What's new

GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia Pa)

mcpeanuts
blueNINE
what are your guys travel plans for this?

To any1 else going, what is the price range on the hotles / is any1 willing to split rooms? im kind of low on money right now and not sure about the 6.5 hour drive/pirce, but really want to compete im still thinking.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
FlipinFlava and I will be coming from NOVA!
Oh hells yes. Excellent.

Guys...it's almost time.

After a long winter of baited anticipation...we are mere days away from the sleeper show of the fucking year.

And I can promise you, if I have to invest in giant goggles, a megaphone, and a Skarlet cosplay suit and run from village to dell preaching the glory of the Kombat Ball At Winter Brawl, it will be done.

Gentlemen...I look forward to spilling digital blood and climbing the tower with the lot of you.

Let all the world believe.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
mcpeanuts
blueNINE

To any1 else going, what is the price range on the hotles / is any1 willing to split rooms? im kind of low on money right now and not sure about the 6.5 hour drive/pirce, but really want to compete im still thinking.
If you need a room, you can bunk with me. PM me if interested

Shady

Noob
Oh hells yes. Excellent.

Guys...it's almost time.

After a long winter of baited anticipation...we are mere days away from the sleeper show of the fucking year.

And I can promise you, if I have to invest in giant goggles, a megaphone, and a Skarlet cosplay suit and run from village to dell preaching the glory of the Kombat Ball At Winter Brawl, it will be done.

Gentlemen...I look forward to spilling digital blood and climbing the tower with the lot of you.

Let all the world believe.
So I had this dude visit me from the future. He was in Philly and he said the city was rioting a week from now. Some crazy Canadian 6'5 sasquach who kept calling himself Shady and a human box wrecked the shit out of this cheesecake joint apparently for not having enough salt, they then proceeded rampaging through the city. One chanting NDC, the other one screaming something about lots of ice.....

The rioting did not stop for 4 days afterwards.. They say Philly will never be the same.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If it doesn't happen as a side event in between pools and top 16 I'll be hosting an auction tournament Saturday night. 8 characters will be drawn randomly and the bidding to enter the tournament with then will start with $1. Characters will not be doubled up on; single elimination tournament.

Also, let me know if there are any other money matches taking place so we can stream them. As of now I only know of @KTSmith vs Myself. (btw, I can do Smoke resets 100% of the time and I'm using the invis glitch on your ass).

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If it doesn't happen as a side event in between pools and top 16 I'll be hosting an auction tournament Saturday night. 8 characters will be drawn randomly and the bidding to enter the tournament with then will start with $1. Characters will not be doubled up on; single elimination tournament.

Also, let me know if there are any other money matches taking place so we can stream them. As of now I only know of @KTSmith vs Myself. (btw, I can do Smoke resets 100% of the time and I'm using the invis glitch on your ass).
i hope sindel gets drawn.. im in on that.

Shady

Noob
You'll probably get her for $1.
Speaking of umbrellas

Also, speaking of money matches, I think me and OneBoxyRobot are doing the ft5 Hidden Random Select Cheesesteak Match that I would absolutely love to have streamed. Hidden Random Select is the funnest ever.... And yeah, even the winner will have to gamble again to keep things interesting.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Speaking of umbrellas

Also, speaking of money matches, I think me and OneBoxyRobot are doing the ft5 Hidden Random Select Cheesesteak Match that I would absolutely love to have streamed. Hidden Random Select is the funnest ever.... And yeah, even the winner will have to gamble again to keep things interesting.
Sounds good. Ideally with time in between each set of pools it would be nice to have a special event to break things up and allow for some unique hype. ft5 might be too long however, how about best of 5?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'll MM anyone in any setting in between pools on stream :)

Edit: Actually maybe not any setting >_>

My Mileena vs your wtv/my secondary vs your whoever

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

:D. That sounds cool as hell. Count me in. Ill be hoping for at least Noob or Kenshi.

Shady (dude, us causing riots over cake = best way to laugh waking up in the morning) and me in the Battle Of The Golden Cheesesteak can go best of 5, that's squishy with me.
We figured, if we're in Philly, and there are already muffin matches & more Whopper chaos, it'd make perfect sense to have a match for a cheesesteak.

rev0lver: If we can get teams together, I definitely still want to do the teams battle at some point.
I know me and DanCock still need a 3'rd, I gotta go update the players list at some point.

Sindel is so worth more than a dollar.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'll bid 2$ just to make DanCock pony up more :p.

Also, both Sonya and Kabal are widely used so I'll go broke trying to bid for them. Stryker however, there I only have to compete with Maxter.
I'll be the only goof bidding for Sub-Zero & Saibot :D.
I'll go broke as well trying to get Cy or Mac. But the Kuei Brothers are a safe bet, unless Hitoshura dives in.
This is gonna be really cool. I've never heard of such an idea.

THREE EFFIN' DAYS!!!!

mcpeanuts
blueNINE

We're planning on leaving from blueNINE's place on Friday morning. There may or may not be room left in the car, I'm waiting to hear back from some people. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Ok. I want Canada. Shady Jer
You can be the Guns Of The North. Hyyyyyyyyyype.

BTW, Kombat aside, I reeeeeeeeeeally wanna hit a karaoke bar while I'm in Philly.
I hope I'm not the only one. We could make it a thing. Kombat Karaoke.
The musician in me is DYING to perform, even if its just drunken japanese sing-along time.
Anybody interested, lemme know :D.
I'm thinking Aerosmith, Bruno Mars, and either version of "Turn The Page."
I promise I dont suck...

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I am confirmed for WB now! Psyched to meet you all in person and doing some ridiculous leveling up over this weekend.

Side note, I also enjoy drinking booze.

EDIT, PS: I have a setup I could bring, 22" HDMI 1080p monitor and my PS3 with all DLC. Would it be helpful for me to bring that?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I like the MK community and all; but this is how I train with my Marvel (and soon to be SFxT) buddies. Lets see if we can top this picture at Winter Brawl.

What I'm saying is; bring something stupid to wear.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Oh
I like the MK community and all; but this is how I train with my Marvel (and soon to be SFxT) buddies. Lets see if we can top this picture at Winter Brawl.

What I'm saying is; bring something stupid to wear.
Maybe my paw will let me borrow the buggy and we can see how many mk players we can stuff in it.

Isn't it strange that you all own vests...it's like walking in on mysticism at work...