What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
who ever said gl is bad in this game needs to apologize right now lol omg how wrong could you be.. been plahying him the most and eaaaaasily top 5 contender

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I haven't done any gmaeplay online yet but from what I've been able to practice zoning is strong. Mb laser is fast, the low rock is a good tool just to keep people guessing. I haven't found any good setup potential off lantern bomb only because it's a bit delayed between coming out and exploding but his full screen game is very solid

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Okay guys i got home and labbed as promised i want to know a reliable combo finish for this input.

B13-4~db1-B13~db1EX-b3......

Then what everything wiffs for me.

I've only got a jip/k into 2 hits and a dropped smove besides the wall .
Or 2 hits meaning 21 or f2d1 into dropped smove. I need help guys what are some good bnbs over 350....

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Okay guys i got home and labbed as promised i want to know a reliable combo finish for this input.

B13-4~db1-B13~db1EX-b3......

Then what everything wiffs for me.

I've only got a jip/k into 2 hits and a dropped smove besides the wall .
Or 2 hits meaning 21 or f2d1 into dropped smove. I need help guys what are some good bnbs over 350....
223-db1

Don't ji2 after the b3

UnD34D

Noob
223-db1

Don't ji2 after the b3
Isn't the right combo: b1,3...4...db+1, 2,2,3...db+1...2,2,3...db+1? That's what I use.

As for general discussion: Lantern's Might's hitbox seems a lot worse than it was in IGAU. I could be wrong, but it didn't seem to be a very good anti-air while I was messing around today. I got hit with a lot of jump-ins I didn't in IGAU.

Isn't the right combo: b1,3...4...db+1, 2,2,3...db+1...2,2,3...db+1? That's what I use.

As for general discussion: Lantern's Might's hitbox seems a lot worse than it was in IGAU. I could be wrong, but it didn't seem to be a very good anti-air while I was messing around today. I got hit with a lot of jump-ins I didn't in IGAU.
The range of lanterns might is slightly reduced from what I hear yeah.
I think @Fred Marvel mentioned it earlier?

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Lanterns might should NOT be used for anti airing it is not anywhere near as useful as it was in IGAU1. I tested it with a Blue Beetle hovering right in front of me and it whiffed every single time. Keep that move for hard reads and combos imo. It is also a pretty garbage wake up, not useless but nowhere near as useful as it once was.

I've noticed his down 2 seems to hit more reliably and his brick wall can stuff a lot of cross up attempts.

For anyone wondering he still has his cross up after a traited lantern's might. You just need to whiff a forward2 above the enemy as they're fallling and you'll be able to walk over their body for the cross up forward3. The most damage I can get off of it so far is about 400 for 1 bar. Inputs below....

F3, 3, LM, 223, MB LM, B3 is about 400 depending on the character. I'm thinking there's a higher damaging combo with an overcharged lantern but I haven't found anything reliable yet.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Lanterns might should NOT be used for anti airing it is not anywhere near as useful as it was in IGAU1. I tested it with a Blue Beetle hovering right in front of me and it whiffed every single time. Keep that move for hard reads and combos imo. It is also a pretty garbage wake up, not useless but nowhere near as useful as it once was.

I've noticed his down 2 seems to hit more reliably and his brick wall can stuff a lot of cross up attempts.

For anyone wondering he still has his cross up after a traited lantern's might. You just need to whiff a forward2 above the enemy as they're fallling and you'll be able to walk over their body for the cross up forward3. The most damage I can get off of it so far is about 400 for 1 bar. Inputs below....

F3, 3, LM, 223, MB LM, B3 is about 400 depending on the character. I'm thinking there's a higher damaging combo with an overcharged lantern but I haven't found anything reliable yet.
That right there is BEAUTIFUL and good news. I'm in the lab right now and did a good 466 against Atrocitus(No gear). For the BnB into setup tho I can't picture it. Are we doing B1,3 + 4(Trait) + DB1 into the whiffed F2? or what?

Ji3 cross up/non cross up still there after traited lanterns might?
What about otgs after mb lanterns might?

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage

I just did 650 with using oa's rocket tho

ji2,b23,Oa mb,b23,LM mb,b3,22,LM

This was good in ij1 too but the 22, Lm at the end is different as it seems they fall fast now. Also garbage combo in the sense it takes an ability.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Also on another note I can't tell you how exciting it was to get the OA's Rocket ability. To me added that with the rest of his normal abilities is the perfect balance for GL and I wish it was his normal. Everything he has is pushing people away and the " combo starter" on the MB ball is shit. Oa tho it's like a nice Summer breeze. MmmmmMm

Also use wall for wake ups it's a great asset.duh.