What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

Gilbagz

Joker here~
so 21 is 11 frames and still getting beat out by mashers after a d1. The math isn't adding up to me I'm having trouble believing this is a legit mid. but i still have 32 that works fine so I'm not that hurt about it.
If you're doing j1 into 2,1 from a high height its not plus enough for the 2,1 to frame trap the d1.

The d1 has to hit before you continue pressure. If it's blocked you pretty much sacrificed your turn, 21 will always get beat by a mashed d1 if your d1 is blocked since d1 is -2 on block. Unless you're fighting batman, interestingly his jab is very short ranged and will whiff if he mashes after blocking your d1.

The d1 has to hit before you continue pressure. If it's blocked you pretty much sacrificed your turn, 21 will always get beat by a mashed d1 if your d1 is blocked since d1 is -2 on block. Unless you're fighting batman, interestingly his jab is very short ranged and will whiff if he mashes after blocking your d1.
yeah I'm talking about after a d1 on hit I'm getting beat out by a masher. i expect not to get that string out after block especially a character with good buttons. but no one else seems to have this problem with this string so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

why isn't Jokers meter burn gunshot a mid? he has no legit chip damage from distance low gas can seems to slow and punishable from full screen and very other option is slow and easily reacted to. it feel like the joker has to take more risk then most of the cast in late match situations.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I really don't understand some things.
Why is high canister 41f? I wish I could use it likes Harley's cupcakes. Making it overhead could be nice too.
If a projectile is slow they usually make up for it by making it plus on block or recover quickly.

They should give us a low parry and an anti air parry. Db2d and db2u
If they don't do this give crow bar like 10f of invincibility

Gunshot hit box should be slightly lowered

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
so 21 is 11 frames and still getting beat out by mashers after a d1. The math isn't adding up to me I'm having trouble believing this is a legit mid. but i still have 32 that works fine so I'm not that hurt about it.
You're right, it isn't a real mid. Standing 2 completely misses short enough characters doing a low move. Happens to me all the time online.

I really don't understand some things.
Why is high canister 41f? I wish I could use it likes Harley's cupcakes. Making it overhead could be nice too.
If a projectile is slow they usually make up for it by making it plus on block or recover quickly.

They should give us a low parry and an anti air parry. Db2d and db2u
If they don't do this give crow bar like 10f of invincibility

Gunshot hit box should be slightly lowered
Smh if I had a penny for every time I woke up parried only to be jumped in on smh..

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Good to hear i wasn't the only one with this problem. is there any character that doesn't low profile the standing 2?
In my experience, fatties and most male characters using their mids. There are a ton though, that I miss completely when they sweep.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Damn man like its like the key to taking on joker is to just walk backwards and string forwards...seems like forward momentum string are KILLING his neutral game dudes..

I think all of seen from a lot of character is them holding back and their strings making up the lost space for them...

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
One of the reasons I didn't play this character is because I hate his trait but since everyone is saying it's ass maybe I'll try him out a bit.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Is it known that you can do push block combos into teeth? I thought for sure they wouldn't leave that in this time around...

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Trait doesn't matter and it's not why he's bad.
Look at sub zero from Mk to igau. The input from clone went from db2(or whatever it was) to 4. The utility of the tool within the toolkit is what matters more than the input

DeftMonk

Noob
Trait doesn't matter and it's not why he's bad.
Look at sub zero from Mk to igau. The input from clone went from db2(or whatever it was) to 4. The utility of the tool within the toolkit is what matters more than the input
No one is arguing the fact that the input for trait is simply hitting the trait button causes the trait to be shit? Trait is just shit.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
But they single it out like it's his problem. If a character has a bad or useless string. Don't use it. A character might otherwise be good besides one bad string and players don't say "buff this string"