What's new

#GrumpyBat: The Joker General Discussion Thread

Wigy

There it is...
His d2 is always getting beat out as well.

Best tip ive got is stay down and b13 trip guard.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
How do you guys play neutral. Seems sweep and b1 are his only good tools for it
In the neutral I either zone or use D2 (though I find it very hard to AA with on reaction). F23 into a combo works well enough as a trip guard.

I also try to use teeth in the neutral because they have very low recovery and can force your opponent to either block low or jump.

Wigy

There it is...
In the neutral I either zone or use D2 (though I find it very hard to AA with on reaction). F23 into a combo works well enough as a trip guard.

I also try to use teeth in the neutral because they have very low recovery and can force your opponent to either block low or jump.
Yeah i started doing that, makes people panic and you just d2 them

DDutchguy

Yeah i started doing that, makes people panic and you just d2 them
D2 is kind of half-half in terms of how good it is though. It has incredible range and can be converted off of a decent amount of the time, but as an anti-air I'm not too sure on it. It doesn't seem to have much priority and using it on anything but a read (which can cost you if their jump punch hits) is very risky.

Wigy

There it is...
D2 is kind of half-half in terms of how good it is though. It has incredible range and can be converted off of a decent amount of the time, but as an anti-air I'm not too sure on it. It doesn't seem to have much priority and using it on anything but a read (which can cost you if their jump punch hits) is very risky.
Depends on the MU some characters have ridic jump ins like batman.

I just have no idea how to initiate pressure vs characters like green lantern with long range normals and crazy jump ins. Teeth will just get you lifted by a good player

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've been using it with success as a dash and jump-in check. Although you can't react to jumps if you don't anticipate them

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I feel above/ behind him there's part of the d2 hitbox missing. But then I see characters like flash/ batman/ maybe black Adam d2's with hitboxes behind them and wonder how that ever happened

Wigy

There it is...
Man. I just look at the plethora of tools all the other characters have and wonder why the joker has so little. Maybe hes just a character that will take ages to flesh out.

How are you using each jump in. I find j2 to be horrible.. Might be missing something

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Man. I just look at the plethora of tools all the other characters have and wonder why the joker has so little. Maybe hes just a character that will take ages to flesh out.
Same. I've been trying out other characters instead.

What are our options on wake up and dealing with pressure? db2 just doesn't seem very good vs a lot of the cast. t's also quite easy to bait it out.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez

How are you using each jump in. I find j2 to be horrible.. Might be missing something
i agree and j2 seems like shit now. He went from an oki/ reset monster in i1 to a lackluster footsie character with a lackluster trap game

DDutchguy

i agree and j2 seems like shit now. He went from an oki/ reset monster in i1 to a lackluster footsie character with a lackluster trap game
From what I heard Joker was quite ass in Injustice 1 though.

The weirdest thing about Injustice 2 Joker is his trait. I feel like I don't really know how to use it because while the extra movement is nice vs zoners, activating the HA's will get you hit against a zoner so it doesn't really even out. Also Joker's jump normals aren't good enough to make good use of the extra jump speed.

Wigy

There it is...
Anyone figured out how to use jokers trait, seems to just completely fuck my jump in timings and have no use.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Anyone else using his Super? Usually 4 bars is too much meter to spend, but Joker's super has so much unclashable damage potential. If you time it right you can get around 600+ unclashable damage does just with the b3 followups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Anyone figured out how to use jokers trait, seems to just completely fuck my jump in timings and have no use.
Lvl 3 is godlike if you learn how to time jumpins. He becomes insanely good and you can actually get to that lvl in some matchups.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I imagine you can get more after a bgb to hit confirm and even more if they've already clashed or in the first round. I haven't tried the super at all tho

DDutchguy

Lvl 3 is godlike if you learn how to time jumpins. He becomes insanely good and you can actually get to that lvl in some matchups.
Doesn't it give Joker midscreen 50/50s midscreen? B1xxDF1 MB works midscreen and a level 3 jump-in is too fast to react to.