What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
You were hella wrong about lantern in injustice 1 lol
no i wasnt lol, his mobility was trash they even said it in their stream, he had a ton of bad matchups and overall was mid tier at ebst. anyone disagreeing with those points is just being foolish

Fred Marvel

GL confirmed trash tier day -2. Wow ok
im not saying he's trash but he isnt better than he was in IGAU, maybe the entire cast overall isnt as powerful as the first game? i dont know. what i know is he is worse. he could be high mid tier i havent played or seen good gameplay of the rest of the cast to see who the best is so i cant rank him yet. these are just my day 1 impressions.

Fred Marvel

another thing i didnt mention is he controlled the air really well in IGAU but probably nobody noticed because there wasnt much high level representation of him and the high level players didnt utilize it as much, but i did a lot, without turbine and air rocket his air control is a lot weaker, his air straight projectile isnt terrible but you cant instant air it like you could with oas rocket. air rocket was also really good with trait but again all of these issues are huge to me because it was my playstyle and they basically force you to play GL a different way now which im not a fan of and some of his best tools were nerfed or taken away. thats all for my impressions tho, the rest of you will seee when you get the game or sometime later down the road, ill see you guys in the championship series

you say top 15 as if thats good. if you werent top 10 you werent really tournament viable. GL had at least 7 losing matchups and some that were damn near unwinnable if the opponent played them right (martian, zod, sinestro, batgirl)
Man idk he seems really up in the air at the moment people are divide on him which isn't a good thing on a dedicated Lantern page. I'm going to give him a try and make my decision on all his options but as of right now my mains for sure is Black Adam and Firestorm until I see what's up with him.Sad cause he has epic gear and I love Lantern lore.

you say top 15 as if thats good. if you werent top 10 you werent really tournament viable. GL had at least 7 losing matchups and some that were damn near unwinnable if the opponent played them right (martian, zod, sinestro, batgirl)
If he wasn't tournament viable, how did character loyalists like Gross and Wafflez place?

Fred Marvel

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gross_DR/status/862904221091450881

According to this, his damage is way better. Gl probably just needs some good lab time to find all his dirt.
this means absolutely nothing by the way, he's practicing against a lvl 1 character. i can get more damage against level 1 deadshot for two bars and trait lol. his damage output is slightly better but nowhere near someone like superman, or batman since batman has multiple launchers and his trait.

this means absolutely nothing by the way, he's practicing against a lvl 1 character. i can get more damage against level 1 deadshot for two bars and trait lol. his damage output is slightly better but nowhere near someone like superman, or batman since batman has multiple launchers and his trait.
Are there levels in competitive mode? I though levels didn't matter any way?

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
He kinda wasn't, though he's exaggerating atm.

But I've been hearing good things about the character in I2, and I've been seeing it as well.

I've been playing since Thursday and GL is great but with out OA's rocket I feel so lost lol not only that the drop rate for abilities is really really low my GL is 20 I'm level 35 but I have had no ability drops for him. I've tried everything.

I've been playing since Thursday and GL is great but with out OA's rocket I feel so lost lol not only that the drop rate for abilities is really really low my GL is 20 I'm level 35 but I have had no ability drops for him. I've tried everything.
What about gear have you gotten how is the drop rates?

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
What about gear have you gotten how is the drop rates?
Gear is slow moving but that's only because it's RNG on who you get gear for and RNG for what gear you get its not as frequent as the beta drop rate it's just the RNG can be rough with no direct path to get something you want nor do you know what's available. How they handle gear and levels after you get it is very nice though.

Gear is slow moving but that's only because it's RNG on who you get gear for and RNG for what gear you get its not as frequent as the beta drop rate it's just the RNG can be rough with no direct path to get something you want nor do you know what's available. How they handle gear and levels after you get it is very nice though.
Sounds like nrs really stepped their game up this time

Fred Marvel

....yes it was. They are both level 1 characters. Stop digging yourself deeper bruh.
can you just let me make the GL forums great again please ;)

also tbh im just salty because they nerfed my playstyle. but GL is worse for real lol anterns might whiffs ALL THE TIME if they air dash or sometimes just jump so he cant anti air that well anymore, it has very specific ranges. his jump feels worse which cant be right because it was horrible in IGAU. he's also still free to rushdown..he has no answer, wall can be baited or just punished and some characters can just jump over it lol.

heres something cool tho if you have trait you can do b13 battery explode then lift into 223 etc

i just hate that i can get bodied using GL then pick another character and smash that same player...like that bugs me since i know him the best lol