What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
No I want him to be what they are making him to be just overall balanced solid character as of right now he has about 10 characters he loses too that number is way too high period. I don't want broken I want more tighter fighter with his zoning to work better the rest I can give two shit about damage sure it can stay the same gaps in his back 12,and 13 sure whatever semi decent wake up sure ok mostly safe strings that are mostly negative but still leave him pretty safe but no follow up options sure ok I can live,his lanterns might range heavily needed can't really aa anymore I mean fuck I guess I can live with it but then you want me to accept the lame new zoning when he has 4 brand new zoning moves that is supposed to help his long range when they don't naw that shit needs a bump im sorry the rest I can live with but that shit needs a bump.
His zoning is pretty good, but it's not even meant to zone, it's his space control. Used for checks

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I want the lanterns might to have a better hitbox. And I want a damage buff. I think the risk reward for all of GLs hkd setups aren't really in his favor unless the opponent is clueless and does normal wakeup constantly, so I just want him to be able to compete better without relying on gimmicky oki setups.

Can someone point me to the preferred delay wakeup oki setups? As of now I don't bother with them much, nor do I use OCL close after blocked b13. I just block or back dash now and sometimes jump in depending on what they like to do. Is it just me or is b12 completely useless? Everyone stand blocks after b1, and the best players backdash and/or blow it up. What am I missing there?

Are you guys using f2d1 and staggering f2 b1 a lot?

I like GL and I love the character in general, I will stick with him no matter what. He's good and I love playing him, but he's the kind of character that just doesn't do great against the most frequently played characters nor is he scary to people who know the MU. But, he seems incredibly good if you're lost in the MU.

Maybe GL will be great with no changes after the top tier gets normalized a bit. I really don't know.

His zoning is pretty good, but it's not even meant to zone, it's his space control. Used for checks
How can you say that most of the zoning we have is slow unless we meter burn joker and Batman out zone us how does that make any kind of sense lol? His zoning is sub par even the air lantern battery a move meant to counter cyborg air zoning,supergirl,blue beetle darkseid,deadshot,harley, and Superman is not very good it's more negative then our grounded lanterns battery sure that makes sense ok but why in god does it have the same start up frames as the grounded one wtf at least make it faster I guess they want me to do trait to make it shoot faster but then I lose my back 13 trait lift bnb shit I might as well use meter burn battery air blast at least that is fast but then I'm burning thru meter just to anti zone???I'm sorry there's not you guys can say that can convince me his zoning doesn't need some love.

I want the lanterns might to have a better hitbox. And I want a damage buff. I think the risk reward for all of GLs hkd setups aren't really in his favor unless the opponent is clueless and does normal wakeup constantly, so I just want him to be able to compete better without relying on gimmicky oki setups.

Can someone point me to the preferred delay wakeup oki setups? As of now I don't bother with them much, nor do I use OCL close after blocked b13. I just block or back dash now and sometimes jump in depending on what they like to do. Is it just me or is b12 completely useless? Everyone stand blocks after b1, and the best players backdash and/or blow it up. What am I missing there?

Are you guys using f2d1 and staggering f2 b1 a lot?

I like GL and I love the character in general, I will stick with him no matter what. He's good and I love playing him, but he's the kind of character that just doesn't do great against the most frequently played characters nor is he scary to people who know the MU. But, he seems incredibly good if you're lost in the MU.

Maybe GL will be great with no changes after the top tier gets normalized a bit. I really don't know.
This what you stated is exactly why he needs some love. Once people know how to fight him even if we adjust or step up our game as others on here stated lol his damage don't compare to them and his gaps in his offensive mixups suck and his lack luster zoning hurts but people don't want to admit that.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
How can you say that most of the zoning we have is slow unless we meter burn joker and Batman out zone us how does that make any kind of sense lol? His zoning is sub par even the air lantern battery a move meant to counter cyborg air zoning,supergirl,blue beetle darkseid,deadshot,harley, and Superman is not very good it's more negative then our grounded lanterns battery sure that makes sense ok but why in god does it have the same start up frames as the grounded one wtf at least make it faster I guess they want me to do trait to make it shoot faster but then I lose my back 13 trait lift bnb shit I might as well use meter burn battery air blast at least that is fast but then I'm burning thru meter just to anti zone???I'm sorry there's not you guys can say that can convince me his zoning doesn't need some love.
You do understand you're not supposed to lames those characters out unless you have the life lead right?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I think the risk reward for all of GLs hkd setups aren't really in his favor unless the opponent is clueless and does normal wakeup constantly, so I just want him to be able to compete better without relying on gimmicky oki setups.
You have to sacrifice damage, but you can get pretty supreme oki on most characters with traited Lantern's Might. Cheap plug time!

