay 1/4 screen and bugger the shit out of him with guns/jump guns.

You own batman at range though