What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
He kinda wasn't, though he's exaggerating atm.

But I've been hearing good things about the character in I2, and I've been seeing it as well.
But he was. He always said he had trash movement, no damage, and was bottom mid tier at best. He had a horrible dash, but second best walk speed in game. Great damage for 1 bar (40-52%). And I personally had him as top 12. Only a few truly bad match ups.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
you say top 15 as if thats good. if you werent top 10 you werent really tournament viable. GL had at least 7 losing matchups and some that were damn near unwinnable if the opponent played them right (martian, zod, sinestro, batgirl)
umm im not sure that is rally valid. almost the entire cast had hard losing matchups against three of those

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
But he was. He always said he had trash movement, no damage, and was bottom mid tier at best. He had a horrible dash, but second best walk speed in game. Great damage for 1 bar (40-52%). And I personally had him as top 12. Only a few truly bad match ups.
I had him straight up mid tier. Walkspeed didn't get you very far vs the characters he lost to. His damage was good, but a lot of characters had that damage into super dee duper dumb setups on top of that. He basically lost to whatever DLC came out, barring like Scorpion and Lobo. And then there was Sinestro and Raven. He was a solid Aquaman check/counter, though.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Also still to note I'm level 40 GL has been level 20 since I hit player level 18 I think. I still have no GL abilities other than the static ones they give you at 10 and 20 the RNG is cruel. Been playing for 2 1/2 days pretty constant.

JDM

Noob
not gonna lie I feel like GL is worse than in the first one. His space control is weaker and still loses to harsh zoning.

Maybe I'm missing something. Haven't gotten a lot of time to lab with him yet. But I definitely do not buy top 5.

not gonna lie I feel like GL is worse than in the first one. His space control is weaker and still loses to harsh zoning.

Maybe I'm missing something. Haven't gotten a lot of time to lab with him yet. But I definitely do not buy top 5.
GL is easily looking top 5 day one. Get ready for complaints.
WTH! Can everyone just agree if he's good or not.
All of this is bad for my health..

i don't know i must be missing something. He's solid I just don't see anything that screams top 5 to me.
I guess we'll all see after combo breaker, but what i don't get is why people aren't running to the char if it's potentially top 5?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Let me give you guys a word of advice, cancel everything into battery bomb. It doesn't matter if you get punished because this thing stays on hit. You will win every trade and this move launches if you have trait.