What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
How do you guys play neutral. Seems sweep and b1 are his only good tools for it
His d2 is always getting beat out as well.

Best tip ive got is stay down and b13 trip guard.
Yea as stated above i use b13 mostly or d2 or bf3 depending on the distance...but if the oppenents full screen things start to get real rough...

BanTheTesters

He definitely feels hard to play, but I'm not giving up on him just yet. I really gotta learn those midscreen teeth combos.
Nah i stuck with joker till the end of Injus 1 (picked up a pocket character but then went back to just maining him)

Its rough agaisnt some match ups....and people wont stop pressing buttons against him it seems...once ppl figure that works to stop set ups...its ohno.com lol

BanTheTesters

Idk man anyone else having issues doing teeth set ups? Like stated here ppl are either walking backwards out of it or jumping out...

Actually lately cats will either d1 or d2 completely before the animation recovers thus breaking the set up...

Between that and having to look out for the full screen service and wake ups plus forward momentum string from some of the cast its been hello darkness my old friend mode playing a bit...

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Idk man anyone else having issues doing teeth set ups? Like stated here ppl are either walking backwards out of it or jumping out...
Tbh I haven't really been using setups at all yet, mostly because of how early in the game we are and because I still have to learn to properly lab setups.

So far I've been using teeth in the neutral to force some type of reaction out of my opponent. It's worked out well enough and once I can get my trait up consistently, I can try doing some jump-ins combined with the teeth for some hard to blocks (though that'll probably end up being a gimmick down the line).

Wigy

There it is...
Why does he have no range on literally anything. Once people start dealing with crazy run better its gg's for joker.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Why does he have no range on literally anything. Once people start dealing with crazy run better its gg's for joker.
Yeah I've been having trouble with that as well. I would pay hard cash for better range on F2, it barely reaches further than S2 if at all.

BanTheTesters

ive already had ppl start to figure out to just d1 him out of it or just flat out react to it...its about to be a rap lol

Tbh I haven't really been using setups at all yet, mostly because of how early in the game we are and because I still have to learn to properly lab setups.

So far I've been using teeth in the neutral to force some type of reaction out of my opponent. It's worked out well enough and once I can get my trait up consistently, I can try doing some jump-ins combined with the teeth for some hard to blocks (though that'll probably end up being a gimmick down the line).
yea ive been messing with teeth a bit that way ill continue to use it and see whats up. But some of these forward momentum strings the cast has out here are really going to mess this dude up in the long run...

BanTheTesters

Man. I just look at the plethora of tools all the other characters have and wonder why the joker has so little. Maybe hes just a character that will take ages to flesh out.

How are you using each jump in. I find j2 to be horrible.. Might be missing something
I usually go j1 to start stuff, no j2 unless its to go into f23 crowbar

Wigy

There it is...
Again, like injustice 1 i play him and then i feel like ten minutes on supergirl i'd be much better.

Wigy

There it is...
You're not shying away from a little extra challenge now are you ;)
I mained bo for ages i dont mind challenges but i dont see anything good about joker yet. I just like him cause his style. Alting black adam too so i will stick with him and pray for a buff to his f2 or something

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Supergirl makes me cry. She's so tough to beat, Superman and Black Adam are cakewalks in comparison.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Supergirl makes me cry. She's so tough to beat, Superman and Black Adam are cakewalks in comparison.
My most hated matchup as well, she seems so easy mode when it comes to everything. Fast advancing string into 2nd hit low cancelled into a breath that's difficult to interrupt and has ages to hitconfirm, as well as being made safe with MB?

BanTheTesters

With the super girl match up it seems that once people figure out low breath stops jokers start up game its a wrap on his pressure...cant seem to get anything started

EDIT: its also a combo of blocking her low breath then blocking her high forward momentum string or blocking her high low string...its rough out there in the injustice streets for a clown prince so far...

Last edited:
Joker seems to have a ton of nuance, so much that you're going to have to put in more work in the early stages to start seeing results compared to the intuitive nature of the rest of the cast. I'm new to Injustice, but from what I understand the things that made joker bad in the first game were the inconsistent/glitched out nature of his hitboxes. Seems like they fixed those issues and added some buffs with the only downside of losing that flower move (looked pretty strong in the first game).

We also have Alioune and Notez to help develop an optimized joker

Anyways, wouldn't it be optimal to end his midscreen BnBs into sweep? The hard knockdown gives us an ambiguous left/right mixup followup or at the very least guaranteed pressure. Sonic fox did a followup to MB Canister with B3 D2 Teeth into 324 D3 and got a safe jump. If you inch forward slightly after the sweep, you can time the Jump 2 to hit in front or as a crossup at the same spacing.

There's also the potential of the 21 hitconfirm, since there's a lot of possible decisions to make after it being blocked. Can just go into 212 for the safe teeth/mb canister/crowbar cancel, b1 for the gunshot hitconfirm (or you're getting punished), jump, ect.

I'd say so far the best ender is situational. Alioune's combo that ends with the air b13 knockdown causes a SHKD which allows two dashes and near the corner 1 dash into teeth so thats best for near corner. Alioune's combo that ends with sweep is best if you know your not getting corner so you can get the ambiguous left/right from the j2. So far i can't really think of a good reason to do a combo activating his trait since you dont really need the trait for Alioune's sweep combo so id say just get the dmg.

For sure, going for a teeth setup is always better when you've got the opponent cornered. My main concern is getting the best oki at all times, or at least the best corner carry