I understand the damage sacrifice is annoying, but I would rather go for a (totally safe) gamble that could lead into high damage rather than spend trait and bar and do like 33% in most (notice I said most, not all) situations. The nice thing about it is with just an eyelash's worth of movement again, you can make it hit the opposite way too.

You do understand you're not supposed to lames those characters out unless you have the life lead right?
You do know that those two have very deadly corner setups right joker teeth in corner with his long reaching crowbar gets him in and he has safer mixups then us plus his damage output is higher and he has a decent counter so if you try to oki him he can just use the counter the overhead unless of course you do the jumping 3 reset that's different or the back 13 but that's guys zoning is no joke gains meter faster then us same as Batman they always have meter against us that's a issue in those fights we have to give up more meter for our gamplans to work.

You have to sacrifice damage, but you can get pretty supreme oki on most characters with traited Lantern's Might. Cheap plug time!

I understand the damage sacrifice is annoying, but I would rather go for a (totally safe) gamble that could lead into high damage rather than spend trait and bar and do like 33% in most (notice I said most, not all) situations. The nice thing about it is with just an eyelash's worth of movement again, you can make it hit the opposite way too.
How come your not using the jumping 3 instead it's more ambiguous mixup?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela

Awesome man, thank you very much, I will learn the setup and give it a try. Hey if nothing else, it's a way to catch someone sleeping who is so used to seeing the f2 setup on oki.

And your conversion against blue beetle was nuts, never seen that combo, cool stuff I will definitely check out your videos.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
You do know that those two have very deadly corner setups right joker teeth in corner with his long reaching crowbar gets him in and he has safer mixups then us plus his damage output is higher and he has a decent counter so if you try to oki him he can just use the counter the overhead unless of course you do the jumping 3 reset that's different or the back 13 but that's guys zoning is no joke gains meter faster then us same as Batman they always have meter against us that's a issue in those fights we have to give up more meter for our gamplans to work.
His wake up is only a parry, you can oki him all you want. You can just ex b3 his crowbar, yeah his zoning it hard but that's the only thing. Gl just gets outzoned, he doesn't need better zoning tools

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
How come your not using the jumping 3 instead it's more ambiguous mixup?
I don't think it is actually, but even if it was, there are more options out, unfortunately, on regular wakeup. If they delay and you miss you still have the same set of options, but it's easier to backdash out, easier to change direction on an invincible wakeup, and more.

Don't get me wrong; like I said before, the beauty of the setup is in its versatility, because once you establish a pattern the world is your oyster. I do j3 every now and again, but if I want to be really tricky I do the j1 setup because I think it's much harder to block, and the mindfuck of blocking one way but visually blocking another I think is much more potent than j3, which lacks that weird ambiguity.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I don't think they should change him at all. If they nerf the top tiers as expected and he gets buffed, he could easily become pretty overpowered.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I don't get what the arguing is about?

Is GL ever going to win a tornament solo? No

Is GL trash? Also no

He's mediocre just like last game. It doesn't take a genious to see that.
this is literally all im saying but im getting flamed for it lol he's low mid tier again

this is literally all im saying but im getting flamed for it lol he's low mid tier again
That's exactly the issue no one seems to get he is good solid character but still needs a bit of a buff I don't want him to be ok just have a more soild foundation that's all I want.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
I'm not asking for everything I just don't think it's fair that we have zoning tools but they suck unless I spend meter on them to be better when I have to fight Darkseid player who has better zoning by far a better trait higher damage combos and can run from gl the whole game you honestly can't sit here and say that the characters me and Fred listed aren't annoying or just hard fights cause then I'll know your on some bs
lanterns zoning tools dont suck at all, just because you cant mindlessly fire them out constantly like some characters doesnt mean they're bad. mix them up, good use of overcharged lantern is a big thing in our zoning game, also remember when we are in trait our projectiles are improved! fast and slow bf1 can really help mix things up, fast can help with trades and slow can be good to follow in and start pressure.

sometimes in my combos when i activate trait i will end in 223xxbf2, then put out a slow bf1 and follow it in for pressure, can armour break too with a meaty b1

lanterns zoning tools dont suck at all, just because you cant mindlessly fire them out constantly like some characters doesnt mean they're bad. mix them up, good use of overcharged lantern is a big thing in our zoning game, also remember when we are in trait our projectiles are improved! fast and slow bf1 can really help mix things up, fast can help with trades and slow can be good to follow in and start pressure.

