What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

Wigy

There it is...
Once you've by some miracle closed the distance how do you initiate?

Im doing b1 crowbar or d2 crowbar and praying it somehow lands

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Once you've by some miracle closed the distance how do you initiate?

Im doing b1 crowbar or d2 crowbar and praying it somehow lands
What I like to do is set some teeth down before you get in their face because without teeth Joker doesn't have that many ways to start pressure it seems. Teeth forces your opponent to do something, which you can use to follow up with something.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
This just in...joker is one of the several characters to NOT make it out of Combo Breaker pools...

Sigh...

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
well i like playing him but these things annoy me:

1. His anti air sucks. D2 is super slow and has shity range
2. No wake up (ok he has parry but thats super risky)
3. DB2 absolute useless

you can correct me i'm not high level player just casual. maybe there are things around this but i barely see Jokers online.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
well i like playing him but these things annoy me:

1. His anti air sucks. D2 is super slow and has shity range
2. No wake up (ok he has parry but thats super risky)
3. DB2 absolute useless

you can correct me i'm not high level player just casual. maybe there are things around this but i barely see Jokers online.
Parry is useful in a lot of matchups and his anti air is just fine. You're doing it too slow, I really can't believe anyone would ever call his D2 short range.

So I suck at teeth setups (can't get it to come out with down to to save my life) however I'm not having much trouble doing what I want at all!! If anything I get more rage quits with my jokes then my captain cold, I just make sure to punish with the 21 starter and after that I like to 50/50 after the wall bounce he's not that bad at all and it's only the beginning people!!!!

Wigy

There it is...
Parry is useful in a lot of matchups and his anti air is just fine. You're doing it too slow, I really can't believe anyone would ever call his D2 short range.
D2 aint short range but its not a great antiair compared with other characters.

He has no defence vs oki jump ins except staying down which is lame.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
D2 aint short range but its not a great antiair compared with other characters.

He has no defence vs oki jump ins except staying down which is lame.
It's not braindead. You have to actually know when your opponent wants to jump.

It just seems like everyone who wants to pick him up these past few days has a problem with his neutral and defence, which is 99% of the time a problem with their neutral and defence.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane

It just seems like everyone who wants to pick him up these past few days has a problem with his neutral and defence, which is 99% of the time a problem with their neutral and defence.
Don't ever change, @Qwark28

Gilbagz

Joker here~

preach~

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
also catwoman can just wakeup through corner unblockables with that air claws move. she doesnt have a hurtbox on her legs so she just goes through f3.

There has to be something to time that beats her wakeup. I found out that after joker's bnb, double dash into 32 will actually time correctly to beat a lot of invincible wakeups, Green Arrow's stinger and hurricane for example.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
how do you guys input db3f after d2 to come out so fast?
I input it like this.. Down and 2 at the same time, then Back and 3 at the same time, then Forward.

(In my controller settings, I have EVERYTHING turned off, like negative edge, input shortcuts, etc.)

You're probably not cancelling the jumpin or doing it from a height where it's not very +.
that might be the issue but i also get poked out of its around the start up after a d1. is that string not fast enough i can't remember the exact frames of 21.