What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Lantern Might being able to reliably anti air again.

Maaaaaybe a 6f d1.

Maybe MB Traited Boulder should pop up higher or have less recovery so he can continue combos similar to how MB Oa Rocket functioned. 2 bar 40% combo boyz lol.

Thats it. He is fine as is. Let everyone else get adjusted push him up the tier list.

I mean realistically we gl players are almost getting supergirl damage without all the mixups she has and to me better footies plus zoning. Is it so wrong to ask for reasonable buffs?

I mean all the zoning tools he has and he still gets out zoned by alot of people how does that make sense???
Think of all the characters he zones out though. Yeah DS, Fate, Darkseid, and Harley are an up hill battle but he hangs with Cyborg and Ivy from my experience. Who else do you feel zone him out?

I mean realistically we gl players are almost getting supergirl damage without all the mixups she has and to me better footies plus zoning. Is it so wrong to ask for reasonable buffs?
F3 and J3 result in big boy damage. Watch Gross and Rebelo, they end their combos early to get set ups after. This is a very legit strategy that I've been implementing into my GL game. Don't get me wrong I'm a casual shmuck.

Think of all the characters he zones out though. Yeah DS, Fate, Darkseid, and Harley are an up hill battle but he hangs with Cyborg and Ivy from my experience. Who else do you feel zone him out?
Joker,black adam you trade blows but his damage output shits on gl,aquaman same things as black Adam ,blue beetle,batman,and even firestorm can out zone him sadly cause his zoning is either too slow or too negative it's not good at all

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
So with the patch coming what reasonable changes do you guys want to see happen with gl? I personally would like the gap between back 13 fixed, his air zoning battery blast 12f start up so I can actually zone back Darkseid or superman consistently in the air,lanterns might to be able to anti air again consistently don't get me wrong down 2 is great but I miss my lift,I want lanterns bomb to be -6 on block so it gives us a better block string with back13 close lanterns bomb,meter burn wall to be plus 2 at least so we can do something after it,battery blast I'd like it to be negative 12 on block it's not the best zoning move as is so at least make it less negative on block, and bowled over 10 start up this move is super negative at least make it fast. These are alot of changes but i think are needed and if they don't give as many buffs then at least give him a damage buff. I dont expect all these buffs but i do expect a few cause he does need some love.
way too much, lantern is fine as he is imo. only buff i can really see coming is a buff to lanterns might hitbox

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Joker,black adam you trade blows but his damage output shits on gl,aquaman same things as black Adam ,blue beetle,batman,and even firestorm can out zone him sadly cause his zoning is either too slow or too negative it's not good at all
beetle and firestorm dont outzone lantern imo, use ex bf1 more and air bf1 to command the air space

beetle and firestorm dont outzone lantern imo, use ex bf1 more and air bf1 to command the air space
When blue beetle starts air zoning our air zoning is not as fast as his plus he shoot down at a angle like our good old oa rocket did I say blue beetle can out zone we can beat blue beetle but he can zone us better then we zone him. Firestorm I mean idk his low shot if done properly can really put a snag in our neutral game I'm not saying we can't beat firestorm but I'm sorry I just feel like go zoning options are very lack luster unless I use meter on them they suck in my opinion

Good call on Joker, Black Adams zoning IMO isn't what makes it a bad MU,(500 from one touch, blow me) The Aquaman MU isn't as bad as everyone says it is. BB is a pesky SOB good call. Bats is a shit show but Firestorm is manageable

Good call on Joker, Black Adams zoning IMO isn't what makes it a bad MU,(500 from one touch, blow me) The Aquaman MU isn't as bad as everyone says it is. BB is a pesky SOB good call. Bats is a shit show but Firestorm is manageable
I'm glad someone is being a realist I mean I done tournaments I posted on here people seen me play I don't suck I gotten 2 place a few times and even 1st but not with just gl alone I mean I love his play style but his zoning needs a buff period plus people been figuring out like I stated a long time ago the resets that even players like Gross stop doing the 50/50 cause people been blocking it more so he rather go for damage but the damage isn't too great then the zoning sucks I mean I'm not trying to down play gl but I'm being a realist he needs some buffs I don't want him broken just more viable. If you guys watch players like gross notice he doesn't do back 13 into close lanterns bomb much anymore cause like I said before in a post people were gonna catch on it can be punished.

Bes110

Noob

Here is a link to a tournament I was in. Was knocked out again to finish in seventh :(. I play as green lantern at 59:30 versus scarecrow. I got 0-3 but they were all close. Looking back I should have won. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Genuine question, what are the matchups that he loses?
Depends really but I think it's safe to say Black Adam 6-4 Adams favor it wouldn't be so bad if b.a damage wasn't so high,same case with superman 6-4,Aquaman some people say 5-5 but in the end he does have better tools then us 6-4 in my opinion Aquamans favor,Supergirl 6-4 her favor she just has everything to shut down our game I hope she doesn't get a damage bump,Darkseid 7-3 his Favor it's bad this match is like try to get meter save it for either combos or meter burn zoning but during most this match we are turtling our way to a victory and waiting for any opening,Deadshot another bad matchup 7-3 his favor we have to work very hard to get in but then he has mixups a good wakeup to take away our hard knock down resets meter is very sacred to win this fight by counter hitting being very patient and looking for openings,Dr. Fate another annoying match up I'm going to give this a 6-4 his favor the zoning destroys ours so we have to again try to get in but we can't turtle this guy cause his zoning hits mid he has ways to push us away but if we can get in and stay in he is ours is mixups aren't great which gives us a edge up close but we do have to watch the spacing and his glyph move just be smart about blocking and stay on him don't get pushed away otherwise we are fucked,Then we have Batman 6-4 his favor depending on how good the Batman zoning and trait management is but yeah this is hard he can out zone us sadly which i think is total bs then his damage up close and mixups are better then ours and he has those dam bats this fight is winnable but you do have to grind it out,Atrocitus idk I have mixed feelings about this fight I wanna say it's a close fight but I feel that he does have a edge cause all the plus frames with dex star so I'm going to say 6-4 his favor but it isn't super bad cause we can back 1 under dex star so that helps alot,I'd say Catwomen 6-4 her favor only because she has no issue getting in and her damage is crazy good her catdash should not be so safe and that low profile back 3 she has crazy then her jumping 2 really closes the gap fast. I can see all these match up getting better with a good patch nerf to them but I'd say those are his biggest losing matchups the rest of the cast is either even or in our favor cause his zoning actually works.

Last edited:
I want his zoning buffed a bit,the wall buffed on meter burn and my lanterns might to aa again even if he doesn't get a damage bump if those 3 things are done it would help him alot just be a overall more solid balanced character