sometimes in my combos when i activate trait i will end in 223xxbf2, then put out a slow bf1 and follow it in for pressure, can armour break too with a meaty b1
That's the thing I don't mindlessly throw out projectiles it's just against a good player that has a character like idk Darkseid who zones out gl and can teleport in and out of our pressure has a safe wakeup and higher damage. As a gl player I don't have the luxury of even trying to zone back unless I spend meter or use my trait I usually wanna keep for juggle combos so I don't have to depend on my meter to do my juggles. So your saying I should just use trait to zone him back when best I might get is a already losing exchange cause his zoning gives him a hard knock down unlike mine only that slow roll over that is super negative gets us a hard knock down in zoning wars lol??? Dude come on im sorry but you guys need to stop acting like us players complaining about him that we suck and don't know what we are talking about cause that is bs I know I'm right you can go into that fight against a good player and see I'm right gl zoning is sub par and that's why players like Gross barely use the zoning but just goes for up close game.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
That's the thing I don't mindlessly throw out projectiles it's just against a good player that has a character like idk Darkseid who zones out gl and can teleport in and out of our pressure has a safe wakeup and higher damage. As a gl player I don't have the luxury of even trying to zone back unless I spend meter or use my trait I usually wanna keep for juggle combos so I don't have to depend on my meter to do my juggles. So your saying I should just use trait to zone him back when best I might get is a already losing exchange cause his zoning gives him a hard knock down unlike mine only that slow roll over that is super negative gets us a hard knock down in zoning wars lol??? Dude come on im sorry but you guys need to stop acting like us players complaining about him that we suck and don't know what we are talking about cause that is bs I know I'm right you can go into that fight against a good player and see I'm right gl zoning is sub par and that's why players like Gross barely use the zoning but just goes for up close game.
honestly think you need to work on the match ups a bit more or trying mixing up how and when your throwing your projectiles and which ones, maybe your struggling vs darkseid because your being too predictable and just trying to trade with his lasers, which wont work.

and thats just how this game works, every characters going to have bad match ups and you need to work on figuring them out and exploring your options around the other characters best tools, not just complaining its too hard and asking for buffs.

Icefyre

Shadows
youve never played me or seen me play...
just know that im a lot better than you and always will be
Wut?

Get out of here with these lame attempts at insulting people who don't agree with you. Ad hominems, despite how they make you feel, don't help your argument. Neither does contradicting yourself.

People seriously need to be careful with wanting GL buffed, it's not like he's in a bad spot just because he has some struggling mu's. He's not the only one with many bad mu's. I'm not saying one or two QoL fixes wouldn't help a lot, but they need to be small "fixes" imo.

honestly think you need to work on the match ups a bit more or trying mixing up how and when your throwing your projectiles and which ones, maybe your struggling vs darkseid because your being too predictable and just trying to trade with his lasers, which wont work.

and thats just how this game works, every characters going to have bad match ups and you need to work on figuring them out and exploring your options around the other characters best tools, not just complaining its too hard and asking for buffs.
I'm not trading with lasers that's suicide I'm not dumb your stating the obvious I know me the match up best bet in to get in on him and keep him grounded but alot easier said then done against someone who knows the matchup as well. Plus most players have admitted on here Darkseid is one of his worst matchups so I'm not crazy when saying it is annoying.

Fred Marvel

Wut?

Get out of here with these lame attempts at insulting people who don't agree with you. Ad hominems, despite how they make you feel, don't help your argument. Neither does contradicting yourself.

People seriously need to be careful with wanting GL buffed, it's not like he's in a bad spot just because he has some struggling mu's. He's not the only one with many bad mu's. I'm not saying one or two QoL fixes wouldn't help a lot, but they need to be small "fixes" imo.
read the entire thread before you insult me or dont @ me lol.

Fred Marvel

I don't think people get what we are saying don't want to broken just tweaked a bit in a good way not a broken way
people just dont know the character very well. even if he had black adams damage he wouldnt be as broken as adam is now. he would need a ton to be OP. theres almost no chance of that happening unless they give him some unreal buffs. but he needs to be fixed lanterns might doesnt even work half the time for one thats something that needs to be fixed. he also needs a wake up. he's not fine he's not okay he is below average with issues.