What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
For those of you who didn't watch the stream, Joker is remaining untouched. He will continue to be one of the worse characters in this game while the other bad characters get buffed. Great Job NRS:

Rest In Peace Joker, you never had the chance to shine

Take it away, Mr. J:

Last edited:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I watched the stream. A lot of the top tier coming down may help him and he may still receive stealth hitbox fixes but I'm not totally disappointed with the changes

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I watched the stream. A lot of the top tier coming down may help him and he may still receive stealth hitbox fixes but I'm not totally disappointed with the changes
They will still play the same and with those buffs going to characters like supergirl and wonder woman, who already give joker a hard time, joker will legit be the worst character in the game.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
News Flash: Patches aren't Christmas for everyone.

They are letting these changes rock and seeing how the game shapes up. If he needs further improvements, he'll get them.

That said, stick with your character, grind and lab the changes made. One discovery can change an entire matchup.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I could care less what a top player has to say when they just want him to be top tier, not balanced.
Okay let me make this plain and simple for you. If you use Joker, then you would understand that he is simply NOT GOOD. Not like he is a new character, he is a legacy character. Not just any legacy character either. HE WAS ARGUABLY THE WORST CHARACTER in injustice 1. So when we (the joker community) saw him in injustice 2 we were optimistic. "Yeah guys maybe the learned from the last game, let's be hyped!" First day wow they nerfed joker?! Why?! Jokers still bad in this game with the only tools they gave him new was an extremely reactable, slow full screen unblockable attack that can be punished severely. Everything else? Lol nerfed.

Let it rock? Are you serious? We have dealt with an awful character for years and remain loyal to the character because we love the character. We took the high road in injustice 1 and didn't bitch. We got nothing. We bitched about it in this game. Still... got nothing. This character has a nearly dead community and you know Why? HE'S BAD!

SO unless you actually use the character competitively like we do, don't come in this thread and patronize us with comments like "let it rock" and "if he needs them later he will get them."

Bruh we thoroughly explain what was wrong with the character and they ignored us. We have grinded this character in and out for years and to the point that we feel we have learned enough to say we are sick of always struggling in 90% of his MU's and playing such an incomplete character for years.

This community barely has joker MU knowledge and yet continuously open their mouth when a joker player exposes that lack of knowledge. The lack of knowledge the community has on joker is because of the lack of people who use him, due to the fact that he's just not good and the community does nothing to help the character at all.

They get beat and instead of learning the MU, they say "wow jokers really good, why does the community think he needs buffs? They are crazy" (witch hunt ensues) instead of saying "wow I don't know that MU, maybe I should lab it."

We've already had joker players leave the community because this patch gave them hope. Now they are like fuck this.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick head but dude you just don't get it. Sonic fox is known to upplay and even he is saying joker needed it.

Last edited:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well guys, it's been fun.

I'm going to go back to other games. Probably not coming back to NRS games unless they someday show me they have a clue how to balance things. I should not get bodied with a character I have years of experience with, then turn around and make money with a day 0 Aquaman.

Any company that thinks the pre-patch state of this game was even mildly okay is one I can't trust to make a decent game anymore. It's been real. Cya folks.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Well guys, it's been fun.

I'm going to go back to other games. Probably not coming back to NRS games unless they someday show me they have a clue how to balance things. I should not get bodied with a character I have years of experience with, then turn around and make money with a day 0 Aquaman.

Any company that thinks the pre-patch state of this game was even mildly okay is one I can't trust to make a decent game anymore. It's been real. Cya folks.
It's been real fam