What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Let me give you guys a word of advice, cancel everything into battery bomb. It doesn't matter if you get punished because this thing stays on hit. You will win every trade and this move launches if you have trait.
ive been doing this but its not real, you can interrupt it and it disappears lol

But he was. He always said he had trash movement, no damage, and was bottom mid tier at best. He had a horrible dash, but second best walk speed in game. Great damage for 1 bar (40-52%). And I personally had him as top 12. Only a few truly bad match ups.
i said he had trash mobility which he did, walkspeed didnt mean shit in IGAU Zod had horrendous walkspeed but great mobility from his dashes and charge move. GL didnt get good damage in optimal combos. i know a 48% 1 bar but its something nobody ever really landed in matches. there were characters doing 40% 1 bar bnb's some meterless 36% he needed a bar for 30-35 in optimal combos that is not great damage. and heres his bad matchups that you cant argue, zod, sinestro, raven, martian, cyborg, zatanna, batgirl, you could argue superman as well so he had mroe than a few bad ones. i was right about him in IGAU you can try to say whatever you want but this much is truth.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
ive been doing this but its not real, you can interrupt it and it disappears lol

i said he had trash mobility which he did, walkspeed didnt mean shit in IGAU Zod had horrendous walkspeed but great mobility from his dashes and charge move. GL didnt get good damage in optimal combos. i know a 48% 1 bar but its something nobody ever really landed in matches. there were characters doing 40% 1 bar bnb's some meterless 36% he needed a bar for 30-35 in optimal combos that is not great damage. and heres his bad matchups that you cant argue, zod, sinestro, raven, martian, cyborg, zatanna, batgirl, you could argue superman as well so he had mroe than a few bad ones. i was right about him in IGAU you can try to say whatever you want but this much is truth.
Damn, I guess they took it out then.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one

I had setups for 45-52 percent combos, so yes they were optimal. His worst match ups were sinestro, raven, zatana, and green arrow. Zod and mmh were 4-6 when you sat down and learned it. I even had option selects for zod, right @Pig Of The Hut

Reactions: JDM

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Ignoring ridiculous tier arguments and how good he is or isn't.

Anyone that has the game, are you having fun playing him?

I'm not going to say I1 GL was a very exciting character to play, but I enjoyed the time I spent with him.

His new specials though seem kinda.. boring?

JDM

Noob
Ignoring ridiculous tier arguments and how good he is or isn't.

Anyone that has the game, are you having fun playing him?

I'm not going to say I1 GL was a very exciting character to play, but I enjoyed the time I spent with him.

His new specials though seem kinda.. boring?
I had a ton of fun with GL in the first one. He feels very watered down in the second one but so do a lot of the characters. Still fun though.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I've had the game for almost three days. I think he's way more fun. I think the wall special is pretty bad, but I like the wheel and the bombs a lot! MB fireball is my shiiiiiiit. I love that he kept the same normals and strings, they were great and he still has better normals than most of the cast.

I'm not saying anything about tiers either way yet but he's a lot of fun.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Not gonna lie I'm struggling a bit with out rocket

And now I'm better with batman and that's weird as hell I've been a GL main and these abilities change how you play him completely. Doesn't feel natural. I just want rocket and turbine back :( and abilities don't drop for shit 20 hours in game and no GL ability yet wtf

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I had a ton of fun with GL in the first one. He feels very watered down in the second one but so do a lot of the characters. Still fun though.
this is probably the best way to describe him, like a watered down version of him in INJ1. he doesnt feel as much fun to play for me. in INJ1 he wasnt that great but he was definitely fun to play unless you were being zoned out (which is still an issue!)
I had setups for 45-52 percent combos, so yes they were optimal. His worst match ups were sinestro, raven, zatana, and green arrow. Zod and mmh were 4-6 when you sat down and learned it. I even had option selects for zod, right @Pig Of The Hut
lmao you think green arrow was one of his worst matchups and have the nerve to talk down to me? im done with you. it sounds like think you understand the matchups or the character at all. good luck in INJ2

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
This thread is so divided, there's people saying he's trash and people saying he's potential top 5. Maining him and Atrocitus either way. Lanterns for life yo!

I'm just glad Zatanna and Raven aren't back, fuck those match ups in Inj1 lol

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Gonna lab my balls off after work. It looks like lantern bomb is going to be the new go to tool when you have trait active. Without turbine set ups his old bnbs aren't as great.
Same. Last night just blew thru the story as much as I could but today after I finish it it's GL lab time